1. #3261
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    When i finish cloak next week <not likely need 4> i can replace all of my haste/stam gems with haste/hit! /dance
    Yep. I actually have to reforge INTO hit with the raden cloak I got this week. WTB more runestones.

  2. #3262
    Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    Yep. I actually have to reforge INTO hit with the raden cloak I got this week. WTB more runestones.
    Get some new rings stoopid

  3. #3263
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Get some new rings stoopid
    WTB primo ring, PST.

  4. #3264
    Legendary! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    6,603
    I got stupid council sword :<

    On the flipside I have Primordius trinket HC + TF.

    fun to have 75sec of 5 stacks :3
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

  5. #3265
    Mechagnome Neldarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Dark Side
    Posts
    553
    Well. I don't get why people are so upset about 4set considering changes to inq/goak/unbreakablespirit. If thunderforged mentality persists for t16 it would be pretty normal as many specs already use that concept of 2set +3 541 offset as bis. If all things mentioned so far go live ret will prolly be the strongest or strong 2nd melee next tier.
    WoW = Main: Ret Alt(s): War

    Diablo3

  6. #3266
    Legendary! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    6,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    Well. I don't get why people are so upset about 4set considering changes to inq/goak/unbreakablespirit. If thunderforged mentality persists for t16 it would be pretty normal as many specs already use that concept of 2set +3 541 offset as bis. If all things mentioned so far go live ret will prolly be the strongest or strong 2nd melee next tier.
    like always that depends on the encounters... but yeah ret is looking good atm, don't know about second strongest melee though...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

  7. #3267
    Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    Well. I don't get why people are so upset about 4set considering changes to inq/goak/unbreakablespirit. If thunderforged mentality persists for t16 it would be pretty normal as many specs already use that concept of 2set +3 541 offset as bis. If all things mentioned so far go live ret will prolly be the strongest or strong 2nd melee next tier.
    Rather have a working 4 set then stats. ALso their talking about thunderforged TIER too so we need the set bonus regardless.

    Also a bad 4 set is nothing to shrug off. Especially when a few slight tweaks can change it from a dps loss 4 set into one that is almost comparable but helps us excel at a huge weakness of ours that will be present on important fights in the tier. AoE dps. Make no mistake looking at Garrosh fight single target classes and cleave /aoe classes are going to be very important to get through P1 and potentially the dream / power siphon realms quickly.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-06-15 at 04:34 AM.

  8. #3268
    Yeah TF tier. God that sounds awful. TF offpieces are already a pain -.-

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 12:29 AM ----------

    After some testing, it appears that yes, the 4pce CAN proc DP.

  9. #3269
    Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    WTB primo ring, PST.
    wtt for weapon
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Josh/advanced
    #thunderclub
    [22:04:20.636] Josh Templar's Verdict Lei Shen *825815*

  10. #3270
    Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    Yeah TF tier. God that sounds awful. TF offpieces are already a pain -.-

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-15 at 12:29 AM ----------

    After some testing, it appears that yes, the 4pce CAN proc DP.
    Can you even imagine how good that will be on an AOE heavy fight? Oh my god.. I don't mind being pretty good at single-target and mediocre at cleave if we're amazing at AOE and there's enough fights to justify the set bonus.

  11. #3271
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Can you even imagine how good that will be on an AOE heavy fight? Oh my god.. I don't mind being pretty good at single-target and mediocre at cleave if we're amazing at AOE and there's enough fights to justify the set bonus.
    After some more testing, in 2 seperate single target 100mil damage tests, using SW I had 2.6mil damage with DS using procs alone, and with DP I had 3.98mil. Obviously it's not a whole lot of trials, but using DP leads to a lot more 4pce procs. I have yet to test HA.

    EDIT: Tested HA. Not only does it feel clunky to use DS proc during HA+Wings, but I only did 2.69mil with it.
    Last edited by Revvo; 2013-06-15 at 06:44 AM.

  12. #3272
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Can you even imagine how good that will be on an AOE heavy fight? Oh my god.. I don't mind being pretty good at single-target and mediocre at cleave if we're amazing at AOE and there's enough fights to justify the set bonus.
    Errrm Bad single target is never a good thing. Why you gonna be used on the aoe fights? How you gonna get gear when ur single target is fucked?
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-06-15 at 09:00 AM.

  13. #3273
    Regarding the Spark of Zandalar vs Primordius's talisman of rage, I kinda want to know if there is any mathematical proof that Primordius's is largely superior than Spark, I can see where you're coming with this, I've used Primordius's LFR version while gearing myself and I did noticed it had some nice uptime although It didn't reached 5 stacks that often, mostly revolved around getting 2-3 stacks, now my question is, knowing how spark's ramp up time is somewhat long is it really worth exchanging the passive haste + strength from the proc vs passive crit and a somehow decent uptime of strength you get from primordius's?
    Also what's your opinion of the tortos's H necklace vs the council H's necklace?

  14. #3274
    Legendary! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    6,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethorian View Post
    Regarding the Spark of Zandalar vs Primordius's talisman of rage, I kinda want to know if there is any mathematical proof that Primordius's is largely superior than Spark, I can see where you're coming with this, I've used Primordius's LFR version while gearing myself and I did noticed it had some nice uptime although It didn't reached 5 stacks that often, mostly revolved around getting 2-3 stacks, now my question is, knowing how spark's ramp up time is somewhat long is it really worth exchanging the passive haste + strength from the proc vs passive crit and a somehow decent uptime of strength you get from primordius's?
    Also what's your opinion of the tortos's H necklace vs the council H's necklace?
    It's all RNG but I've seen primorduis trinket up for 1min + at a time on 5 stacks.
    Spark gives 9430str for 20seconds.
    Primordius talisman gives 1975str per stack for 10seconds.

    What ramp up time are people seeing? on my 530 one (bagspot for tank os for now) and it took well over 1 min to get up.
    Primordius always procs every 15sec or so and it's rng if it refreshes itself (10sec duration) I'm seeing at the very least 4 procs per minute for 40sec of 1975str, that's comparable with wep enchant.

    I'll also leave this log (wipe lei shen progress) showing talisman with 54% uptime on a 8min attempt.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-aj...?s=3943&e=4437
    Even if that was 50% uptime at 2k str (1 stack) it's not bad..
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

  15. #3275
    In a vacuum, spark and rage are roughly equal, if you were able to line spark up on the pull.

    But you cant. with the way the proc rate on rage works, and depending on how long you're out of combat you can easily (and reliably) see a five stack within the first 10 seconds for all of your CD goodness.

  16. #3276
    Fuck spark. It is generally useless in short fights because the stacks last 1min. Makes me want to back to Brutal Talisman but I already changed too many gems, reforges and enchants. Even if it's a winner in some Simcrafted Patchwerk dummy fight, I really miss the burst that Brutal+Feather provided me.

    Note that I'm talking about 522 versions here. Not everyone here raids 25man HC.

    Edit: was just talking to myself, not replying to anyone else.

  17. #3277
    Legendary! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    6,603
    considering how our spells take ap/sp for scalings I'd rather have 1-5 stacks of primordius trinket bouncing up and down instead of a 1min ramp up trinket that's active for 20 seconds, sure it can line up with cds if you're lucky but I think you'll benefit more from having 2-10k more str at 50% uptime instead of a 9k str with ~20% uptime.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

  18. #3278
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    considering how our spells take ap/sp for scalings I'd rather have 1-5 stacks of primordius trinket bouncing up and down instead of a 1min ramp up trinket that's active for 20 seconds, sure it can line up with cds if you're lucky but I think you'll benefit more from having 2-10k more str at 50% uptime instead of a 9k str with ~20% uptime.
    I generally get more than that. I get around 23-25% the most often from the logs I'm looking at, but some bad RNG can happen occasionally. If I'm really lucky I could get up to ~30% uptime.

  19. #3279
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    I generally get more than that. I get around 23-25% the most often from the logs I'm looking at, but some bad RNG can happen occasionally. If I'm really lucky I could get up to ~30% uptime.
    And nobody is considering the passive haste vs. crit+haste stats ?

  20. #3280
    Legendary! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    6,603
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRaven View Post
    And nobody is considering the passive haste vs. crit+haste stats ?
    at the scale of the actuall trinket procs I don't think 7-800 haste is going to matter...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •