1. #3901
    Legendary! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    6,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawkeeper View Post
    Can anyone who tried Lei shen HC with DP(if theres anyone) tell me if its better then SW?i guess DP could be better if u are lucky with procs but i wanna hear smone who tried it...thanks
    P3 is where you need the dps anyways (which is also where you use heroism and second pot) which makes SW much, much better.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

  2. #3902
    Ye SW is better for Ph3 but i guess DP could be much better if the RNG is on ur side even in ph3 which is pretty short...

  3. #3903
    Does your crit trinket work at ptr lfr? Mine procs cruelty but no crit is gained.

  4. #3904
    Legendary! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    6,620
    Trinkets are being worked on, expect changes next build
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

  5. #3905
    Still in search of some tips for Heroic Lei Shen. Anyone?

  6. #3906
    Legendary! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    6,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanyn View Post
    Still in search of some tips for Heroic Lei Shen. Anyone?
    for ball lightings always have 15 seconds of inq and 5 holy power before they spawn, if possible. That means you'll clip Inq as well as sometimes not using holy power when you got 5/5.
    Use the sprint talent to keep up with boss movement and running around in the mini phases.

    that's about it.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

  7. #3907
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    for ball lightings always have 15 seconds of inq and 5 holy power before they spawn, if possible. That means you'll clip Inq as well as sometimes not using holy power when you got 5/5.
    Use the sprint talent to keep up with boss movement and running around in the mini phases.

    that's about it.
    Ok. I already do these. Thanks though.

    Anyone try a Mastery reforge for this instead of Haste? I tried for a little bit but it seemed like my single target DPS suffered more than it helped my AoE DPS.

  8. #3908
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanyn View Post
    Ok. I already do these. Thanks though.

    Anyone try a Mastery reforge for this instead of Haste? I tried for a little bit but it seemed like my single target DPS suffered more than it helped my AoE DPS.
    Solsacra has. If you're going for a first kill I would suggest a haste build. Ret is usually top 3 on boss damage.

  9. #3909
    So havent seen any discussion about this, but montoyal in elitistjerks played with sim (anafielle also tested this, dont know why this havent been said by him) and came conclusion, that moving from "standard" Exo > CS > J to CS > J > Exo should provide a 2k increase in patchwerk situation. I dont want to copy other peoples theorys and calculations but wanted hear what people here like the idea?

  10. #3910
    Quote Originally Posted by konne View Post
    So havent seen any discussion about this, but montoyal in elitistjerks played with sim (anafielle also tested this, dont know why this havent been said by him) and came conclusion, that moving from "standard" Exo > CS > J to CS > J > Exo should provide a 2k increase in patchwerk situation. I dont want to copy other peoples theorys and calculations but wanted hear what people here like the idea?
    Not with the t15 2pce. Never. Not to mention a 2k dps increase in a simmed patchwork fight means pretty much nothing. You'll never have a situation like that on a real boss with latency, etc.

  11. #3911
    That was something I wondered also, but sim still shows positive for that and after we lose t15 2pc that could be the thing

  12. #3912
    Both SimulationCraft and Exemplar's spreadsheet agree that it is a DPS increase, even with 2 piece T15. Can both be wrong?
    For reference, here is Exemplar's explanation on the topic: http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t130889-...0/#post2315105

    As can be read in the few post following it, this only applies to single target since our AoE rotation has far more holy damage.

  13. #3913
    Can't wait to see what the legendary is

  14. #3914
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeIrish View Post
    Can't wait to see what the legendary is
    I don't know if you're serious or if you're just a spambot, but the Legendary has been datamined for a few PTR builds now.

    Gong-Lu, Strength of Xuen
    Currently only reading the Funny Pictures Megathread because the rest of the forums is filled with piss, whiners and pissed whiners.

  15. #3915
    Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    I don't know if you're serious or if you're just a spambot, but the Legendary has been datamined for a few PTR builds now.

    Gong-Lu, Strength of Xuen
    Or he's just not up to date with the news. No need to be rude.

  16. #3916
    I actually have Mining and JC as professions. I'm looking to drop JC for another profession. Somebody told me Engineering is gonna be shit in 5.4, is this true? Or can I drop JC and lvl engineering? or is BS better?

    Halp.
    Last edited by Colmadero; 2013-07-23 at 09:46 PM.

  17. #3917
    Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    I actually have Mining and JC as professions. I'm looking to drop JC for another profession. Somebody told me Engineering is gonna be shit in 5.4, is this true? Or can I drop JC and lvl engineering? or is BS better?

    Halp.
    Drop them both for Engineering/blacksmithing. Mining is beyond useless.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

  18. #3918
    The Patient Dmchomerun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Cathedral of Light
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    I actually have Mining and JC as professions. I'm looking to drop JC for another profession. Somebody told me Engineering is gonna be shit in 5.4, is this true? Or can I drop JC and lvl engineering? or is BS better?

    Halp.
    If you were to drop one of the two, it would have to be mining just out of the sheer bonuses you get from mining compared to jewelcrafting. Engineering is from what I understand the best profession for (at least) PvE. Blacksmithing is also a very solid choice. But yes, unfortunately there really isn't a gathering profession that is great for Ret, other than Skinning which is easily beat out by miles by BS/Engr/JC.
    Exorcising Undead in the name of the Silver Hand!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...homerun/simple

  19. #3919
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmchomerun View Post
    If you were to drop one of the two, it would have to be mining just out of the sheer bonuses you get from mining compared to jewelcrafting. Engineering is from what I understand the best profession for (at least) PvE. Blacksmithing is also a very solid choice. But yes, unfortunately there really isn't a gathering profession that is great for Ret, other than Skinning which is easily beat out by miles by BS/Engr/JC.
    Say I were to drop JC, which one would you recommend? Eng or BS? I don't want to drop mining yet as I don't have a gathering alt and I'm kind of poor to lvl with the AH

  20. #3920
    Epic! marinos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Light's Hope Chapel
    Posts
    1,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    Say I were to drop JC, which one would you recommend? Eng or BS? I don't want to drop mining yet as I don't have a gathering alt and I'm kind of poor to lvl with the AH
    Since you have mining atm,why dont you spend some days to farm the mats for both BS and Engi seeing that buying them from AH isnt an option.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •