1. #2181
    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheous View Post
    Well they are RPPM trinkets so it would be a bit more difficult to say for sure, since it is case by case. Double upgraded DMF trinket and lei shen's still arent bad if you dont have absurd amounts of haste, at least better than the valor trinket (unless the expertise you gain allows you to reforge at least 30% of expertise into haste.)
    I'm wondering how the DMC trinket compares to trinkets from Ji-KUn and Primordius. Currently I'm using the DMC and Spark of Zandalar.

    Also, I have a more broader question for you guys, at what point did/do you consider gemming Strength over Haste? I'm at 26% Haste right now. I've been considering gemming more pure Str and Str+haste gems.

  2. #2182
    Legendary! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    6,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    I'm wondering how the DMC trinket compares to trinkets from Ji-KUn and Primordius. Currently I'm using the DMC and Spark of Zandalar.

    Also, I have a more broader question for you guys, at what point did/do you consider gemming Strength over Haste? I'm at 26% Haste right now. I've been considering gemming more pure Str and Str+haste gems.

    I'm at 34% haste or something like that, not going to str any time soon.

  3. #2183
    Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    I've had good success with HA. Wait for dinomancer, pop wings + HA, and Burst down all the adds with DS.
    And my rotation would be something like HotR -> DS -> HoW -> DS -> HotR -> DS , etc. ?

  4. #2184
    As others have pointed out, since 5.2 everytime I simulate my statweights ( In a patchwerk fight ) 90% of the times critical strike is a bit higher than mastery, usually by a margin of .10 to .20. In numerous threads everyone says that critical strike is trash for Ret, so that fact that Crit is simming higher than mastery is confusing me. Im starting to think that maybe mastery and critical are of the same value or really close for retribution but again, this is just from all the different simulaitons I've been running. What do you guys think?
    Here is a link to my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...varan/advanced
    Last edited by Xavaran; 2013-04-04 at 08:57 AM.

  5. #2185
    Crit will sim higher than mastery because of stat synergy.
    You gain 1000 from stat A which has a 1.30 weight over stat B that has a 1.20 weight
    you sim again, stat A will have a 1.20 weight and Stat B 1.30 because the difference between the stat budget is huge and thus simcraft considers that stat B is becoming more "interesting" than stat A.

    But, the amount of crit necessary to make a difference in %age, the absence of synergy between crit and none of our talent/abilities (unlike warrior, fire mages etc..) make it crap in comparison to mastery that scales with our strongest attacks and our 2pc and our 4pc.

    So, yeah, crit is maybe not bad, but mastery is much better and reliable.

  6. #2186
    Legendary! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    6,619
    Don't know if simc has valued haste based on more 2set and 4set uptime aswell as RPPM trinkets being better with haste but you should, without exorcism proc I'm having 50%++ uptime on 2set. 4set is harder but when you crit 1.3m TV + 700k hand of light you really do gain a lot from haste.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2013-04-04 at 12:59 PM.

  7. #2187
    I lvled eng and have a quick question for ES+Synapse

    if i use this macro

    #showtooltip Execution sentence
    /use 10 (synapse)
    /cast Execution sentence



    will Execution sentence take the bonus str of synapse at cast or do i need to press synapse seperatelly from ES for that to happen?

  8. #2188
    Quote Originally Posted by bacildaf View Post
    I lvled eng and have a quick question for ES+Synapse

    if i use this macro

    #showtooltip Execution sentence
    /use 10 (synapse)
    /cast Execution sentence



    will Execution sentence take the bonus str of synapse at cast or do i need to press synapse seperatelly from ES for that to happen?
    I haven't actually tested to confirm personally, but from what I know about the game in general it should work fine like that.

  9. #2189
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavaran View Post
    As others have pointed out, since 5.2 everytime I simulate my statweights ( In a patchwerk fight ) 90% of the times critical strike is a bit higher than mastery, usually by a margin of .10 to .20. In numerous threads everyone says that critical strike is trash for Ret, so that fact that Crit is simming higher than mastery is confusing me. Im starting to think that maybe mastery and critical are of the same value or really close for retribution but again, this is just from all the different simulaitons I've been running. What do you guys think?
    Here is a link to my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...varan/advanced
    Sim an AOE situation and you will clearly see why you should go mastery instead of crit. It also doesn't take into account percentage-increases where mastery actually double dips by taking the increased coefficient from the original attack and is increased by the damage increase itself.

  10. #2190
    Quote Originally Posted by bacildaf View Post
    I lvled eng and have a quick question for ES+Synapse

    if i use this macro

    #showtooltip Execution sentence
    /use 10 (synapse)
    /cast Execution sentence



    will Execution sentence take the bonus str of synapse at cast or do i need to press synapse seperatelly from ES for that to happen?
    That's what I use. If you're in doubt of it working, just spam the macro during the previous GCD. Springs are off the GCD, so they'll go off, and ES won't until you finish the GCD. You kinda waste a second of springs if you do that tho.

