High Overlord
    The bad part is, if you have say 3 melee (who use 2H), and two of them have a heroic 2H sword. Then the other guy wants that too, but just so happens to have the next sword drop be thunderforged. Then he mostlikely gets it and the other melee have to wait AGAIN....

The main thing i like about upgrades is they put your valour to use, instead of just capping...

Hmm, is there any news on Hard Modes coming back to any of the fights in the new raid? if so, image seeing/ waiting on some heroic elite thunderforged items xD

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Yes.... this system peeves me to no end aswell.

Heres hoping the overwhelming negetive feedback makes them change it to auto 2/2upgraded since the system is returing in 5.3 mini patch or the "thunderforge" is changed to a drop like firestones that lets you upgrade the slot. Not be punished for taking a BIS heroic and unable to take TF the night after.

Also bear with me for 5.2.

This bis list is going to be a fucking nightmare.
    Have you suggested this on twitter or the forums? Really good idea, first one not so much.

Thunderforged Mogustones :P Same shitter RNG chances, but easier to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Also bear with me for 5.2.

This bis list is going to be a fucking nightmare.
    I can imagine.

Have you simmed yet what's better this patch? Mastery or Haste?

Also hai Anaxie you ray of sunshine.

This might not be the place to ask, but I suspect many posters here have done this: how do you use simcraft to see the effect of upgrading your weapon on your dps? I have only just started to use SimCraft and could import my character very easily, and figured out how to edit a line to see the effect of altering some talents. But can anyone guide me on what to edit to change my weapon from 0/2 upgrades to 2/2? Thanks for any guidance.

I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Isn't it kinda set in stone that only offset (non tier) items can be thunderforged or whatever and chest and leg armors usually have the most stats on them making the itemlevel bonus even better on them. So offset in T15 should be either legs or chest thunderforged, depending on their stats and the tier stats ofc.
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Isn't it kinda set in stone that only offset (non tier) items can be thunderforged or whatever and chest and leg armors usually have the most stats on them making the itemlevel bonus even better on them. So offset in T15 should be either legs or chest thunderforged, depending on their stats and the tier stats ofc.
    I got that impression and hope thats how it works. I doubt it tho. Thunderforged weapons HOOOO

I am hoping that these thunder-forged items are just pre-upgraded, otherwise its a horrible system altogether 10v25 differences non-withstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    This might not be the place to ask, but I suspect many posters here have done this: how do you use simcraft to see the effect of upgrading your weapon on your dps? I have only just started to use SimCraft and could import my character very easily, and figured out how to edit a line to see the effect of altering some talents. But can anyone guide me on what to edit to change my weapon from 0/2 upgrades to 2/2? Thanks for any guidance.
    add *,upgrade=2* in the end of the weapons line after import. Without the stars ofc

Yo, here is a question, does Light's hammer can be used on Lei shi during hide to damage him ?

Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    Yo, here is a question, does Light's hammer can be used on Lei shi during hide to damage him ?
    Yes. Any non targeted AoE.

Sha of Fear Melee hit You 372908 Physical. (766625 Overkill) (Critical)
    Begging us to buff is sometimes easier than trying to beat the boss.(Source)

I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    Yes. Any non targeted AoE.
    Kinda bullshit that rets have NO ways to break stealth except a talent with 1min cd though.
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

Late into the thread here. Are ret pallys supposed to be gemming haste? also, haste>mastery>crit for reforging, obviously while being hit and expertise capped? if this is true, will it be the same in 5.2?

Right now you should be gemming haste most definitely, except in red you go haste/str. Also Haste/hit in blue, and so on. In 5.2 thought Mastery is looking very good at the moment but we will see if it outweighs haste pretty quickly.

It won't outweigh Haste until we get enough haste that we hit the gcp cap during bloodlust for sure, maybe even after.

Quick question, since they added the legendary item to add an extra socket to sha-touched weapons, I was wondering if Heroic Starshatter is still better than Normal Sha of Fear weapon even with Legendary gem which is 500 str and the additional socket with 320 haste.

Quote Originally Posted by mels View Post
    Quick question, since they added the legendary item to add an extra socket to sha-touched weapons, I was wondering if Heroic Starshatter is still better than Normal Sha of Fear weapon even with Legendary gem which is 500 str and the additional socket with 320 haste.
    For me Prismatic N shinka > h-starshatter by about 400dps this is ignoring innate secondaries because that's dependent on your gear. Personally I've reforged out of expertise almost everywhere and thus the starshatter is even less appealing.

Basically, sim your own char and go from there.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2013-01-27 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mels View Post
    There are multiple threads about this. Sim your own gear, it's slightly different for everyone.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Starshatter-HC

Sha of Fear Melee hit You 372908 Physical. (766625 Overkill) (Critical)
    Begging us to buff is sometimes easier than trying to beat the boss.(Source)

For my 501 ilvl ret Starshatter HC is a bit better than Shinka +2gems, but I'm human. Difference is about 15str, so for any non-human Shinka should be better + u don't have expertise problems.