1. #1661
    I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    5,192
    Well from T15 PTR seal swapping is going to be mandetory, atleast for heroic... Normal shouldn't matter much since other spec cleave pretty hard but on heroic everyone have to cleave somewhat in order for shit to go down before they cause issues.
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

    Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

  2. #1662
    Stood in the Fire Useful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    415
    greetings fellow Ret pallies! I have not been able to find "Rate the ret above oyu" thread so I hope noone minds if I post here. I started playing about a month ago and here is my ret cow
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/ru/characte...D0%B0/advanced

    I didnt get into any raid grp so far and run only LFRs, preparing for 5.2. My question: Is 60-70 k dps good for this gear and how long into 5.2 will it take me to get a slot in a raid and be effective?

  3. #1663
    Quote Originally Posted by Useful View Post
    greetings fellow Ret pallies! I have not been able to find "Rate the ret above oyu" thread so I hope noone minds if I post here. I started playing about a month ago and here is my ret cow
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/ru/characte...D0%B0/advanced

    I didnt get into any raid grp so far and run only LFRs, preparing for 5.2. My question: Is 60-70 k dps good for this gear and how long into 5.2 will it take me to get a slot in a raid and be effective?
    1. I can't read Russian.
    2. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...highlight=rate
    3. 60-70k is OK for some fights. Horrible on others. It all depends.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 07:04 PM ----------

    I really wouldn't mind seal twisting except for the GCD issue. Makes it kind of hard to judge if it's worth it or not to waste the 2 GCDs for the amount of time you're going to get to damage the adds.

    Brainstorm:
    Would be kind of nice if DS refreshed Censure. Then even without changing seals back to SoT we could keep up stacks in an AoE situation.

    Maybe a glyph that lets SoR refresh Censure?

    Honestly, I'd prefer if they just removed SoR and gave us some other ability to AoE with.
    Last edited by Tanyn; 2013-03-01 at 07:05 PM.

  4. #1664
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilanti View Post
    Seal twisting is almost non existent, and to whatever extent of it exists today brings some of the challenge on choice of seal correlating to dps, removing that would just make this class stupid. But then again various arguements could me made for taking seals off the gcd or leaving it as is.

    Also in anticipation for 5.2 I will be putting together a Weak Auras thread that will encompass ICD, Proc, Ability Cooldowns, Boss Mechanics to some degree, A Holy Power tracking bar that may or may not include sound ques, and some other raiding essentials, as well as an FAQ on UI if anyone wants that. Anaxie has convinced me to come out of my shell and be more helpful ~.~
    Sounds like that could be an INCREDIBLE resource for people who aren't too familiar with the Weak Auras addon. Seeing how much the default UI sucks for tracking holy power/inquisition while still looking at your character, WA is basically mandatory for me now haha

  5. #1665
    I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    5,192
    On ptr now.
    The Horridon Trinket http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=96398

    Procs every 1-15seconds.
    Buff stacks to 10 and lasts 1 minute per application.
    Upon 10 stacks you get the STR bonus and get turned into a troll.
    No ICD on trinket after it's reached 10 stacks / turned you.
    It's not a trinket you activate when 10 stacks are reached, it turns you instantly.

    Overall this trinket is going to be good on bosses where you don't need specific burst, so Magaera, Horridon, the big eye fucker with flashlight mechanic should be good fights for this trinket. I wouldn't put all my energy into getting it but it should be the strongest trinket for any patchwerk style (or relativly close to one) It also drops really early this tier and should easily find itself in our bags in a couple kills. Took me ~50seconds to 100 seconds to get up 10 stacks 8k strenght is really huge, we prob should monitor the stack numbers and Execution Sentence and try to use them at the same time, prob even with engineering gloves as the trinket doesn't lock out the tinker and vice versa.
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

    Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

  6. #1666
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Took me ~50seconds to 100 seconds to get up 10 stacks
    Isn't it a whole lot of time compared to Eye of Unmaking? I know that wasn't an 8k buff, but still. :/
    Last edited by SirRaven; 2013-03-03 at 08:11 AM.

  7. #1667
    I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    5,192
    well if you take away the fact that it hasn't got any ICD after it's reached 10 stacks it's not too bad. Also if you're lucky you can get it really quickly and it scales with haste (faster hits) so idk. I'd compare it with apperatus from Firelands except it has no ICDs.
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

    Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

  8. #1668
    The Patient Prometheous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    On ptr now.
    The Horridon Trinket http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=96398

    Procs every 1-15seconds.
    Buff stacks to 10 and lasts 1 minute per application.
    Upon 10 stacks you get the STR bonus and get turned into a troll.
    No ICD on trinket after it's reached 10 stacks / turned you.
    It's not a trinket you activate when 10 stacks are reached, it turns you instantly.

    Overall this trinket is going to be good on bosses where you don't need specific burst, so Magaera, Horridon, the big eye fucker with flashlight mechanic should be good fights for this trinket. I wouldn't put all my energy into getting it but it should be the strongest trinket for any patchwerk style (or relativly close to one) It also drops really early this tier and should easily find itself in our bags in a couple kills. Took me ~50seconds to 100 seconds to get up 10 stacks 8k strenght is really huge, we prob should monitor the stack numbers and Execution Sentence and try to use them at the same time, prob even with engineering gloves as the trinket doesn't lock out the tinker and vice versa.

    Do the stacks fall off if you don't get one after awhile? If not, I could see us stacking to 9 before on trash and then pretending to dps trash while we save stacks for the boss.

  9. #1669
    Stood in the Fire Zabannith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NS, Canada
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheous View Post
    Do the stacks fall off if you don't get one after awhile? If not, I could see us stacking to 9 before on trash and then pretending to dps trash while we save stacks for the boss.
    I honestly get the feeling that blizz will make the stacks fall off each new instance of combat sort of like how TeB works for monks.. u can stack it to 10 b 4 a boss pull... but as soon as the boss is pulled it resets

  10. #1670
    I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    5,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheous View Post
    Do the stacks fall off if you don't get one after awhile? If not, I could see us stacking to 9 before on trash and then pretending to dps trash while we save stacks for the boss.
    the stacks has a 1min duration
    so 1 stack and 10 sec left then you get another stack it gets to 1min again. I wouldn't worry too much about it falling off unless they see it becoming a problem, I think it's gonna be a non-existant problem since there's not many bosses with trash on them that you'll be able to stack to 9 before a pull and even if you do it's not a big issue overall imo.
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

    Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

  11. #1671
    The Patient Prometheous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    220
    It'll still be our BiS over others due to the haste alone, but it's nice to know we dont have to worry about it falling off if we dont get enough procs (apparatus Im looking at you.)

    Im interested to see how the Feather works, and if I'll actually be stuck with a crit/str stacking trinket.

  12. #1672
    Hmm, between how early the bosses are and the rarity of TF variation dropping. I'm not sure whether I'm going to be coining for the crit/hit weapon/ Troll trinket.

    Hard decision between how much we need the gear, and how early the bosses are so you will get more kills in compared to other bosses. Although I'll probably coining them, would like to get them asap, ofc it all depends on what drops anyway those first couple of weeks.

  13. #1673
    Stood in the Fire Neldarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Dark Side
    Posts
    427
    Personally will go for tier (helm/shoulders) + last boss for axe on the first normal reset, but ye past that ya rather use coins on them heroic early bosses than normals later ones, unless there is some slot that benefits you insanely much due to lack of loot in that slot from previous tier.
    Main: Ret Alt(s): War , DK

  14. #1674
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    103
    Has anyone by chance specifically compared the three lvl 75 talents (DP HA and SW) with the current PTR build? I'd really like to see the dps differences.

  15. #1675
    I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    5,192
    SW is still king on overall dps but some T15 fights demand some aoe burst where HA is going to be better, not for dps but because your raid needs it.

  16. #1676
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Vitória - Brazil
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    SW is still king on overall dps but some T15 fights demand some aoe burst where HA is going to be better, not for dps but because your raid needs it.
    Completely agree!

  17. #1677
    The Patient Prometheous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    Personally will go for tier (helm/shoulders) + last boss for axe on the first normal reset, but ye past that ya rather use coins on them heroic early bosses than normals later ones, unless there is some slot that benefits you insanely much due to lack of loot in that slot from previous tier.
    Ive decided that I am going to coin Horridon, Primordius, and Iron Council the first week.

  18. #1678
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Vitória - Brazil
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheous View Post
    Ive decided that I am going to coin Horridon, Primordius, and Iron Council the first week.
    Did they go to release all the bosses at once?

  19. #1679
    For Normal all the bosses will be available first week, LFR first 4 or so bosses will be available second week of 5.2. Heroic bosses will be available after a full Normal clear.

  20. #1680
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    the stacks has a 1min duration
    so 1 stack and 10 sec left then you get another stack it gets to 1min again. I wouldn't worry too much about it falling off unless they see it becoming a problem, I think it's gonna be a non-existant problem since there's not many bosses with trash on them that you'll be able to stack to 9 before a pull and even if you do it's not a big issue overall imo.
    BUT: the transformation at 10 stacks lasts 20 seconds, after which we get to stack 'em again. Right ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skypperx View Post
    Did they go to release all the bosses at once?
    There's no gating for Normal and Heroic modes. Only LFR, each 3 bosses "wing" per week, starting with second or third week after 5.2.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •