1. #2061
    Quote Originally Posted by Lychnuchus View Post
    So to quickly summarize it up for Ret's returning from tank journeys in T14 (and thus having crappy T14 DD trinkets):
    - Spark of Zandalar + Ji Kun's as BiS non hc as well as hc
    - 4pc T15 with offset gloves
    - bo ris or crit haste sword
    - wrecking massive havoc

    am I correct ?
    Not sure on Ji's vs Primordius. Everything else should be about right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professional Shitposter View Post
    getting banned from mmoc is like being let out of your jail cell when your sentence is over.

  2. #2062
    The Patient Prometheous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Anyone about to start on tortos you can stack zandalars to full 9 stack before pull judging crystals every 3 seconds between combat drops.

    there are target dummies outfront of the raid so I gu ess you could cheese Jinrhok too or other bosses if ppl care to summon you.

    Sorry for no Updates Starcraft > WoW

    Also as of this post you should start hardcapping vp to 3000. 3k gets you what. +48 ilvls?
    And thankfully (even though it's annoying) most of the VP gear sucks for us anyway so saving up the 3k should be an easy thing to do.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-24 at 07:15 PM ----------

    Also, is anyone expecting ret changed in 5.3? I'm not sure if 5.3 is going to be much of a buff/nerf patch but something I'd like to see added would be better AoE/cleave. Perhaps with our new set bonuses, they could just make seal of righteousness do holy damage and our AoE would be pretty strong, and as for cleave... maybe buffing censure damage, I'm not sure what else they could do to buff 2-3 target cleaving.

  3. #2063
    Fluffy Kitten Krekko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    4,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheous View Post
    Also, is anyone expecting ret changed in 5.3? I'm not sure if 5.3 is going to be much of a buff/nerf patch but something I'd like to see added would be better AoE/cleave.
    Well, apparently there was more on the slab for us that didn't quite make it out with 5.2. Perhaps with 5.3 it'll come? I'm not holding my breath for much of anything though. Personally I'd rather be pleasantly surprised.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

    WoW Level Scaling Feature

  4. #2064
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Well, apparently there was more on the slab for us that didn't quite make it out with 5.2. Perhaps with 5.3 it'll come? I'm not holding my breath for much of anything though. Personally I'd rather be pleasantly surprised.
    What i'm hoping the most for is, non-targeted Hammer of the Righteous.

  5. #2065
    Quote Originally Posted by Haargielol View Post
    What i'm hoping the most for is, non-targeted Hammer of the Righteous.
    Even if we aren't getting aoe we should ask for our 4 set tier not to punish us for aoeing. We should get procs from CS and HotR. We should be able to boost DS or TV.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-24 at 09:21 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Haargielol View Post
    What i'm hoping the most for is, non-targeted Hammer of the Righteous.
    Wish exo had a further spread / range needed to cast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professional Shitposter View Post
    getting banned from mmoc is like being let out of your jail cell when your sentence is over.

  6. #2066
    The Patient Dmchomerun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Cathedral of Light
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Even if we aren't getting aoe we should ask for our 4 set tier not to punish us for aoeing. We should get procs from CS and HotR. We should be able to boost DS or TV.[COLOR="red"]
    But the 4-piece set bonus as-is would still have no effect on Divine Storm damage since it is only holy damage, right? They would have to change the mechanic to where we would see a bonus in damage to Divine Storm. But at the same time, I totally agree.
    Exorcising Undead in the name of the Silver Hand!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...homerun/simple

  7. #2067
    Are rets still running SW with 4 set, or going for DP? And just prioritizing CS > J where possible during SW? Also, would it be worth picking up the exp trinket if I'm running double upgraded heroic of lei shen + vortex?

  8. #2068
    Quote Originally Posted by Licmyseal View Post
    Are rets still running SW with 4 set, or going for DP? And just prioritizing CS > J where possible during SW? Also, would it be worth picking up the exp trinket if I'm running double upgraded heroic of lei shen + vortex?
    From what I've read - feel free to correct me if I'm wrong - SW and DP are pretty even overall, choose based on fight mechanics. Most still probably running with SW. Exp trinket is pretty darn good if you can use the exp, but I'm already stuck over exp cap with no hit/exp on my trinkets; a LOT of ToT gear has hit/exp.

  9. #2069
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Even if we aren't getting aoe we should ask for our 4 set tier not to punish us for aoeing. We should get procs from CS and HotR. We should be able to boost DS or TV.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-24 at 09:21 PM ----------



    Wish exo had a further spread / range needed to cast.
    Yeah, the spread is awful. Tortos HC went Down last night. We went with melee full time on AoE(Exo + DS spam) and i couldn't even exo the boss, even though the adds were RIGHT under his foot. The adds wouldn't get affected. The spread is awful. Though i'm gonna try DP for next week Tortos, since i'm on the adds full time.

    I'm not sure how they would balance it out. I believe we're fine for clumped AoE atm. (according my to logs). http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-q5...758#Haargielol

  10. #2070
    Legendary! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    6,603
    HotR 8yard cone from us.
    Exorcism 10yard aoe from target.
    DS 8 or 10 yard aoe from us (can't remember)


    It's just so much to watch out for when we do AoE, position, range... while shadowpriests pick a target and channel ONE spell for 10 seconds or something while they do 3 times the aoe dps that we do, fuck balance.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 11:34 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Haargielol View Post
    Yeah, the spread is awful. Tortos HC went Down last night. We went with melee full time on AoE(Exo + DS spam) and i couldn't even exo the boss, even though the adds were RIGHT under his foot. The adds wouldn't get affected. The spread is awful. Though i'm gonna try DP for next week Tortos, since i'm on the adds full time.

    I'm not sure how they would balance it out. I believe we're fine for clumped AoE atm. (according my to logs). http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-q5...758#Haargielol
    yeah our "clumped" aoe is fine but there's not a single fight where that actually matters this tier, maybe Tortos if you're killing bats but otherwise our aoe is pretty poor and clunky to do.

  11. #2071
    Quote Originally Posted by etsumii92 View Post
    Also fun fact, coined horridon and got the intellect trinket. Ticketed a GM about it and was told it's working as intended. Be prepared for sadtimes.
    Whaaat? Have you made a screenshot of his reply? Were you in your ret speс when making a coin roll?

  12. #2072
    quick question: is there a haste softcap for sanctified wrath? in theory, a 3 second HoW without SW (50% haste, doesn't seem too implausible if we already are at 42% in heroic tier) means a 1.5 second HoW, but also means a 1 second GCD, which in turn means that we either need to wait on HoW to finish, or that our next HoW is delayed by .5 seconds.
    Currently only reading the Funny Pictures Megathread because the rest of the forums is filled with piss, whiners and pissed whiners.

  13. #2073
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    quick question: is there a haste softcap for sanctified wrath? in theory, a 3 second HoW without SW (50% haste, doesn't seem too implausible if we already are at 42% in heroic tier) means a 1.5 second HoW, but also means a 1 second GCD, which in turn means that we either need to wait on HoW to finish, or that our next HoW is delayed by .5 seconds.
    3/1.5=2, not 1.5.

  14. #2074
    High Overlord Rikhx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    111
    But hey atleast we're getting less mana cost on our buffs so we can use them instantly when CR'd ~~

  15. #2075
    Epic! Fredzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    That one place
    Posts
    1,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikhx View Post
    But hey atleast we're getting less mana cost on our buffs so we can use them instantly when CR'd ~~
    They sure know how to identify and fix the key issues with our spec, let me tell ya

  16. #2076
    probably a dumb question, with our 2 set bonus will haste still be our best stat or is mastery a little better?

  17. #2077
    The Patient Dmchomerun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Cathedral of Light
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by Xealraden View Post
    probably a dumb question, with our 2 set bonus will haste still be our best stat or is mastery a little better?
    I understand what you're thinking, but haste lowers the cooldown of:
    - Exorcism through Sactity of Battle: Allowing more uptime in the debuff
    - Melee swings: Allowing for more Art of War procs
    - Fillers from Sanctity of Battle allows us to use more spells during the debuff uptime.

    I am yet to see any numbers yet, but I believe haste still takes the cake over mastery and crit. I am interested how mastery and crit weight themselves for us to see if they are still somewhat equal.
    Exorcising Undead in the name of the Silver Hand!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...homerun/simple

  18. #2078
    Fluffy Kitten Krekko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    4,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Haargielol View Post
    What i'm hoping the most for is, non-targeted Hammer of the Righteous.
    Honestly, I'm quite amazed we haven't gotten it yet. To me it's such a basic quality of life fix, with no major effects on outcomes that it should be implemented.

    Anaxie makes a good point on the Exo range/spread. It's quite frustrating as is.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

    WoW Level Scaling Feature

  19. #2079
    borrowed a Ji's today. Obscenely broken up fairly often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professional Shitposter View Post
    getting banned from mmoc is like being let out of your jail cell when your sentence is over.

  20. #2080
    i have a feather, and it is so great getting triple procs with full cds

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •