Quote Originally Posted by Nubstyle View Post
    Without sounds like too much of an idiot, where would I need to go to sim my stats? I'm getting close to that 9k haste point, and wanted to see exactly when I need to start gemming str. And I'm also trying to figure out which weapon to use, the fully upgraded LFR Shin'ka with the gem (not the extra slot yet) or fully upgraded Starshatter.
    Heroic Starshatter until you get the extra gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Heroic Starshatter until you get the extra gem.
    It's just normal for now, although from what I've heard, Elegon ain't too much different on Heroic, seeing as my group's able to 1 shot him now. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubstyle View Post
    It's just normal for now, although from what I've heard, Elegon ain't too much different on Heroic, seeing as my group's able to 1 shot him now. Thanks.
    Ohh you said LFR Shin'ka. normal Starshatter then.

High Overlord
    With the numbers they're talking about, it would need to have at LEAST a 60% proc rate and that's only bringing us basically up to par with others on set bonuses on single target. It's much worse in an AOE situation, so balancing that out, it would have to be at least 75% proc chance, which sounds ridiculous if you ask me.
    I mean in terms of the "bonus damage", or whatever it is. I heard its some lightning bolt or something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by Saferis View Post
    I mean in terms of the "bonus damage", or whatever it is. I heard its some lightning bolt or something similar?
    Yeah it's a lightning bolt that does nature damage and apparently it'll be close to a full Templar's Verdict of damage, but even so, the proc rate needs to be a ridiculous number for that to be the case. I highly doubt they're sticking with this iteration.

Yeah it's a lightning bolt that does nature damage and apparently it'll be close to a full Templar's Verdict of damage, but even so, the proc rate needs to be a ridiculous number for that to be the case. I highly doubt they're sticking with this iteration.
    So you'll be "forced" to use an AoE finisher even in single target situations. I thought they were done with this from the change WotLK -> Cataclysm.

I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Updates to T15 4set bonus today further prooves that blizzard has no real answer for where they want retribution paladins (or warriors if you read between the lines) to be in the world of dps. T15 4set suggests that they want to make Divine Storm (and whirlwind for warriors) a core ability again much like they were in WotLK, still think the current bonus is very clunky thought up though...

Crusader strike can proc a buff to divine storm making divine storm act like a TV + DS combined, so in AoE situations you would think that crusader strike is going to be better for dps. But then again Hammer of the Righteouss hits so many and with the exorcism T15 2set it might be worth using instead. Blizzard said they wanted retribution to be the single target turret (pretty much) like arcane mages are, but theese set bonuses is going to change so much for rets. From stat priorities -> single target rotation -> aoe rotation -> buff uptime management.

How can they possibly imagine that any "average" player is going to deal with all this? Afterall it's the masses they have to balance a lot around, not the top 2%.

I'm worried.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 09:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SirRaven View Post
    So you'll be "forced" to use an AoE finisher even in single target situations. I thought they were done with this from the change WotLK -> Cataclysm.
    As the T15 4set reads now:
    Proc 4set bonus = a templars verdict + divine storm in one gcd. Not clear how (if) our mastery will interact with this, if they change the proc "lightning bolt" to a "holy bolt" so it takes bonuses from 2set T15 and Inquisition it's looking alot better, which I honestly think is a logical way to go.
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Updates to T15 4set bonus today further prooves that blizzard has no real answer for where they want retribution paladins
    And GC says "they're where we want them" as a punch-line for every class/spec, for that matter. It's hilarious and untrustworthy with every expansion bringing class/specs reworks..

I, for one, try to get calmer and calmer about these changes. At least one of my ideas from beginning of Cata (Divine Storm as an AoE finisher) came to fruit in MoP.

Quick question for Mel Jarrak HM.
    Is it better to pull with Seal of the righteous, switch to SoT when adds are at 2% to 5stack Meljarrak right before burst, or stick with SoT the entire fight and multi-censure the whole fight ?

Besides, I use a /focus for my Mender to rebuke, so, I can't /focus Mel jarrak too in order to macro my 2nd Judgment to him. is /cast [@boss1, mod:shift, exists, nodead] judgement a possible solution ?

Thanks for your input on this

Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    Quick question for Mel Jarrak HM.
    Is it better to pull with Seal of the righteous, switch to SoT when adds are at 2% to 5stack Meljarrak right before burst, or stick with SoT the entire fight and multi-censure the whole fight ?

Besides, I use a /focus for my Mender to rebuke, so, I can't /focus Mel jarrak too in order to macro my 2nd Judgment to him. is /cast [@boss1, mod:shift, exists, nodead] judgement a possible solution ?

Thanks for your input on this
    If you really want to minmax damage on that fight you have to have Censure on 4 targets. One on your main target, two on alternating judgment mouseovers and another on HOTR mouseover. It's not easy to do though.

If you really want to minmax damage on that fight you have to have Censure on 4 targets. One on your main target, two on alternating judgment mouseovers and another on HOTR mouseover. It's not easy to do though.
    Yeah, 4targets is a pretty high objective. I intend to choose between SoR/SoT OR SoT all the way by keeping censure on primary+Mel.
    Is @boss1 the good argument here to target Mel Jarrak ? I should have been more precise maybe, but that really is my key point here

(Mouseover is really annoying, it resembles mouseclicking too much for my tastes :/ )

EDIT : nevermind I tried the macro on LFR and works like a charm! so if anyone need it, feel free to use it
    Last edited by metasaigneur; 2013-01-16 at 05:14 PM.

Need to see the Coif on this "lightning bolt" we will be procing.

I think compared to the killing machine set bonus change we got boned.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-01-16 at 10:37 PM.

Eh and yet they just expect us to continue to roll over and take the changes. God forbid we complain about something.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...75?page=24#472

Please address the poor change that is the 4Set T15 bonus here in mass.

If this doesn't get changed, be prepared to upgrade and keep T14H for the entirety of ToT.

Lets count why DS is a horseshit spell to put the 4 set on shall we?

1. No seal procs
    2. The hand of light damage is crap
    3. Shit can't break that CC guess I just lost my set bonus unless tank moves

This is a disgrace and spit in the face to the spec.
    For Divine Storm, several years ago, we got on this kick that thou shalt not use AE in single target fights. Ret paladins (Divine Storm) and warriors (Whirlwind) were particularly affected (and perhaps bummed out by it). The game has changed a lot since that time and now we have cleaving Arcane Barrage and core abilities like Howling Blast. We think the Ret toolkit is in a better place with separate single-target and AE finishers, but we get requests all the time to make Divine Storm more prominent. This set bonus is one way to do that.
    If they claim oh ya so AoE single target is ok now then retract your damn ideas and take Storm of the HP Finisher and do 6/8/10 whatever the fuck cooldown on it.

The 4 set "lightning bolt" doesn't even synergize with our 2 set which the whole point is to track and roll the holy damage that we won't even be doing now. The 2 bonus got nuked along with this change. Meanwhile DKS are going to get more broken ass KM procs for their Oblit spam while they rofl howling blast the shit out of everything.

Why should every class get passive wonderful damage set bonus's OR PETS and we get procs? What the hell?
    Get this shit fixed I'm sick of taking it. Post today

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 12:36 AM ----------

2Pce : Casting Inquisiton bathes you in holy light causing targets around you to take 6% additonal holy damage.

4pce CS / HoTR has a 50% chance to cause your TV / DS do deal an additional 100% weapon damage as Holy Damage to the primary target.

2 set allows greatly needed sustained dps and aoe dps and is a passive which i feel is important for tiers sets. Both should not be active effects you must track or things get far to clunky for the average player or even the world class player.

4 set allows the exact same damage to the boss if you choose to aoe or TV so you do not have to be afraid of breaking CC when AOE is not an option and when AOE is needed you can still get the benefit of the set bonus on a single target.
    I posted this in the set bonus thread. if you agree with ATLEAST the 4 set please spam the hell out of the PTR set bonus thread linked above.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-01-16 at 11:28 PM.

I had a question, just got normal Darkmist Vortex, so now my trinkets are that and the Relic of Xuen. I was wondering if I should be upgrading my trinkets or tier gear right now? Not sure the priority on upgrading gear is.

Try this website Fiddle :

http://wowupgrade.com

You can put custom stat weights too.

Though what I've been doing is upgrading my heroic pieces.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Floross/simple

"...and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

In the 5.2 PTR patch notes:

The tier-14 2-piece set bonus now causes Crusader Strike and Hammer of Wrath to have a 40% chance to make the Paladin’s next Divine Storm deal a Lightning Strike for 255% weapon damage as Nature.
    So if they're changing T14 2pc to this instead of making it T15 4pc...what will the T15 4pc be?

I can't post links till I post a few more times, but it's in the blue tracker on this site.

"Retribution now does 50% extra healing with Flash Heal. The Selfless Healer talent has been reduced to 20/40/60% bonus healing." Hello priest spell?

"The tier-14 2-piece set bonus now causes Crusader Strike and Hammer of Wrath to have a 40% chance to make the Paladin’s next Divine Storm deal a Lightning Strike for 255% weapon damage as Nature."

Ok now we have complete evidence that blues are smoking some real good shit and know alot about the game.
    WoW = Retired Main: Ret Alt(s): War , DK

Diablo3

Quote Originally Posted by Floross View Post
    Try this website Fiddle :

http://wowupgrade.com

You can put custom stat weights too.

Though what I've been doing is upgrading my heroic pieces.
    Cool thanks. I'm saving my points for heroic pieces, unless I'm near max valor.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    I had a question, just got normal Darkmist Vortex, so now my trinkets are that and the Relic of Xuen. I was wondering if I should be upgrading my trinkets or tier gear right now? Not sure the priority on upgrading gear is.
    Upgrade Relic of Xuen and keep it. Replace Darkmist Vortex with Lei Shin's Final Orders when you get it. The only time you should replace Relic of Xuen is when you get heroic Darkmist Vortex.