Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I wish Divine storm could proc lightning bolts now.
    Oh, oh, and we also have Glyph of Fire From the Heavens. More lightning and fire bolts, I say, I've always liked the BOOM effect Moonfire has..

Meh after screwing around abit with sims and looking at dps gains of various stats and various top performing specs currently vs ret: Don't think any kind of op/gimmicky set bonus even if 10% flat out dmg increase will be enough to stay on par with em next tier.

I'd like to see class changes that help it last not some dumbass bonuses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    Really? I always thought normal Darkmist Vortex was better then Relic of Xuen.
    According to the trinket thread they're in the same ballpark. However, Relic and Lei shin's synergise awesomely. Here's an example from Elegon: http://i.imgur.com/YXoXt.png

255% weapon daamge lightning bolt is ALOT considering 275% TV + 35% armor
    Add the 100% holy DS that WILL benefit from the 2set and inqu.

I retract my posts. Excellent set again.
    Either the proc rate needs to be increased or the damage needs to be increased. It's not a bad set, but it requires some tuning.

Just make the proc lightning bolt a "Holy Bolt" so it is somewhat logical.
    We're not bloody shamans.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Just make the proc lightning bolt a "Holy Bolt" so it is somewhat logical.
    We're not bloody shamans.
    ... but we are fighting the Thunder King. The idea didn't come from nowhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    So we fight lightning with lightning?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRaven View Post
    So we fight lightning with lightning?
    Makes sense. Our Firelands tier set did fire damage.

true. still doesn't make sense
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Either the proc rate needs to be increased or the damage needs to be increased. It's not a bad set, but it requires some tuning.
    It is a great set now that people have finally done some research, and I agree. It definitely needs to be tuned to suit, for the most part at this current time it isn't that great.

Well we're back to the original 4 set. Now all we need is a 5-10% 2h damage increase and we're set!

Holy crap.... our voices were heard?
    Huzzah! mastery scaling is back on the table!

Holy TV should scale better from the lightning bolt storm single target through the immense hit dipping into mastery and the exorcism debuff. It sucks to not have single target cleave like dks but hopfully with this change in attitude from developers we may eventually see a 25% weapon damage bump on Dstorm or massive rightiousness buff.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 10:36 PM ----------

GC responded to my plea to remove our T11 protection prepull and the potential T14 in T15 gimmic
    Myself and many many many rets would be happy to just have these gimmics gone. Please?

We agree that it feels dumb and mandatory. We don't have a global solution to swapping set bonuses pre-pull, but we are trying to implement one. In the meantime, we have a list of specific set bonuses (including the two you mentioned) to discourage for pre-pull.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 10:48 PM ----------

So the items will be rolling out on PTR soon would everyone prefer a new thread or a name change to this one and new OP with a link to the page where the new tier begins?

I feel this thread is large enough to were it would draw attention far more then if i had a new 1 page thread. OP would be cleaner then this one because this tier with 5mans MSV and the Hof/Terrence gearsets made everything a mess to go over. nevermind the VP + system making an appearance far earlier then expected.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-01-17 at 10:50 PM.

Holy crap.... our voices were heard?
    Huzzah! mastery scaling is back on the table!

Holy TV should scale better from the lightning bolt storm single target through the immense hit dipping into mastery and the exorcism debuff. It sucks to not have single target cleave like dks but hopfully with this change in attitude from developers we may eventually see a 25% weapon damage bump on Dstorm or massive rightiousness buff.
    We're still never going to do nearly as good as Fury Warriors. They just got another buff in the form of 50% more effect from haste on gear. "Fury really needed another buff, hyuck!" Sigh.

GC responded to my plea to remove our T11 protection prepull and the potential T14 in T15 gimmic
    Well I did also mention it a couple pages back. It IS stupid to have to use them and I'm glad they're trying to fix that at least, but I'd rather them actually balance PvE DPS better.

So the items will be rolling out on PTR soon would everyone prefer a new thread or a name change to this one and new OP with a link to the page where the new tier begins?

I feel this thread is large enough to were it would draw attention far more then if i had a new 1 page thread. OP would be cleaner then this one because this tier with 5mans MSV and the Hof/Terrence gearsets made everything a mess to go over. nevermind the VP + system making an appearance far earlier then expected.
    It's the start of the PTR for the new raid tier, so it's probably a good idea to get a new thread going.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So this "lightning strike" hits which target in an AoE situation? The one you have targetted? What if you have nothing targeted... Curious as to how that works

So glad they reverted it, the holy TV seems like it would be a lot more fun.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...740975?page=32

I lol'd so hard. One guy even said I cited simulationcraft... that's just baffling.

I don't think it would matter too much, I would just stick with the same thread for simplicity purposes.

Also <3 manora.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVelasius View Post
    The thread is fine as is, the only "problem" is that the OP is a bit of a messy mess, but can be fixed easily. Also, I didn't intentionally try to look like an idiot when the initial Ret T15 tier bonuses came out. My reactions were that of the immediate, and not something thought out and looked at properly, so my apologies on that. Please start popping up all over WoL, the Rets need their champion. My guild only runs one Ret, so I'm a lonely bird. Also, congrats on the heroic Shinka. Still stuck with 502 Skillshatter. >_>'
    Anaxie's name was on top of World of Logs.. in DS. XMFD That aside, ferals were down by ret on Simcraft and supposedly it was because their rotation on it was messed up, ours is pretty much 100% accurate and we are that low. We are barely hanging on a thread at the moment. Only skill/RNG/raid comp keep us at the middle of the pack. Granted we only need a 5% buff or so but how Blizzard let other specs get 10-20 sometimes 30% higher than others is just insane. They are getting nerfs but still.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodrogue View Post
    Anaxie's name was on top of World of Logs.. in DS. XMFD That aside, ferals were down by ret on Simcraft and supposedly it was because their rotation on it was messed up, ours is pretty much 100% accurate and we are that low. We are barely hanging on a thread at the moment. Only skill/RNG/raid comp keep us at the middle of the pack. Granted we only need a 5% buff or so but how Blizzard let other specs get 10-20 sometimes 30% higher than others is just insane. They are getting nerfs but still.
    I don't think they're doing number balancing yet. Too early in the PTR. We just need to make sure they're aware of the numbers and the offenders.

What's the point of having a supposedly insanely good 4pc bonus when without it I'll be doing low dps compared to others o.O ? Not all rets have easy fast access to 4pc.