  11. #2191
    Is PoJ still the go to talent or at some haste point I should consider LAotL ?

    Also I had some gearing questions:

    I broke 4pc t14 ( 496 normal chest , 504 upgraded legs ) for t15 522 legs and a 535 offpiece chest. Imo I made a good choice ?

  12. #2192
    Quote Originally Posted by Floross View Post
    Is PoJ still the go to talent or at some haste point I should consider LAotL ?
    They're all situational. A fight with LOTS of movement, you'll wanna take PoJ. A fight where you don't very often, but it's far distances, you'll usually want to take long arm or speed of light. I find that having a 70% sprint is really useful on fights like Jin'rokh, Horridon, Megaera, Durumu, Primordius etc.

  13. #2193
    Quote Originally Posted by Calrissian View Post
    They're all situational. A fight with LOTS of movement, you'll wanna take PoJ. A fight where you don't very often, but it's far distances, you'll usually want to take long arm or speed of light. I find that having a 70% sprint is really useful on fights like Jin'rokh, Horridon, Megaera, Durumu, Primordius etc.
    Speaking of Primordius, any tips on how to minimize the time without the transformation buff ?

  14. #2194
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRaven View Post
    Speaking of Primordius, any tips on how to minimize the time without the transformation buff ?
    Mass dispels were just hotfixed, so not really.

  15. #2195
    Quote Originally Posted by Calrissian View Post
    Mass dispels were just hotfixed, so not really.
    wasn't a problem for me on normal..

  16. #2196
    Ugh, so I'm already over hit cap http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lesnarf/simple and I got the trinket off Ji-Kin. It sucks I can't use it without stats being wasted!

    Would the Ji-Kun Feather trinket be better than the DMC Relic trinket even with a good portion of its Hit stat wasted?

    Edit: I just target dummy tested and the Feather came out on top even with more than 450 Hit wasted.
    Last edited by Fiddlesnarf; 2013-04-05 at 04:53 AM.

  17. #2197
    The Patient Prometheous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    311
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Akira/advanced

    Woooow, went from 505 to this in a week. TF ji-kun trinket is literally sex. 4pc will be amazing.

    I want to say that ji-kuns will be BiS for single target fights, but like council I'd see primordius' pulling ahead. I haven't had the chance to play with one yet, hopefully one will drop this week.

  18. #2198
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    Ugh, so I'm already over hit cap http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lesnarf/simple and I got the trinket off Ji-Kin. It sucks I can't use it without stats being wasted!

    Would the Ji-Kun Feather trinket be better than the DMC Relic trinket even with a good portion of its Hit stat wasted?

    Edit: I just target dummy tested and the Feather came out on top even with more than 450 Hit wasted.
    Of course it is. When you get closer to 100k AP, things start to hit really serious. I have it on my UH DK (with same overhit problem) and, boy, this thing proccs almost in sync with Lei Shen's.. Compared to Spark of Zandalari, Spark is kind of meh, almost 1.30-2min to get transformed, with no benefit while you stay pretty and gather stacks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheous View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Akira/advanced

    Woooow, went from 505 to this in a week. TF ji-kun trinket is literally sex. 4pc will be amazing.

    I want to say that ji-kuns will be BiS for single target fights, but like council I'd see primordius' pulling ahead. I haven't had the chance to play with one yet, hopefully one will drop this week.
    Council gives enough time on a boss (or more) to resemble a single target fight, IMHO.
    Last edited by SirRaven; 2013-04-05 at 07:25 AM.

  19. #2199
    The Patient Prometheous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRaven View Post
    Of course it is. When you get closer to 100k AP, things start to hit really serious. I have it on my UH DK (with same overhit problem) and, boy, this thing proccs almost in sync with Lei Shen's.. Compared to Spark of Zandalari, Spark is kind of meh, almost 1.30-2min to get transformed, with no benefit while you stay pretty and gather stacks.



    Council gives enough time on a boss (or more) to resemble a single target fight, IMHO.

    Perhaps, but we stack them and cleave for our kill strat. I would need to get the primordius trinket to say for sure, but with a quick glance on the numbers I could see it being ahead by a good margin.

  20. #2200
    I doubt primordius trinket could beat Ji'kun. 8700 Str in best case scenario which happens very rarely compared to a maximum of 18k Str to cast monstruous ES on empowered troll (for council). Yes cleave is nice, but when you must bring down the empowered one, strong ES can make the difference.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •