I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    I understand that crit (evervso slightly) is better over 500 pulls bit the thing with crit is that it doesn't give consistant damage from one pull to the next. It's the same with our 4 set, it's amazing WHEN it happens and if you compare two equal geared rets pull by pull then the numbers can be entierly different but over a full night, say 4hrs they'll be close

Question for everyone: Primordius, which buffs do you like the most?
    I think stats is the worst since the scaling is so low.
    Haste above 2 stacks (got 48% haste raidbuffed) seems to do nothing. Insane fun with 5x haste and hero though, 180% haste!
    That leaves me with 3/5 buffs to fill out. If I had the choice I'd go with 3 mastery but a co-raider made a fair point about crit scaling insanely good if you crit reliably. So, 30% to do double damage (more or less our 4set) or 30% mastery which is consistant damage. I really want to hate the crit buffs for the same reasons i gave further up but it's kinda mad when you do good tries and end up with abilities having critted 50-60% of the time!
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

When I simmed my 505 ret paladin over 50000 times, it simmed for me for the first time of mastery > crit > haste, which was the first time I had over 10000 haste. Anyone want to take a stab at that, or did I do something retarded?
    Last edited by Larthin; 2013-04-29 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Question for everyone: Primordius, which buffs do you like the most?
    I actually hope for as many stacks of crit as possible, after that mastery is my second favorite. Having 66%~76% crit chance for 2 minutes is amaaaazing.

@Larthin
    I know there are a few points, depending on your gear and current stats that that priority can happen. I'd have to see what your gear is to be 100% sure. It is a very short term "problem." Also, I would highly recommend posting images via a public resource like imgur or, at least, change your photobucket to private.

actually, is it possible to choose what stats you get from primordius? or is this just mental exhilaration over a fantasy?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge McDuck View Post
    actually, is it possible to choose what stats you get from primordius? or is this just mental exhilaration over a fantasy?
    you can't pick them, just people hoping for certain buff rng.

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbringer View Post
    you can't pick them, just people hoping for certain buff rng.
    Hoping, selling your soul, sacrificing goats... anything. Same thing with the haste/crit sword.
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

Mastery is the best buff by 10 miles on primordius for ret as for almost any other dpser tbh (due to the amount you get out of it per stack).
    WoW = Retired Main: Ret Alt(s): War , DK

Diablo3

Is Hydra-Scaled Bloodcloak http://www.wowhead.com/item=94942
    really better than
    Spikeshard Greatcloak http://www.wowhead.com/item=95114
    ?

I just got Hydra-Scale cloak tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    really better than
    ?

Yea, that gem slot. Don't enchant your cloak with hit btw.

IF you can turn all that hit on the enchant into haste, it's actually preferred. if not, use crit.

No it's because the other one has hit. No other reason. Sockets don't mean shit. Especially blue

It's this same reason why Consort 541 could be equal to Ra-den loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    Mastery is the best buff by 10 miles on primordius for ret as for almost any other dpser tbh (due to the amount you get out of it per stack).
    I'd think so also but critting on every ability (more or less) during cds is madness...

Is Hydra-Scaled Bloodcloak
    really better than
    Spikeshard Greatcloak
    ?

+80 strength
    621 haste
    508 mastery

+246 secondary stats
    549 haste (reforged from crit + gemmed 320 haste)
    344 crit
    482 exp

Would much rather have more str haste/mastery than 246 extra bad/mediocre secondary stats

really better than
    ?

Use the VP cloak...... BiS list doesn't include normal mode cmon.

Also you should match your shoulder socket.

---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 02:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Hoping, selling your soul, sacrificing goats... anything. Same thing with the haste/crit sword.
    I wasn't aware anyone gave a crap about Primoridus parsing. Infact I could care less if i got 5 stack of stats buff when it's on farm.

Lei shien heroic isn't so much a gimmic fight tho. HEY a real parsing skill fight. + The ra-den patchwerk

I'll see yall at #1 when it's on farm and everyone gets their trinkets n wpns to be on even ground. LOVING MY 522 axe WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-04-30 at 02:07 PM.

Jin'rokh, Durumu and Iron Qon are also quite nice fights with not too much RNG. Council as well to an extent as long as you can AoE and spread Censure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zardox View Post
    Jin'rokh, Durumu and Iron Qon are also quite nice fights with not too much RNG. Council as well to an extent as long as you can AoE and spread Censure.
    Are you kidding about Iron Qon ? fire/cold/lighting lines , arc lighting debuff , tornadoes and let's not forget that stupid shield. I agree about durumu and jin'rokh.

---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 04:43 PM ----------

Oh shi , so glad I looked at my armory link , I forgot to BS socket hands >.<
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Floross/simple

"...and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

I meant solely for ranking purposes, the fire and lightning spear lines don't affect your DPS at all and the reduced haste debuff can be removed with Hand of Freedom. The shield is also easily avoidable as melee. I feel worse for ranged on that boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge McDuck View Post
    IF you can turn all that hit on the enchant into haste, it's actually preferred. if not, use crit.
    Right. His armory link has him over hit cap though.

I feel that Lei Shen DPS is going to be completely dependent on how long lightning balls stay up for your raid. As it stands, I can get two Divine Storms off if I pool 5 HP before they're all dead. Magaera is sort of the same deal as I don't have enough time to pad on them (1 or 2 GCDs max) anymore now that we've gotten so much more gear compared to our earlier kills. Iron Qon is really easy/good for us if you're able to stack melee and use Rogues to dictate fire qon's flame debuff.

Hoping for a feather this week!
    Last edited by Exertim; 2013-04-30 at 10:42 PM.

if you FFA adds on Magaera (any boss really) you end up losing dps. I can burst dps 1.5m with holy avenger on Twins HC, more or less the same on Magaera. If I do that there's less for locks to hit which means less cinder procs for them, ofc on lightning balls on Lei Shen it's important that they die quick so it's basicly FFA on them but if you want to pad or look for numbers then limiting the people on them is the only way to do so.