Are rets still running SW with 4 set, or going for DP? And just prioritizing CS > J where possible during SW? Also, would it be worth picking up the exp trinket if I'm running double upgraded heroic of lei shen + vortex?

Quote Originally Posted by Licmyseal View Post
    Are rets still running SW with 4 set, or going for DP? And just prioritizing CS > J where possible during SW? Also, would it be worth picking up the exp trinket if I'm running double upgraded heroic of lei shen + vortex?
    From what I've read - feel free to correct me if I'm wrong - SW and DP are pretty even overall, choose based on fight mechanics. Most still probably running with SW. Exp trinket is pretty darn good if you can use the exp, but I'm already stuck over exp cap with no hit/exp on my trinkets; a LOT of ToT gear has hit/exp.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Even if we aren't getting aoe we should ask for our 4 set tier not to punish us for aoeing. We should get procs from CS and HotR. We should be able to boost DS or TV.

---------- Post added 2013-03-24 at 09:21 PM ----------

Wish exo had a further spread / range needed to cast.
    Yeah, the spread is awful. Tortos HC went Down last night. We went with melee full time on AoE(Exo + DS spam) and i couldn't even exo the boss, even though the adds were RIGHT under his foot. The adds wouldn't get affected. The spread is awful. Though i'm gonna try DP for next week Tortos, since i'm on the adds full time.

I'm not sure how they would balance it out. I believe we're fine for clumped AoE atm. (according my to logs). http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-q5...758#Haargielol

I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    HotR 8yard cone from us.
    Exorcism 10yard aoe from target.
    DS 8 or 10 yard aoe from us (can't remember)

It's just so much to watch out for when we do AoE, position, range... while shadowpriests pick a target and channel ONE spell for 10 seconds or something while they do 3 times the aoe dps that we do, fuck balance.

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 11:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Haargielol View Post
    Yeah, the spread is awful. Tortos HC went Down last night. We went with melee full time on AoE(Exo + DS spam) and i couldn't even exo the boss, even though the adds were RIGHT under his foot. The adds wouldn't get affected. The spread is awful. Though i'm gonna try DP for next week Tortos, since i'm on the adds full time.

I'm not sure how they would balance it out. I believe we're fine for clumped AoE atm. (according my to logs). http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-q5...758#Haargielol
    yeah our "clumped" aoe is fine but there's not a single fight where that actually matters this tier, maybe Tortos if you're killing bats but otherwise our aoe is pretty poor and clunky to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    yeah our "clumped" aoe is fine but there's not a single fight where that actually matters this tier, maybe Tortos if you're killing bats but otherwise our aoe is pretty poor and clunky to do.

This. Our aoe is stupidly strong on things like tortos bats and lei-shen ball lightning granted these mobs stay up for a decent ammount of time, not ~10 seconds like they usually do

I do have my hopes up for 5.3 though, if not just the stupidly good scaling this tier will give with VP upgrades and haste.

Also fun fact, coined horridon and got the intellect trinket. Ticketed a GM about it and was told it's working as intended. Be prepared for sadtimes.

Personally I enjoy the whole having to min-max to the bone to stay competitive, but theres quite a few things that could make life easier (Looking at you hammer of the righteous target requirement and censure reaction time).

wtb seal of justice fix

Quote Originally Posted by etsumii92 View Post
    Also fun fact, coined horridon and got the intellect trinket. Ticketed a GM about it and was told it's working as intended. Be prepared for sadtimes.
    Whaaat? Have you made a screenshot of his reply? Were you in your ret speс when making a coin roll?

Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    Whaaat? Have you made a screenshot of his reply? Were you in your ret speс when making a coin roll?

Dont have screenshots of the reply, but WIM keeps chat logged.

Re-read it today though, it seemed more like the GM didn't understand the issue and just said it was working as intended, because he said it's always been like that (You kill a boss in a spec --> bonus loot is locked to that spec regardless of respeccing) which is not true.

http://i.imgur.com/7XaKG4o.png

I don't think there's any danger in downing it as ret and coining for ret loot, but something's buggy in respeccing before using a coin, that's for sure.

quick question: is there a haste softcap for sanctified wrath? in theory, a 3 second HoW without SW (50% haste, doesn't seem too implausible if we already are at 42% in heroic tier) means a 1.5 second HoW, but also means a 1 second GCD, which in turn means that we either need to wait on HoW to finish, or that our next HoW is delayed by .5 seconds.
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    quick question: is there a haste softcap for sanctified wrath? in theory, a 3 second HoW without SW (50% haste, doesn't seem too implausible if we already are at 42% in heroic tier) means a 1.5 second HoW, but also means a 1 second GCD, which in turn means that we either need to wait on HoW to finish, or that our next HoW is delayed by .5 seconds.
    3/1.5=2, not 1.5.

But hey atleast we're getting less mana cost on our buffs so we can use them instantly when CR'd ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Rikhx View Post
    But hey atleast we're getting less mana cost on our buffs so we can use them instantly when CR'd ~~
    They sure know how to identify and fix the key issues with our spec, let me tell ya

probably a dumb question, with our 2 set bonus will haste still be our best stat or is mastery a little better?

Quote Originally Posted by Xealraden View Post
    probably a dumb question, with our 2 set bonus will haste still be our best stat or is mastery a little better?
    I understand what you're thinking, but haste lowers the cooldown of:
    - Exorcism through Sactity of Battle: Allowing more uptime in the debuff
    - Melee swings: Allowing for more Art of War procs
    - Fillers from Sanctity of Battle allows us to use more spells during the debuff uptime.

I am yet to see any numbers yet, but I believe haste still takes the cake over mastery and crit. I am interested how mastery and crit weight themselves for us to see if they are still somewhat equal.
    Exorcising Undead in the name of the Silver Hand!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...homerun/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Haargielol View Post
    What i'm hoping the most for is, non-targeted Hammer of the Righteous.
    Honestly, I'm quite amazed we haven't gotten it yet. To me it's such a basic quality of life fix, with no major effects on outcomes that it should be implemented.

Anaxie makes a good point on the Exo range/spread. It's quite frustrating as is.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    | [MoP]Ret Paladin Guide | Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Legendary!
    borrowed a Ji's today. Obscenely broken up fairly often.

i have a feather, and it is so great getting triple procs with full cds

I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    picked up a feather today, haven't done any testing with it but the other ret in my guild has one thunderforged and he jumped up like 5k dps from it. CD timing etc obviously but still...

Feather is pretty fucking stupid rng sometimes. Had 69 procs total spread over 15 wipes of Iron Qon, before shooting up to 13 procs on the kill. Granted it didn't proc on the pull and procced during lightning storm twice (at the start+Judgment to keep censure, hai gusy ima feather proc), it's still pretty insane.

Almost as stupid as our dk having 16 procs on the same kill x]

Worst thing is no proc on the pull though, that's literally a difference of several million damage during the burst, even a million from ES alone.

Coining Twin Consort tonight, so if i'm "unlucky" I may pick up a Gaze for testing. wtb 4 set.

Legendary!
    Quote Originally Posted by etsumii92 View Post
    Feather is pretty fucking stupid rng sometimes. Had 69 procs total spread over 15 wipes of Iron Qon, before shooting up to 13 procs on the kill. Granted it didn't proc on the pull and procced during lightning storm twice (at the start+Judgment to keep censure, hai gusy ima feather proc), it's still pretty insane.

Almost as stupid as our dk having 16 procs on the same kill x]

Worst thing is no proc on the pull though, that's literally a difference of several million damage during the burst, even a million from ES alone.

Coining Twin Consort tonight, so if i'm "unlucky" I may pick up a Gaze for testing. wtb 4 set.
    =/ Why would you want an on crit proc trinket. that scales with crit not haste for RPPM

Anywho I'm fairly certain Feather is BiS at this point. That boosts I got were insane and I was at 12% hit without reforging it an optimized gear.

I don't want it, but knowing my luck with coining (Hello horridon), it'll most likely happen. Coining it for 4set/boots as both of those are 509s and shot at random wep.