1. #2961
    The Patient Dmchomerun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Cathedral of Light
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    Would like to get an opinion on the 516 weapons in the heroic scenario bag. Does the 3.5 speed mean anything when compared to a lower ilvl 3.6 speed? Would still think ilvl comes out ahead because of dmg but not sure if a slightly faster speed makes it less viable than a slower lower ilvl wep.
    Best way to find out is to get your stat weights and do some number crunching.

    If you need help figuring that out let me know.


    My results (Wspeed = 568.50):


    Without secondary stats:
    iLv 516 DPS: 40152.18
    iLv 502 DPS (Zerat RF): 35218.80
    Fun fact: Even adding the secondary stats (including gems) to Zerat, the DPS is still only about 41.1k DPS, about 1k better than a 516 without secondary stats added in.

    Obviously the Weapon DPS/strength differences make the difference. At least until you get a 522+, where there would be no contest.

    But, hopefully I get a 522 this next week's run so I don't have to worry about this shit.
    Last edited by Dmchomerun; 2013-05-20 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Update with my results/typo.
    Exorcising Undead in the name of the Silver Hand!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...homerun/simple

  2. #2962
    So who else is stoked for tomorrow?! And Anaxie btw, I'm expecting mod on your stream haha.

    See you guys on the other side of 5.3.

  3. #2963
    Can't wait to see a 541 weapon drop (shitty or not) and lose the roll to someone already using a 535 when I'm using a 522. Story of my life lol

  4. #2964
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredz View Post
    Can't wait to see a 541 weapon drop (shitty or not) and lose the roll to someone already using a 535 when I'm using a 522. Story of my life lol
    At least your first (im not entirely sure ) 535 heroic Bo-Ris didn't go to a blood dk

  5. #2965
    Quote Originally Posted by idpsutank View Post
    At least your first (im not entirely sure ) 535 heroic Bo-Ris didn't go to a blood dk
    We got 3 of those so far, 2 to the same DK and another to another DK. All from coins. We're probably the unluckiest guild in the World for plate DPS weapons. And I think it's funny you say that about the Bo-Ris going to a blood DK, our blood DK dissapeared after all our DPS DK's coined one lol

  6. #2966
    We haven't seen one (Heroic or even normal) yet. (Tempest-bleeding hollow) sucks man.

  7. #2967
    I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    5,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredz View Post
    We got 3 of those so far, 2 to the same DK and another to another DK. All from coins. We're probably the unluckiest guild in the World for plate DPS weapons. And I think it's funny you say that about the Bo-Ris going to a blood DK, our blood DK dissapeared after all our DPS DK's coined one lol
    my guild (11/13hc 25m) 0 heroic 2h str weps. 1 535 council sword from coin.
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

    Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

  8. #2968
    Keyboard Turner Frootz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    my guild (11/13hc 25m) 0 heroic 2h str weps. 1 535 council sword from coin.
    Pretty much the same here. 0 heroic 2h str weps except for our DK tank who has coined Council wep twice in consecutive weeks. Meanwhile warriors and dw frost DK's are raking in the heroic thunderforge 1handers. Was hoping for a heroic wep before 5.3. Guess not.

  9. #2969
    Stood in the Fire Orochiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    451
    I just got ilvl 522 Greatsword of Frozen Hells and I'm not sure whether I should use it instead of my current ilvl 528 Zerat, Malakk's Soulburning Greatsword. Is the extra weapon DPS gained from higher ilvl so good that it greatly outweighs the fact that the other sword has much better secondary stats and socket color (and I have excess hit now when using Zerat)? I've never seriously played a melee DPS class before so I would like to get some advice and I hope this is the right thread to post this question...

  10. #2970
    you should equip zerat and upgrade it tomorow

  11. #2971
    The Patient Prometheous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    243
    Is anyone else bothered by the fact they removed our t11 prot guardian, but warriors still have their shout from the 2pc from firelands?

    <Revive> 14/14H - Stormreaver
    Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday

  12. #2972
    not especially, I was tired of swapping gear and having it waste bag space!

    On another note, gd i'm parsing like a monster right now. And managed to snag a H TF BoRis and H Jikun's today. victory.

  13. #2973
    Legendary! anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,455
    Lei Shen dead. Few rank 1s rolling in. pretty good night. 170k on shen with mostly offhealing and HoJin at end.

    Enhance is pretty broken atm.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=15534&e=16164
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10419&e=10739 R1 Animus
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=12767&e=13301 Consorts nearly 190k with melee running out with only last one alive since half ranged died.

    Rets pretty solid now. see how ra-den single target burn looks tommorow.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 04:23 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheous View Post
    Is anyone else bothered by the fact they removed our t11 prot guardian, but warriors still have their shout from the 2pc from firelands?
    No because rogues and enhance shamans had broken swap sets that got fixed too. Warrior was likely oversight.

  14. #2974
    The Patient Prometheous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Lei Shen dead. Few rank 1s rolling in. pretty good night. 170k on shen with mostly offhealing and HoJin at end.

    Enhance is pretty broken atm.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=15534&e=16164
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10419&e=10739 R1 Animus
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=12767&e=13301 Consorts nearly 190k with melee running out with only last one alive since half ranged died.

    Rets pretty solid now. see how ra-den single target burn looks tommorow.
    I like the place we're in now, I just think that it's rather rough getting to the point where you keep up. Without having heroic weapons or the proper trinkets we're rather far behind. I just find it silly to get a top 50 rank and still be the middle on meters.

    <Revive> 14/14H - Stormreaver
    Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday

  15. #2975
    Does anyone know if mass exorcism will hit the adds if you cast it on the heads on Megaera? We typically bring the wyrms into melee. Or do you need to be targetting them to get the aoe effect?
    Last edited by Calimon-ZJ; 2013-05-22 at 04:25 PM.

  16. #2976
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredz View Post
    We got 3 of those so far, 2 to the same DK and another to another DK. All from coins. We're probably the unluckiest guild in the World for plate DPS weapons. And I think it's funny you say that about the Bo-Ris going to a blood DK, our blood DK dissapeared after all our DPS DK's coined one lol
    haha yeah we have seen 2 normal Lei shen axes and a Heroic Bo-Ris and a coined council wep where the dk that got said, ewww not this PoS lol. I would say its a mal'ganis curse but other people in the thread say they got crappy luck (huntingbear). Blizz lets not make the next raid tier have 2 Shared boss loot weps and then 1 wep off end boss for 2h melee dps pleeease.

  17. #2977
    Quote Originally Posted by idpsutank View Post
    At least your first (im not entirely sure ) 535 heroic Bo-Ris didn't go to a blood dk
    Why? It is BiS for blood.

  18. #2978
    I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    5,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Why? It is BiS for blood.
    Weapons should ALWAYS go to dps first!
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

    Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

  19. #2979
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Weapons should ALWAYS go to dps first!
    correction: ANY item should ALWAYS go to the person who gets the biggest upgrade from it, unless you got a very good reason to give it to someone else, like a reward for exceptional performance. Bo-Ris is the only item with no wasted stats for a blood DK, who will usually upgrade from any other weapon. all other 2H have crit, which is by definition wasted on a blood DK. by contrast, a ret paladin has use for every DPS stat on a DPS 2H and will have a relatively smaller upgrade.

  20. #2980
    DPS overall seemed much better, I was about 4-5-9 on most fights but it probably doesn't help me that I use a shit 522 while almost everyone else got a heroic thunderforged 2/2 lol

    I can def say this buff was much needed, and I look forward to more buffs/class change.

    Now I just need to be able to bring my ret over my lock on Lei Shen and I'm all set

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •