1. #2501
    At this point I'd be happy to get even the LFR Feather. This game is really hating this tier when it comes to str trinket and 2h weapon drops, lol.

  2. #2502
    Quote Originally Posted by Exertim View Post
    At this point I'd be happy to get even the LFR Feather. This game is really hating this tier when it comes to str trinket and 2h weapon drops, lol.
    u arent only one m8 with same issue

  3. #2503
    tell me about it. I got LFR feather and LFR Zermat (council sword). I actually had to get the valor gloves from Celestials because I had the hit gloves from LFR MsV. I've now got my hit and expertise caps, but only because I used a haste/stam gem in my helm.

  4. #2504
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkfist View Post
    I Just have the lfr version. Its nuts. Went off 4 Times in a row...went off with my shitty vp trinket...hit like 70k ap
    Check this out: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3#post20796493

  5. #2505
    High Overlord Rikhx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    102
    Amazing how much heroic feather, weapon and 4pc can do for you. 152k dps with just 524ilvl. Too bad we still do private logs (((


  6. #2506
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland, UK
    Posts
    14
    Should Speed of Light for those tornadoes. I find it to be full of much win. Can focus more on DPSing while running at those kinds of speeds through the tornadoes with the odd judgment and such still firing at the boss. Of course it would be nice to just get Stampeding Roar each time but the druids in my guild are, shall we say, not as reliable as I would like. If you want something done right, do it yourself

  7. #2507
    High Overlord Rikhx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaslice View Post
    Should Speed of Light for those tornadoes. I find it to be full of much win. Can focus more on DPSing while running at those kinds of speeds through the tornadoes with the odd judgment and such still firing at the boss. Of course it would be nice to just get Stampeding Roar each time but the druids in my guild are, shall we say, not as reliable as I would like. If you want something done right, do it yourself
    Ain't needed, I got roar'd but I still have nitro boost and we only get one tornado phase, and I was still using exo/judge on the boss to keep censure up, but it pretty much backfired on me because both my trinkets proc'd and wasted a good 5-10 sec.

  8. #2508
    Banned anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,581
    Fuck that bubble and walk right through it then spin and start chaining wraths from symbiosis like a boss. You should get 7 ish casts off jaja.

  9. #2509
    so i have some questions on when best to use Execution Sentence and how long to delay it.

    how long should i delay ES to line it up with GOAK? right now im delaying it a max of ~20 seconds and only when i have 20 stacks
    how long should i delay ES to line up with Avenging Wrath? right now i delay it if AV is off CD but not if its on CD
    how long should i delay ES to line up with Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun?
    how long should i delay ES to line up with Spark of Zandalar?

    also currently i am a JC/BS and am thinking of going Engineering/BS, i currently am progressing through normal with plans to for heroic progression asap (we are still filling out raid team) in 5.2 as well as 5.3 and am trying to get the most i can out of my pally. i currently have Spark of Zandalar, Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun (both 522) so i will not be locked out of any on use trinkets. what do you all think, is it worth losing all the JC stuff and spending the gold to go Engineering? or is there a better profession to replace JC with/should i keep JC?

    thanks for the help =D
    -Paint

  10. #2510
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikhx View Post
    Amazing how much heroic feather, weapon and 4pc can do for you. 152k dps with just 524ilvl. Too bad we still do private logs (((
    Yea its awesome. Managed to pull 158k dps on Megaera 10hc (rank 1 yay ) this reset whit only 523ilvl

  11. #2511
    Quote Originally Posted by Freppi View Post
    Yea its awesome. Managed to pull 158k dps on Megaera 10hc (rank 1 yay ) this reset whit only 523ilvl
    Probably because you're like the only ret in 10-man heroics. Just a slight exaggeration.

  12. #2512
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland, UK
    Posts
    14
    Chaining Wraths eh? Never considered that. Will try that next week. Chances are the feral will give me symbiosis for bubble. Usually I'm not one to use my bubble on things that can be avoided (fps lag not withstanding) but if it'll lead to a DPS increase, sign me up

  13. #2513
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintpauller View Post
    so i have some questions on when best to use Execution Sentence and how long to delay it.

    how long should i delay ES to line it up with GOAK? right now im delaying it a max of ~20 seconds and only when i have 20 stacks
    how long should i delay ES to line up with Avenging Wrath? right now i delay it if AV is off CD but not if its on CD
    how long should i delay ES to line up with Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun?
    how long should i delay ES to line up with Spark of Zandalar?

    also currently i am a JC/BS and am thinking of going Engineering/BS, i currently am progressing through normal with plans to for heroic progression asap (we are still filling out raid team) in 5.2 as well as 5.3 and am trying to get the most i can out of my pally. i currently have Spark of Zandalar, Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun (both 522) so i will not be locked out of any on use trinkets. what do you all think, is it worth losing all the JC stuff and spending the gold to go Engineering? or is there a better profession to replace JC with/should i keep JC?

    thanks for the help =D
    -Paint
    I wanted to post this earlier today, but because I was on my phone my login timed out.

