High Overlord
    So I've been trying to get Talisman for weeks now, we had a TF one drop last week, but some dick raider who already had normal version went batshit crazy with their unspent DKP for an 6ilvl upgrade. While doing LFR for Valor, I managed to get the 502 version, given that my Spark is only the normal non-TF version, is it worth dropping for the LFR Talisman, at least until I can get a normal or better one? Or is it not worth it with the vast difference in ilvl?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained

I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Like I said above, the difference isn't going to be overwhelming. If you feel that your spark procs at bad times in fights (like lei shen) try using Talisman instead.
    Talisman provides a higher sustained dps (on average) and Spark (if you get it to line up) provides more burst.
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Like I said above, the difference isn't going to be overwhelming. If you feel that your spark procs at bad times in fights (like lei shen) try using Talisman instead.
    Talisman provides a higher sustained dps (on average) and Spark (if you get it to line up) provides more burst.
    OK, thanks. If thats the case, I'll just rock with both and chop and change depending.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained

Quote Originally Posted by mels View Post
    Do we have a haste cap or a point where mastery/crit become more relevant than haste to our spec?
    To give you a big more exact numbers (also they haven't been posted so I figured I would),

Without the trinket for next tier to reach 50% haste (and a 1 second GCD), you would need 21250 haste. Next tier with the 14% trinket (assuming the percentage doesn't increase with item levels, which it probably will and we'll need to redo this part), you would need 18640.35 haste, which I'd probably just round up to 18641.

Which would be the next best trinket right after the flat haste amplifier? CD reducer or STR with Crit stacking?
    Quote Originally Posted by themightysven View Post
    don't forget he who Sargeras fears: Milhouse Manastorm. (Stonecore was merely a setback)
    My armory

At the moment, the Crit stacking one is ridiculously OP, but everyone's expecting a nerf.

I don't see how 23,500 crit for 15 seconds (considering it should take you around 5 seconds to build up all the hits) is OP in anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by themightysven View Post
    don't forget he who Sargeras fears: Milhouse Manastorm. (Stonecore was merely a setback)
    My armory

Untill the stacking crit trinket gets nerfed consider it mandetory, you can't go without it.
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

Can anyone who tried Lei shen HC with DP(if theres anyone) tell me if its better then SW?i guess DP could be better if u are lucky with procs but i wanna hear smone who tried it...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lawkeeper View Post
    Can anyone who tried Lei shen HC with DP(if theres anyone) tell me if its better then SW?i guess DP could be better if u are lucky with procs but i wanna hear smone who tried it...thanks
    P3 is where you need the dps anyways (which is also where you use heroism and second pot) which makes SW much, much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawkeeper View Post

Sanctified Wrath overall lei shen dmg: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-f2...?s=3803&e=4420

Divine Purpose overall lei shen dmg: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-f8...=15815&e=16438

Keep in mind we have to stop dpsing during P2 to not have a shitty transition, so numbers are screwed (I don't ever get 2nd wings during P2 because we push him too fast)

However, P3 damage:

Sanctified Wrath: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-f2...?s=4252&e=4422

Divine Purpose: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-f8...=16265&e=16439

I did a sanctified wrath run this week, will re-do a divine purpose one on wednesday

Ye SW is better for Ph3 but i guess DP could be much better if the RNG is on ur side even in ph3 which is pretty short...

Does your crit trinket work at ptr lfr? Mine procs cruelty but no crit is gained.

Trinkets are being worked on, expect changes next build

Still in search of some tips for Heroic Lei Shen. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanyn View Post
    Still in search of some tips for Heroic Lei Shen. Anyone?
    for ball lightings always have 15 seconds of inq and 5 holy power before they spawn, if possible. That means you'll clip Inq as well as sometimes not using holy power when you got 5/5.
    Use the sprint talent to keep up with boss movement and running around in the mini phases.

that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    for ball lightings always have 15 seconds of inq and 5 holy power before they spawn, if possible. That means you'll clip Inq as well as sometimes not using holy power when you got 5/5.
    Use the sprint talent to keep up with boss movement and running around in the mini phases.

that's about it.
    Ok. I already do these. Thanks though.

Anyone try a Mastery reforge for this instead of Haste? I tried for a little bit but it seemed like my single target DPS suffered more than it helped my AoE DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanyn View Post
    Ok. I already do these. Thanks though.

Anyone try a Mastery reforge for this instead of Haste? I tried for a little bit but it seemed like my single target DPS suffered more than it helped my AoE DPS.
    Solsacra has. If you're going for a first kill I would suggest a haste build. Ret is usually top 3 on boss damage.

Sha of Fear Melee hit You 372908 Physical. (766625 Overkill) (Critical)
    Begging us to buff is sometimes easier than trying to beat the boss.(Source)

So havent seen any discussion about this, but montoyal in elitistjerks played with sim (anafielle also tested this, dont know why this havent been said by him) and came conclusion, that moving from "standard" Exo > CS > J to CS > J > Exo should provide a 2k increase in patchwerk situation. I dont want to copy other peoples theorys and calculations but wanted hear what people here like the idea?

Quote Originally Posted by konne View Post
    So havent seen any discussion about this, but montoyal in elitistjerks played with sim (anafielle also tested this, dont know why this havent been said by him) and came conclusion, that moving from "standard" Exo > CS > J to CS > J > Exo should provide a 2k increase in patchwerk situation. I dont want to copy other peoples theorys and calculations but wanted hear what people here like the idea?
    Not with the t15 2pce. Never. Not to mention a 2k dps increase in a simmed patchwork fight means pretty much nothing. You'll never have a situation like that on a real boss with latency, etc.

Sha of Fear Melee hit You 372908 Physical. (766625 Overkill) (Critical)
    Begging us to buff is sometimes easier than trying to beat the boss.(Source)