Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    Who gives a shit about how ya deliver those numbers in one big bulk of burst or sprung over 2min of ABC juggling? Middle of the pack single-target you say? Check again, you're wrong.

Bottomline is simple. Total output is the only thing that matters not BURST or SUSTAIN or w-e the fuck else ya wanna call it.
    Sure, if you can sit on the same target all fight long.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rahkarn View Post
    If you're 600 or more over hit cap, would it be adavantageous to use haste gems instead of hit?

I have a gear set that may be a dps increase if I could trade the hit for something else.

Reforge the hell out of that hit!

And if it comes partially from gems, re-gem out of it.

Being over hit cap is fine, but don't allow yourself to be over hit cap with the hit not reforged or not gemmed.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Sure, if you can sit on the same target all fight long.
    By that I ment almost bottom WITH sitting on same target all fight long :P

By that I ment almost bottom WITH sitting on same target all fight long :P
    Isn't that the main concern for Rets, though? That you get easily replaced by Warriors/DKs because you're forced to do a role that is hard to get away with in my situations. We can't just look at total damage done when progressing through a raid.

Not only does this question the viablity of Rets during progress but it's also the main reason I personally don't enjoy the spec as much as I do playing a dot class that is all over the place or just wrecking everythinig with AoE damage.

Thats the thing even if you don't bring any utility to the raid (rets actually do) and do the best overall dmg you will still get a spot. What I was refering to was the class performance which is very irrelevant in what it comes in terms of dmg (burst or sustain) as long as the grand total is big enough. Middle of the pack would actually be quite great for a ret to validate the spot. Sure damage isn't everything when you are evaluating that said role, but it is a major aspect/contribution/what ya bring to the raid.

Main problem with this game is how it favours ranged. If you want to design interesting encounters with new and fresh mechanics you will favour ranged by default. So what I do not understand is why melee dps aint overpowered as it SHOULD be considering the "high upkeep". And yes t14 was really boring fights as a whole. Let's see if ToT changes it and where melee (ret specificly) end up in terms of demand in progress raiding.

Most guilds have atleast 2 holy paladins (25man) so devo and hand abilities doesn't exactly have a great value vs warrior banners and hp buffs and higher dps.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Let's see if ToT changes it and where melee (ret specificly) end up in terms of demand in progress raiding.
    Don't get your hopes up. This teir and every one since the beginning of time favors ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Actually, before this, Sanctified Wrath probably would've had trouble competing with the increase in weapon damage and T15 set bonuses.
    So, SW is the way to go in 5.2? Or is it still pretty much up in the air depending on the fight?

Are ya'll rets in full BIS/near full BIS not having issues being so far over hit cap you cannot reforge out of it? I'm considering removing the haste/hit gems to get myself under hit cap.

What's it with Goak melee damage on the ptr? Have you experienced it as well? It's abnormally large.

Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    What's it with Goak melee damage on the ptr? Have you experienced it as well? It's abnormally large.
    They said they would compensate for the removal of the 4Pc. I came in this thread wondering if someone could post if we got compensation or not. I guess I found my answer.

We addressed it in 5.2. When you remove the set bonuses, the buff is also cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodrogue View Post
    They said they would compensate for the removal of the 4Pc. I came in this thread wondering if someone could post if we got compensation or not. I guess I found my answer.
    Yeah I just tested pre-pull T11 on a ToT boss an on the training dummy. Totally fixed. Thank goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    Doing same damage as on live for me.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

Vendor your T11 in patch 5.2
    ~ Anaxie
    Is removal of the T11 Protection tier gimmic going to be addressed before 5.2 hits so don't have to keep it for a 45 sec guardian prepull as retribution?

~GC
    We addressed it in 5.2. When you remove the set bonuses, the buff is also cancelled.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 12:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rahkarn View Post
    Are ya'll rets in full BIS/near full BIS not having issues being so far over hit cap you cannot reforge out of it? I'm considering removing the haste/hit gems to get myself under hit cap.
    I'm a draenei and I'm totally fine on hit check my sig. Next patch. I havn't built the set and swapped in items to look at potential issues yet. We may even be fine. Lack of 2handers has me like crazy fuckin worried tho but atleast we get one off 3rd boss. It sure blows dick tho Hit/crit blue socket.

Also check my belt before you start trying to use str/stam gems.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-02-22 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Yeah I just tested pre-pull T11 on a ToT boss an on the training dummy. Totally fixed. Thank goodness.
    It's been fixed for over a month now on PTR.

Posted GC so we can get some guardian mechanics like what his AP % he takes from you for his swings or weapon damage %. Asked for Coif on the Finisher he does.

Asked for his haste and crit contributions.

---------- Post added 2013-02-22 at 01:54 AM ----------

im not saying revert the dk buffs, they are fine...but by that same logic, where are the ret sustained buffs to keep us competitive? we are already pretty far behind frost as it is.

~Ghostcrawler
    Unless you can demonstrate to us that Ret is behind Frost in 5.2, we can't do much with comments like this.

We think Ret and Frost are where they should be in 5.1 with the exception that Frost pulls ahead too much in certain cleave and AE situations.
    You know what to do
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-02-22 at 01:56 AM.

Doing same damage as on live for me.
    (regarding GotAK)

Is this true?

15+ Year Old Account
    My Tier 11 holds a sentimental value and I will not vendor it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

The lack of the 2h sword of frozen hells on any of the bosses makes me a sad pally. Not only does it look cool but without a boss drop it cant be heroic or probably thunderforged =(

Deleted
    im not saying revert the dk buffs, they are fine...but by that same logic, where are the ret sustained buffs to keep us competitive? we are already pretty far behind frost as it is.

~Ghostcrawler
    Unless you can demonstrate to us that Ret is behind Frost in 5.2, we can't do much with comments like this.
    We think Ret and Frost are where they should be in 5.1 with the exception that Frost pulls ahead too much in certain cleave and AE situations.
    Am I rly the only one, who can't stop laughing about this comment? He can't be real with this comment, is he?
    Oh man that's so frustrating, now I know exactly where I will stand in the next patch, like many other patches before.