1. #1261
    Banned anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,417
    Yes but Ra-den is only one boss and a massive sized loot table that everyone will want. That and having no normal mode ra-den first version of bis needs to be the 12 bosses only for simplicity then work the ra-den items in a secondary list.

  2. #1262
    Anaxie is passionate about this game. Sometimes it comes across as hostile/rude. He doesn't dance around subjects, he's blunt and to the point with his posts.

    I was just reading this thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-5-4-Wait-what and noticed he was banned. After reading it I'm guessing thats why.

  3. #1263
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeseidon View Post
    Anaxie is passionate about this game. Sometimes it comes across as hostile/rude. He doesn't dance around subjects, he's blunt and to the point with his posts.
    Translation: He can be a jackass, and takes prides in his bans.

    I'm not sure when WoL rankings became a standard for skill because most of the top 100 parses for any class typically involve a player ignoring fight mechanics in favor of personal dps. Also given how close the dps difference are in the top 200 it basically comes down to rng crits and kill times (if your raid has low dps you are pretty much screwed). This is fine for guilds that have everything on farm and meters are the only motivating thing left, but for players still progressing through content using the top of WoL as a benchmark is a bad idea. You should always be theorycrafting and min/maxing your class, but 99 times out of 100 if you are struggling on a boss it's because people are screwing up the mechanics not because of dps.
    Last edited by Kinmaul; 2013-02-10 at 05:42 PM. Reason: grammar

  4. #1264
    Fluffy Kitten Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by jello72 View Post
    He put much effort to create and update this thread and to help pala community - pls remove his ban....is a temp or current ban?
    Bans are generally temporary, and are very rarely a result of a single post. A user has to accumulate enough infraction points over a short period of time to trigger a ban.

    Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

  5. #1265
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    104
    I'd assume its a temp ban, because a full ban should only be for some crazy flaming or trolling on forums for no purpose.

    On an off note, does ANYONE know why SoJ isn't working on the PTR? I've tried it several times on dummies and all I get after using a TV is the mastery side-damage. I've even looked at my skada meter and it shows nothing about this "extra damage" the seal is supposed to do. I'm assuming this is a bug, and that they will fix it soon.

  6. #1266
    Yes, it's bugged. I imagine (hope) it'll be fixed next build.

  7. #1267
    I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    5,554
    On the internet you can't be right about something and point it out to people in a rude way, in real life those people are called teachers.
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

    Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

  8. #1268
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinmaul View Post
    I'm not sure when WoL rankings became a standard for skill because most of the top 100 parses for any class typically involve a player ignoring fight mechanics in favor of personal dps. Also given how close the dps difference are in the top 200 it basically comes down to rng crits and kill times (if your raid has low dps you are pretty much screwed). This is fine for guilds that have everything on farm and meters are the only motivating thing left, but for players still progressing through content using the top of WoL as a benchmark is a bad idea. You should always be theorycrafting and min/maxing your class, but 99 times out of 100 if you are struggling on a boss it's because people are screwing up the mechanics not because of dps.
    Nice, seizing the opportunity after what just happened here. Ret gods are gonna disagree when they have been resurrected.

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    On the internet you can't be right about something and point it out to people in a rude way, in real life those people are called teachers.
    A bad teacher gets frustrated at his students when they don't understand. A good teacher makes sure they understand without letting his emotions get in the way. The "I'm right, you're wrong" argument doesn't work well in any situation.

  9. #1269
    I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    5,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    A bad teacher gets frustrated at his students when they don't understand. A good teacher makes sure they understand without letting his emotions get in the way. The "I'm right, you're wrong" argument doesn't work well in any situation.
    You haven't had the same teachers as me then :P





    Also WoL is useless if you don't know what you're looking for, ranks come down to gear, how much you cheese and how your raid helps you to cheese. For instance you can tell your raid to not aoe at all on spirit kings maddning shout allowing you to solo aoe all the raid to "break" them.
    You can tell your entire raid to not touch legs on Garalon leaving you with 100% uptime on them. Also you can make your raid kill a pack of adds on wind lord exactly when your CDs are back. The list goes on and on, point is that WoL top ranks are more about showing off how good a spec can do on any encounter if done the right way (a wierd and ignoring tactics way).
    If you want a proper WoL parse look down couple ranks and see there or even better take the top parses, look back on their calendar and look for a fight they didn't "cheese". Trying to "reach" the top ranks without cheesing yourself isn't gonna happen unless another Ultraxion type fight comes along and even then you can time your raid to kill the boss exactly when your "cheeser" has done his last burst phase.


    TL;DR
    Don't use WoL wrong.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2013-02-10 at 09:17 PM.
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

    Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

  10. #1270
    I generally only look at top guild first or second kill logs, they're usually the best. As for people talking about teachers....you realize people like anaxie don't have to be here to teach you...right? They take time out of their schedules to help you, if you don't want to respect that, then you don't deserve the help anyways.

    Sha of Fear Melee hit You 372908 Physical. (766625 Overkill) (Critical)
    Begging us to buff is sometimes easier than trying to beat the boss.(Source)

  11. #1271
    Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    I generally only look at top guild first or second kill logs, they're usually the best. As for people talking about teachers....you realize people like anaxie don't have to be here to teach you...right? They take time out of their schedules to help you, if you don't want to respect that, then you don't deserve the help anyways.
    Hint: People like anaxie are not always right.

  12. #1272
    It doesn't matter. Just the fact that he puts his stuff out there is more than enough reason to respect the guy.

    Sha of Fear Melee hit You 372908 Physical. (766625 Overkill) (Critical)
    Begging us to buff is sometimes easier than trying to beat the boss.(Source)

  13. #1273
    Moderator Krekko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    4,284
    Enough discussion on Anaxie and the ban. If you have an issue with the conduct of Moderators or with a ban, feel free to message Sunshine or a Super-Moderator (Blue Mod) on the forums to discuss it further.

    Keep this great thread on topic, please!-Krekko
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-02-10 at 11:19 PM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    | [MoP]Ret Paladin Guide | Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

    WoW Level Scaling Feature

  14. #1274
    Stood in the Fire Neldarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Dark Side
    Posts
    432
    Q: Today I had to bench myself as the raid leader on Sha of Fear 10m H progress because Ret DPS is terrible. Any buffs in sight?
    A: I'm assuming you understand the problem where DPS is very hard to measure on that fight since everyone is so spread out

    That made my day... sorreh
    WoW = Retired Main: Ret Alt(s): War , DK

    Diablo3

  15. #1275
    Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    Q: Today I had to bench myself as the raid leader on Sha of Fear 10m H progress because Ret DPS is terrible. Any buffs in sight?
    A: I'm assuming you understand the problem where DPS is very hard to measure on that fight since everyone is so spread out

    That made my day... sorreh
    Ghostcrawler's a tool. If you're measuring it based solely on the second phase, it's still really bad.

  16. #1276
    I'll probably get lyched for this, but here we go anyway.

    It's not as bad fight as your first impression gives (at least my feelings were). P1 doesn't matter at all and for P2 you just have to go div. purpose + lights hammer + exo glyph to not feel completely useless in adds.

    Defensively, for huddles especially we have alot of good stuff; Unbreakable spirit = -40% for self every huddle (or Purity, assuming it works, not tried) and selfless healer flash to save a low hp ally. bubble sac / loh / devo aura for those "3 healers in huddle" calls.

    (can't post links) worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-juu6d5k2izxldeo9/analyze/dd/source/?target=111&s=2928&e=4161 Log for our last kill, 7/17 in adds and total damage done in P2 - sure it's not top but playing Ret can't expect to be #1 either, we just bring too much to raid.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 11:24 AM ----------

    Didn't check rng of the fight tho, major part how many huddles you sit, of course.

  17. #1277
    Stood in the Fire Neldarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Dark Side
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendai View Post
    I'll probably get lyched for this, but here we go anyway.

    It's not as bad fight as your first impression gives (at least my feelings were). P1 doesn't matter at all and for P2 you just have to go div. purpose + lights hammer + exo glyph to not feel completely useless in adds.

    Defensively, for huddles especially we have alot of good stuff; Unbreakable spirit = -40% for self every huddle (or Purity, assuming it works, not tried) and selfless healer flash to save a low hp ally. bubble sac / loh / devo aura for those "3 healers in huddle" calls.

    (can't post links) worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-juu6d5k2izxldeo9/analyze/dd/source/?target=111&s=2928&e=4161 Log for our last kill, 7/17 in adds and total damage done in P2 - sure it's not top but playing Ret can't expect to be #1 either, we just bring too much to raid.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 11:24 AM ----------

    Didn't check rng of the fight tho, major part how many huddles you sit, of course.
    Nah its fine , just that 10manH sha is very different to 25manH one both numerically and mechanically in p2. I'd be really surprised if ret had any problems of validating their spot in 25man version. Mainly because you do not sit in huddles; which leads to alot less circlejerk divinestorming since adds take alot longer to gather.
    WoW = Retired Main: Ret Alt(s): War , DK

    Diablo3

  18. #1278
    Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    Nah its fine , just that 10manH sha is very different to 25manH one both numerically and mechanically in p2. I'd be really surprised if ret had any problems of validating their spot in 25man version. Mainly because you do not sit in huddles; which leads to alot less circlejerk divinestorming since adds take alot longer to gather.
    I would say rets are good for 25m because you can purity every huddle. In our 25m we never broke huddles.

  19. #1279
    light's hammer is kinda awful for p2 sha, adds being kitted in the most retarded spots means they aren't getting hit for long, ES is mostly fine, but it's also very strat dependent, i.e my guild doesn't have me or rvvo switch on adds till the much later waves when the boss is around 25% and our dmg on adds isn't terrible for the uptime we have on them. Ret's are great on 25 man sha btw fucking HA or DP fucking so stronk

  20. #1280
    Yeah, I'm fairly confident no one uses light's hammer for sha, the adds move too much. Like Vigi said, in a 25m setting Rets can generally sit on the boss and just passive cleave with DS and HoTR and then swap to adds super late in the fight. Obviously we won't be top add damage, but we do a similar amount of damage as to if we were to run around killing adds the whole time. We only really lose the censure damage of rolling multiple stacks in adds.

    Sha of Fear Melee hit You 372908 Physical. (766625 Overkill) (Critical)
    Begging us to buff is sometimes easier than trying to beat the boss.(Source)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •