Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    Yeah, I'm fairly confident no one uses light's hammer for sha, the adds move too much. Like Vigi said, in a 25m setting Rets can generally sit on the boss and just passive cleave with DS and HoTR and then swap to adds super late in the fight. Obviously we won't be top add damage, but we do a similar amount of damage as to if we were to run around killing adds the whole time. We only really lose the censure damage of rolling multiple stacks in adds.
    Or you can just not suck at rolling 3+ stacks and pony up, just saying digglet

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilanti View Post
    Or you can just not suck at rolling 3+ stacks and pony up, just saying digglet
    Yeah, but the damage difference is minimal at best. :P

Sha of Fear Melee hit You 372908 Physical. (766625 Overkill) (Critical)
    Begging us to buff is sometimes easier than trying to beat the boss.(Source)

Yeah, I'm fairly confident no one uses light's hammer for sha, the adds move too much.
    Comparing our last logs vs yours (only P2), damage of lights hammer was 8M vs 4M of ES. Kinda big difference to ignore.

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-en35r4915tkev5gb/details/11/?s=12030&e=13010

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-juu6d5k2izxldeo9/details/74/?s=3288&e=4162

So I asked for trinket ICDs and mechanics for all the new trinkets on the PTR Class and Set Bonus Issues II thread because every theorycrafter could benefit from that information, not just us Ret Paladins. Hopefully I get a response on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    So I asked for trinket ICDs and mechanics for all the new trinkets on the PTR Class and Set Bonus Issues II thread because every theorycrafter could benefit from that information, not just us Ret Paladins. Hopefully I get a response on that.
    It seems trinkets are using the new Real PPM system. I only got my hands on a caster trinket from LFR though but it has a 2 RPPM (sometimes proc again after 20s and sometimes after 2m).

Quote Originally Posted by Zendai View Post
    Comparing our last logs vs yours (only P2), damage of lights hammer was 8M vs 4M of ES. Kinda big difference to ignore.

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-en35r4915tkev5gb/details/11/?s=12030&e=13010

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-juu6d5k2izxldeo9/details/74/?s=3288&e=4162
    Well we don't have our Rets hard swap to adds until the very last 2 sets of adds, I was specced SW for more single target damage on Sha, AND I did only 2mil less damage than you on adds? Vigi was specced HA, with ES and he did just as much damage as you. Your strat is most likely different, our adds aren't in the same spot long enough for LH to be effective, not to mention the loss of Sha DPS.

I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Runewrath View Post
    I would say rets are good for 25m because you can purity every huddle. In our 25m we never broke huddles.
    25man has more "room" for support than 10man has, but even then if you have a tankadin, 1-2 holy paladins there's not much use for more than 1 ret. My guild usually ends up going 2 holy + 2 ret. Good coverage of devo auras and alot of hands to go out, but that's the "limit" on how useful paladins (rets) are atm I fear and I'm 99% sure that we'd go with a tankadin and 1 less ret if we had a tankadin (or a third holy pala if the fight allows it).
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

Ring of the Golden Stair or Ring of the Bladest Tempest (Rf)?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    25man has more "room" for support than 10man has, but even then if you have a tankadin, 1-2 holy paladins there's not much use for more than 1 ret. My guild usually ends up going 2 holy + 2 ret. Good coverage of devo auras and alot of hands to go out, but that's the "limit" on how useful paladins (rets) are atm I fear and I'm 99% sure that we'd go with a tankadin and 1 less ret if we had a tankadin (or a third holy pala if the fight allows it).
    Oh absolutely, we have 2 holy and then me. But we have 3 warriors who bring so much more sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Sad thing is that while Purity is very good for Sha HC, only so many is favorable. Say you have a tankadin and a holy paladin. That's 2 out of 5 huddles. Then you have a warrior or 2 with intervene and a disc priest or two that can focus shields on one or two. So yes, Purity is great. But bringing 5 paladins(that being 2 or 3 rets) that kinda loses more than you gain. Atleast that is my opinion.
    We also have all melee(except for DK's) go all out on boss until the 2nd wave of 8 adds. At that point everyone kills 2 waves of adds and then we kite the rest. Pretty standard. So my focus is killing the boss, which if you took a parse for boss only damage, i wouldn't be useless at all. Although other melee classes could surpass me even with more dmg on adds.

The thing is, if your MT is your prot paladin, they won't be doing purities. The loss of a GCD, and the loss of unbreakable spirit is too much. They need those DPs to survive thrash, and if they lose a GCD to purity, they may not be able to even get a SoTR up for every one without sitting on HP forever.

is prot paladin a good choice for tanking sha 25hc?

Quote Originally Posted by Flowe View Post
    is prot paladin a good choice for tanking sha 25hc?
    Yes, very good.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

good to know thx

I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    The thing is, if your MT is your prot paladin, they won't be doing purities. The loss of a GCD, and the loss of unbreakable spirit is too much. They need those DPs to survive thrash, and if they lose a GCD to purity, they may not be able to even get a SoTR up for every one without sitting on HP forever.
    depends entirely on the situation, but yeah.
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

New PTR build made SoJ fully functionnal and it increases TV damage by 25% WDmg* (*edit fix, thanks Mamoru) per stack, 5stacks maximum, not consumed by TVs, 20sec duration. Would Switching to SoJ for CDs be a viable option ?

Besides, concerning T14 and T15, are double 2P bonuses a gain, or the loss of the reduced AW CD is too much ?
    For instance : I have head and chest LFR 0/2, Legs normal 0/2, Hands heroic 2/2. Is there a way where double 2P would be an upgrade (switching 2 LFR pieces for normal 2PT15) ?

- Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun - 0.56 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. 22 sec ICD.
    - Primordius’ Talisman of Rage – 3.00 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD.
    - Spark of Zandalar - 5.00 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD.
    - Gaze of the Twins – 1.00 RealPPM on critical harmful abilities and spells, periodic spell, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD.

Can someone explain these RealPPM for more or translate it per trinket.
    The VP trinket looks pretty shit with 75 ICD i think... maybe if it lasted 20 seconds?

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    - Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun - 0.56 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. 22 sec ICD.
    - Primordius’ Talisman of Rage – 3.00 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD.
    - Spark of Zandalar - 5.00 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD.
    - Gaze of the Twins – 1.00 RealPPM on critical harmful abilities and spells, periodic spell, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD.

Can someone explain these RealPPM for more or translate it per trinket.
    It's difficult to tell off-hand but napkin math with 24% haste (translates to 29% spell haste, which is what it would be based off of):
    Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun - 12% to proc
    Primordius' Talisman of Rage - 64.5% chance at the beginning of the fight. At 3 seconds since proc'd it'd be a 19.35% chance to proc. At 6 seconds it'd be a 38.7% chance to proc. At 9 seconds it would be a 55.8% chance to proc.
    Spark of Zandalark - 100% chance to get a charge at the beginning of the fight, same at 10 seconds since last proc. At 3.33 seconds it'd be 35.8% chance to proc. At 6.66 seconds it'd be 71.6% chance to proc.
    Gaze of the Twins - too lazy to do this one and it probably sucks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    The VP trinket looks pretty shit with 75 ICD i think... maybe if it lasted 20 seconds?
    Well it does give a significant amount of strength.
    Last edited by Reith; 2013-02-13 at 11:22 PM.

I think our VP is better spent on upgrades considering how much expertise we have already.