    basically, what you want to do is maximize the AP you have when casting ES. this means that sometimes, it's better to delay ES so you get more from it later, and sometimes it's better to cast it before feather has stacked to full, for example, because you're about to lose a spell that would give you more AP than the remaining stacks of feather would give you.

    rule of thumb: if you're certain you're getting a spark proc in the next 7 seconds (can monitor stacks for it), or if feather is already stacking, it's fine to delay it.

    math: it does about 3X your AP (technically 6X your SP) in damage with an additional 13K. it has a 60 second CD. so it does 300% of AP + 13K every 60 seconds. expressed in DPS, that's 5% of AP + 200. so for every 5% of AP that you would gain, you can delay it for another second (within reason of course). if you have 40K AP, you can delay it for 2K AP per second. this is less than what feather gives per stack, so delaying ES until feather is stacked to max is always beneficial. spark gives 7.3K STR, or 15K AP, so ES can be delayed for 7 seconds if you are certain Spark will proc in that time. I also think that it's okay to lose a cast of ES through multiple delayings, but I don't know for sure. If someone else can do the math for this, i'd be delighted.

    edit: I keep having the idea that there's something wrong with my math, but I can't put my finger on it exactly.
    Last edited by nzall; 2013-04-21 at 06:23 PM.

  14. #2514
    High Overlord Rikhx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintpauller View Post
    so i have some questions on when best to use Execution Sentence and how long to delay it.

    how long should i delay ES to line it up with GOAK? right now im delaying it a max of ~20 seconds and only when i have 20 stacks
    how long should i delay ES to line up with Avenging Wrath? right now i delay it if AV is off CD but not if its on CD
    how long should i delay ES to line up with Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun?
    how long should i delay ES to line up with Spark of Zandalar?

    also currently i am a JC/BS and am thinking of going Engineering/BS, i currently am progressing through normal with plans to for heroic progression asap (we are still filling out raid team) in 5.2 as well as 5.3 and am trying to get the most i can out of my pally. i currently have Spark of Zandalar, Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun (both 522) so i will not be locked out of any on use trinkets. what do you all think, is it worth losing all the JC stuff and spending the gold to go Engineering? or is there a better profession to replace JC with/should i keep JC?

    thanks for the help =D
    -Paint
    Drop JC and get engi asap. Any raider that doesn't have engi, no matter what class you are, are missing out on so much it's not even funny. Just a random thing like the Goblin Glider can save you a feather use on the Ji-kun encounter if you're in a group that's up flying killing a lot of nests. Synapse spring also lines up perfectly with ES every single time so you gain the most out engi when counting the "320 stat gain" from professions.

    JC is also really bad since you want to gem haste in most sockets, JC only gives 480haste on the special ones so you're forced to go with 320 str which is a loss compared to any other profession.

  15. #2515
    This is probably a retarded question but, does GoAK and Execution Sentence take a snapshot of your stats??

  16. #2516
    Quote Originally Posted by mels View Post
    This is probably a retarded question but, does GoAK and Execution Sentence take a snapshot of your stats??
    Guardian, I believe is dynamic. But ES definitely snapshots. It's part of what make engi/feather such strong things for a ret paladin.
    Error 404: Signature not found.

  17. #2517
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Guardian, I believe is dynamic. But ES definitely snapshots. It's part of what make engi/feather such strong things for a ret paladin.
    Yes, that's correct. Light's Hammer is also dynamic, because it's technically a totem.

  18. #2518
    Guys, quick question. haven't been lucky at all with trinkets this tier but got the lfr feather, replaced it with 2/2 normal MSV trinket and now i'm not sure about the second trinket slot, Should i pick 522 VP trinket, 2/2 relic or 2/2 normal MSV trinket into the second slot. Feather is still kind of a sick so i will def keep that one over any of the trinkets i have atm, but have a dilemma about the second slot.

  19. #2519
    Field Marshal bacildaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    greece
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by kbryant8 View Post
    Guys, quick question. haven't been lucky at all with trinkets this tier but got the lfr feather, replaced it with 2/2 normal MSV trinket and now i'm not sure about the second trinket slot, Should i pick 522 VP trinket, 2/2 relic or 2/2 normal MSV trinket into the second slot. Feather is still kind of a sick so i will def keep that one over any of the trinkets i have atm, but have a dilemma about the second slot.
    If for your gear the expertise of VP trink isnt a total waste then go for it, 2/2 MSV is still good.

  20. #2520
    Quote Originally Posted by bacildaf View Post
    If for your gear the expertise of VP trink isnt a total waste then go for it, 2/2 MSV is still good.
    Umm, the gear is pretty bad compared to the gear what is out atm but still trying to work myself up there, started raiding again after few months of not doing anything.
    If it helps by statwise then armory link is here aswell. eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/outland/M%C3%A4thew/simple
    Exp cap seems okay but still not sure what to use, VP trinket or 2/2 MSV normal one. damn thoughts !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •