10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Licmyseal View Post
    I'm thinking about dropping JC for either BS or engineering, currently also have enchanting. Is the dps difference between BS and engineering much?
    Blacksmithing is a very solid and reliable pick, especially now since it is very quick to go from 1-600 with the recent change.
    Exorcising Undead in the name of the Silver Hand!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...homerun/simple

This is going to be an exhausting tier for heroic bosses. dear god

Deleted
    ES has always considered stats on cast and never refreshed on ticks.
    That's why you should delay first ES until you have 20stacks on guardian, and when you have a proc of 15s (like tailoring) wait 10sec max to see if another proc can stack up (Xuen, Lei Shen, Dancing Steel). But no need to cast it under Alacrity (buff from DMV) since ES does NOT benefit from haste.

Dungeon journal does not account for the shared loot as it did for Firelands... :/ Sad because I want to know which boss require charms use.

Looking at things like the valor 8,800 str proc trinket having 75sec icd while agi get a 20 sec duration 105 sec icd pisses me off so much. I wish we could get that icd / duration. We may need to consider that trinket with the horror stories of Zandalar and other RPPM trinkets coming to light.

I say Zandalar in theory should be best 5RPPM we should see somewhat frequent procs. Primordius is entirely based on our class proc mechanics if deemed terrible stack upkeep wise our go to trinket is prolly gonna be feather.

Also some food for thought from an OLD post GC made with the T14 trinkets.

-- Lei Shin's Final Orders – 15% chance on direct white/melee/ranged/harmful-spell landing, 45 sec ICD.

15% chance and I'd say it's pretty reliable. Wild guess that seals are still procing stuff? Also.... 20 sec duration and half the icd..... I think our Orders might be pretty goddamn competitive still.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 08:44 AM ----------

Due to the huge variance of gear. I'm thinking about 2 BiS list's One based on a lucky haste polearm/sword/axe Heroic TFed the other based on the Sword.

Thankfully shared loot and the sword being off a tier boss with low item drops, that can also drop a shared loot item. We may see our 2 favorite weapons more frequently.

Thoughts? Would you prefer Ra-den loot included or not. HIs massive table it's not realistic to obtain EVERYTHING.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-03-07 at 08:46 AM.

Legplates of the Lightning Throne from Lei Shen are a better offspec item than the gloves. Higher base haste, and a bonus yellow socket, compared to the bonus blue socket offered by the gloves.

Uh yeah the op kinda mentions in huge bold letters the list is wrong with shared loot weapons. Of course you could use legs prio to that knowledge and be 2% hit overcap if that floats your boat.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 09:15 AM ----------

Trimmed the giant list on the OP down. Post if you think an item should be re-added into the pile for shuffling / Thunderforge mix-match options.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 09:23 AM ----------

I'm going to agree Offset leggings are BiS.

Itemization aside there is one very clear reason. They can be thunderforged and Legs being the major armor slot itemization just like chestplates. It's a significant amount over the hands. This could be complicated by being gifted a Thunderforged Malakk Zerat hit sword. In this case you should opt for hands until you obtain a significant amount of Ra-den non hit loot. Going to work out the differences these weapon choices can make in lists soon.

However do keep in mind. Lei Shien if he proves to be a brick wall.... or those before him.. twins, animus ect. You are going to get Heroic tier legs of Ji-kun and Durumu Thunderforge leg opportunites long before Lei Shien.

Pretty likely you are gonna have to race change if Draenei and even still be eating 1% excess hit this tier. unless you opt for Stamina/Str gemming. ~ IF USING Zerat

I stress this again. Weapon ilvl is one of the most important things especially with our 4 set. If the wpn is Ilvl 541 and you are 8-9% hit. Who gives a shit your weapon has 30k top end.

Do not pass on any 2 hander because of itemization.

We are prolly gonna have 35% haste easily in the Perfect BiS. Huge amounts more if VP+ returns 3 months in. Prolly gonna be hitting a huge breakpoint. around those numbers. Then again RPPM skyrockets haste value imo.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-03-07 at 09:51 AM.

I'm at 13,4k haste atm, picked up zandalari trinket and temp thunderforged shoulders last night + valor / rep ring.
    Went to a scenario with a mage who heroed while we had 100% haste. Popped AV and spammed HoW every gcd at ranged. 400k dps, I prob enjoyed it a bit more than I should've

Maybe one day it can happen in raids aswell.

SINESTRA? XD?

Anywho Items are relatively balanced. Mastery is going to be VERY hard to come by with all the haste/crit Lets assume with a 30k top end weapon + 4 set bumps mastery 2:1 vs str.

Essentially looking at the stats we care most about. It's 821 mastery vs 177 haste and 80 strength.

Please correct me if my values for the items are wrong. Don't let all the shiny sockets blind you. It comes completely from the budget

OS legs/Tier hands Legplates of the Lightning Throne
    3146str +80
    2078 haste +177
    490 mast -821
    532 hit +212
    1467 crit +251

OS hands/Tier legs Rein-Binder's Fists
    3066str
    1901haste
    1311mas
    1216cri
    320hit

In this case. I would prolly take the OS hands. for an extra 821 mastery.

I doubt mastery budges much from the 30% from BiS T14.

If mastery DOES grow in value from low rating as expected this could potentially push the SPEAR above sword for anyone without expertise racial.
    Expertise mast sounds alot better then Crit, haste too imo.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-03-07 at 10:32 AM.

Deleted
    So I haven't played wow for about 2~ months, what has changed and how are rets looking like right now compared to other dps classes? Been thinkin of getting into it again.

Cheers for any response

I agree with you anaxie. I was arguing with our dks about how ret might offset hands, what you said was exactly my point. I'm sitting at 31%haste(2x haste trinkets, damn you Lei shi heroic), and mastery is looking better and better, especially with the extra damage from SoL this patch.

so far...what i've read has been "something, something, something...get the polearm, something, something, something".

at least that's what i'm making myself see.

the haste crit sword doesn't look half bad either.

only a normal mode raider here...so going for looks.

Quote Originally Posted by twinkfist View Post
    so far...what i've read has been "something, something, something...get the polearm, something, something, something".

at least that's what i'm making myself see.

the haste crit sword doesn't look half bad either.

only a normal mode raider here...so going for looks.
    Take polearm. Hell i would

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 09:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Phobed90 View Post
    So I haven't played wow for about 2~ months, what has changed and how are rets looking like right now compared to other dps classes? Been thinkin of getting into it again.

Cheers for any response
    Aoe is dogshit and with 4 set T15 we are single target cannons our tier even punishes us for trying to aoe. 40% chance on CS to get a Templar proc that makes it hit like a warriors execute.

HA should die after this patch. Single u can't CS/tv/cs/tv it's worthless and -15% TV damage from 2 set loss makes TV spam even less appealing compared to hammertime.

Heres a good idea how SW should go.

HW, CS, HW, ???, HW, ??? You won't simply HW/CS/HW/TV/HW/CS/HW/TV. But anaxie Crusader procs!. Yes well. that is fine and dandy but if you don't proc a Holy TV why not just cap the holy power above 3 and bank it? If you don't get a proc use exo so our HoW, Censure, Seals, and Holy TVs AND Hand of lights < confirmed and intended to dip from the buff by itself said by GC>. Exo debuff adds atlot of damage. The debuff active will make atleast 2 HoWs do 6% more damage AND 12% more HoL damage. Since mastery should easily be over 40% that is a pretty big deal.

Need a target focus killed or a boss burned? Prolly gonna be best to have rets do it. Can't do much else D:

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 09:28 PM ----------

Future Min/Max thoughts on the 4 set proc.

Prolly be good idea to be aware of what 3 spells you are going to have access too judge, CS, Exo. To not waste CS procs and basically lose and entire TV's worth of damage. Prolly be great idea to NEVER drop below 1 HP this way CS, JUDGE, TV, CS can still happen instead of a horrible CS, J, CS , TV

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 09:45 PM ----------

Check haste levels again with a Blacksmith. 42% haste in full 100% BiS without thunderforge except Ra-den loot. easily 45% when VP+ returns and TF RNG Yikes.

So 1 sec GCD and 3 second crusader strike inc? lol?

Crit should gain 4.5-5.5% then we have now. 30% crit is a pretty solid number for a stat we aren't trying to stack.
    Mastery as I expected barely moved like 1%. With 42-45% haste pretty sure we are going to be rating hopping to mastery at that point.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-03-07 at 10:40 PM.

I was able to coin the greatsword off council

Doings some thinking....

Shared boss loot sucked bad in firelands and DS yes.... THAT WAS WITHOUT COINS.

SO since POLEARM AND haste sword are from... DUN DUN! shared loot. Start charming horridon non stop 100% this entire expansion. Try for a TF trinket AND weapon. Jin'rhok? Charm! , Council elders.... one boss 3 weapons? CHARM!

Thinking about how the shared loot works. If you have any remaining charms this week you should prolly just keep them. Start burning that shit on heroic kills. Maybe youll get lucky and see a H weapon or a TF Heroic. Jaja

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 11:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Therm View Post
    I was able to coin the greatsword off council
    This info was shared a few pages back.

Just as a sidenote testing around for good hour with Ji'kun trinket and proc ranged anywhere between 10sec after previous expired and up to almost 3.5-4minutes of a full round w-o a proc (thats abit too much RNG). Sure it's 0.5 rppm so should be like 1 proc every 2minutes but ye seeing how much ret is a cooldown class I'l have to say you only have ONE choice for now = LeiShen orders + Gaze OR Primo (whichever is better) + if both suck its ye lol Valor trinket guyz. Waiting to stack zandalar and seeing how it auto-procs is just ye; totally not worth it.

Tbh ret = if ya cant pop cooldowns on pull = trinkets that don't work/allign with that simply just aren't viable.
    Last edited by Neldarie; 2013-03-08 at 12:45 AM.

Charm ALL the bosses! o/

Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    Just as a sidenote testing around for good hour with Ji'kun trinket and proc ranged anywhere between 10sec after previous expired and up to almost 3.5-4minutes of a full round w-o a proc. Sure it's 0.5 rppm so should be like 1 proc every 2minutes but ye seeing how much ret is a cooldown class I'l have to say you only have ONE choice for now = LeiShen orders + Gaze OR Primo (whichever is better). Waiting to stack zandalar and seeing how it auto-procs is just ye; totally not worth it.

Tbh ret = if ya cant pop cooldowns on pull = trinkets that don't work/allign with that simply just aren't viable.
    RPPM is so stupid and defeats the purpose behind trinkets. With locked ICDs and procrates you could line things up. It was predictable. This shit is just retarded.

Just think if our VP trinket was 20 sec 105 icd we may actually of had a BIS from Valor =/

Yeah I did a ton of simcraft testing in my current T14 gear with every single pair I could think of-- I found, at least for me, that the 517 Vortex & the 510 Lei shen hold up very well against just about all the 522 trinkets. I made a really long post in the Ej thread about it. I can use the expertise on the valor trinket, so I'm rocking that & my 517 vortex for now. Should do me fine through normals, unless t15 set bonuses end up changing any of the trinket strengths.

I'm pretty satisfied with the state of ret on live right now now that I've had my first raid. We look particularly good on Jikun. Of course, I never thought we were broken in the first place, my raid runs 2x mainspec ret. /shrug. I'm loving the SOR change, even though it's not relevant to every fight, cleave is more interesting this way. I'm feeling good about ret in this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by anafielle View Post
    I'm pretty satisfied with the state of ret on live right now now that I've had my first raid. We look particularly good on Jikun. Of course, I never thought we were broken in the first place, my raid runs 2x mainspec ret. /shrug. I'm loving the SOR change, even though it's not relevant to every fight, cleave is more interesting this way. I'm feeling good about ret in this tier.
    I'm not. http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D.../7/30/default/

Pathogenic Gauntlets
    Forget the other OS hands. Now that we are aware of how to obtain our 2 other 2handers and them being somewhat EASIER to obtain. We shouldn't have to worry about a 1500 hit sword.

This pair means we have MORE haste and mastery then choosing OS legs.

Primordius is pretty much an all star boss.

Our best trinket
    Our best ring
    Our OS hands
    A pretty good cloak BiS till Ra-den
    sword / Polearm

Charming Megera Heroic would be a good idea mid tier when fishing for weapons since he only has ONE item could coin on his loot table. Thankfully the one item is a ring too so if we get a TF version while dumping charms it should be pretty legit.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-03-08 at 02:41 AM.