1. #2261
    You can manage to sync Horridon's proc with both ES and AW fairly often (not always, I admit) by delaying 15-20sec tops (it's often a bet for best case scenario, but I cast AW when I have 8stacks, sometimes 7 seven if BL is up). Primordius'rage is not bad, if you have no luck getting your hands on spark.

  2. #2262
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In Alpha Since 2004
    Posts
    579
    thing is, if you delay it 10-20 seconds each time, you start missing AW ES CDs and lose usage of said CDs, so would the extra (at the minimum 1.5k str due to prim trinket being up EVERY time (or almost every time)) 6500 str during cds be worth missing out on 2-4 ESes AND 1-2 AWs? just because you delay you CDs so much just to have that shitty trinket line up with them?

  3. #2263
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    your autoattacks aren't capped at 7.5% are they? it's just abilities that are. Unless that's changed hit isn't completely useless and certainly better than stam in my book, not like you'd ever want to go over the 7.5% mark by choice.
    autoattacks have the same cap as special attacks, namely 7.5%, unless you're dualwielding, but I don't see a paladin dualwield anytime soon.
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

  4. #2264
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In Alpha Since 2004
    Posts
    579
    they would sooner put us back on int/spirit gear before letting us duelwield nzall.

  5. #2265
    Quote Originally Posted by Reghame View Post
    thing is, if you delay it 10-20 seconds each time, you start missing AW ES CDs and lose usage of said CDs, so would the extra (at the minimum 1.5k str due to prim trinket being up EVERY time (or almost every time)) 6500 str during cds be worth missing out on 2-4 ESes AND 1-2 AWs? just because you delay you CDs so much just to have that shitty trinket line up with them?
    Oh my, delaying CDs by 10-15sec does not make you lose 2 full-uses of them Oo, and not losing 2-4ES either!
    The most I lost once was 1ES total and 1AW total on the same fight, but that was on a 2'38 Jin'rokh normal kill, where you pull CDs at 40sec because of the pool usage. He died right when my CD came back.

    I lost an AW use once on Durumu because we lost a dps and fight lasted longer than expected... (boss died when CDs were on 20sec cooldown).

    If you don't estimate your killing-time and don't adjust your capacity to manage CD-usage (when debuffs/buff due to mechanics are not the only issue here) such as knowing when you can afford to delay them because you know how many usage you will have in total, then you should reconsider your approach of the boss.

    TimeToDie can be a good investment here, and watching your parses to anticipate next fight can help too. Knowing timers for bosses abilities (if timer-triggered that is) is also a good way to manage CDs.

    Eventually, if you lose 1ES but all of them did +50% damage (~17kSTR with ~520ilvl, 8300str=48% str increase, and feathers/synapse/embroidery and AW+/-GoAK+/- 4kSTR potion overlaps would net a much larger damage increase) than a non-buffed by procs ES, it will show as a DPS increase in a >=3min fight.

    6k5STR might be the LFR one ? it's worse than normal lei-shen 2/2, not even touching H lei-shen. N spark is 7333STR and H spark is 8300STR.

    A loss of AW however is certainly a dps loss, but again, it happens very rarely and only if the fight doesn't go well at all and the kill is messy.

    Maybe your love for Primordius rage trinket made you felt attacked, but no-one here disregard its qualities. It's just that Spark is better in most scenarios if you get lucky/managed it well.

  6. #2266
    Banned anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,281
    I'd like to see the uptime on these Primo 5 stacks. Sadly it's a little hard to prove since uptime on a stacking trinket means nothing unless the stack is high.

    If 5 stacks are actually common and last "entirety of BL" as you claim then it should be better then proc since it's the same str value at max stack as the proc is.

    We are all confident in the power of Ji-kun being bis by a landslide even with hit overcap.
    We are confident in how the spark works since the hotfixes.
    I have heard very little about the rage trinket and it appeared unappealing and looked like anything over a 1-2 stack most of the time wasn't gonna happen. Has this changed.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-04-06 at 08:55 PM.

  7. #2267
    had a quick question, I'm someone who doesnt get to raid normals, but I run LFR regularly, I currently have LFR feather and 2/2 Relic, would the str proc from the VP trinket, but worthwhile to upgrade to over Relic, or should I wait for a LFR Spark?

  8. #2268
    Banned anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,281
    not sure a 502 spark would be all that good. atall

  9. #2269
    Quote Originally Posted by Boran View Post
    had a quick question, I'm someone who doesnt get to raid normals, but I run LFR regularly, I currently have LFR feather and 2/2 Relic, would the str proc from the VP trinket, but worthwhile to upgrade to over Relic, or should I wait for a LFR Spark?
    VP trink is pretty good if it doesn't overcap you in expertise. the 8800 75sec icd is easily predictable, and aligning CDs/ES with it is very valuable over your relic. 502 spark is just bad (as mentioned before) : had it, tried it tossed it. The str value is just too low to compete with lei shen /relic due to their amazing 45s ICD.
    Last edited by metasaigneur; 2013-04-06 at 11:38 PM.

  10. #2270
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In Alpha Since 2004
    Posts
    579
    i was not referring to a 502 spark at all i was merely subtracting 1500 str due to the prim trinket having 1 stack almost all the time in a raid scenario which has been happening to me for the past 2 weeks, same with the hero incident. We would pop hero i would pop CDs and pot, and boom 4/5 times the prim trinket would be at 5 stacks and id be bursting like a big boy dps. as far as i know, unless they redid the trinket entirely, zandalari trinket is NEVER up for the first rotation (bar jin rok but even then it may not be up for it) and is either just before or after CDs are poped for the rest of the fight, so with that i was asking either the pure random STR you get from the zandalari trinket would be superior given this scenario.

  11. #2271
    Banned anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,281
    You've peaked my interest, need more rets posting logs and findings about their primordius trinket.
    a Full 8k+ str from primo on the entiretly of lust does..... excite me... How does it perform in an opening rotation without lust active and what melee haste % are you.

  12. #2272
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In Alpha Since 2004
    Posts
    579
    in raid i think im at 41% haste or something but outside of raid its 28% without lust its still very interesting cause it would seem that the guardian can stack the prim trinket too, haven't tested it but without lust im usually anywhere between 2-4, its a rarity not to have AT LEAST 1 stack during CDs. that's why i was questioning the haste trinket ( that and i have horrid memories of the t11 trinket too)
    if you wana look at my char its Reghame on Kel'thuzad US
    Last edited by Reghame; 2013-04-07 at 12:30 AM.

  13. #2273
    I will have to look into getting the VP trink then, since that way any reforging I have going to expertise now could go towards haste instead for higher dps.

  14. #2274
    Banned anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,281
    Raid haste doesn't matter because attack speed haste doesn't matter only Gear haste does.

    Rikh can casting rez / buffs proc Feather? Might have to be ultra lazy and not do shit when i get mine to game the double proc on pull.

  15. #2275
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In Alpha Since 2004
    Posts
    579
    would the heroism incident come from DMV heroic 2/2? 8000-9000 haste or w/e it is + hero could defiantly boost it's RPPM by a shit ton, so maybe once i replace it the effects im seeing could diminish? not sure but its still something to look into

  16. #2276
    Field Marshal Rikhx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Raid haste doesn't matter because attack speed haste doesn't matter only Gear haste does.

    Rikh can casting rez / buffs proc Feather? Might have to be ultra lazy and not do shit when i get mine to game the double proc on pull.
    Haven't gotten a proc from resses/buffs no, but it does proc from Fist of Justice which is extremely annoying when you want to stun adds @ lei shen intermission for example.

  17. #2277
    Banned anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,281
    At this point I don't think anyone raiding should be buying anything patch is soon and 3k VP hardcap with the reduced 250 upgrade costs instead of 750 is huge. That is SIX 2/2 upgraded items.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 12:47 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikhx View Post
    Haven't gotten a proc from resses/buffs no, but it does proc from Fist of Justice which is extremely annoying when you want to stun adds @ lei shen intermission for example.
    Fuck that then! hands behind the back running around for us!

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 12:49 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Reghame View Post
    would the heroism incident come from DMV heroic 2/2? 8000-9000 haste or w/e it is + hero could defiantly boost it's RPPM by a shit ton, so maybe once i replace it the effects im seeing could diminish? not sure but its still something to look into
    It very likely WILL diminish yes.

    Anyone having fun with this awesome secrets quest? I love clearing 25ToT for a month and having 7 while our rogues are finished with the spear quest. WHOO!!!

    Still rocking 517 shin and 2pc T14
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-04-07 at 12:54 AM.

  18. #2278
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Fuck that then! hands behind the back running around for us!
    Fist of Justice is probably the exception because it's technically an offensive ability. I don't think it applies to Flash of Light or Hands.

    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Anyone having fun with this awesome secrets quest? I love clearing 25ToT for a month and having 7 while our rogues are finished with the spear quest. WHOO!!!

    Still rocking 517 shin and 2pc T14
    if you're not running LFR, do it just for secrets if you want more chances at them.

  19. #2279
    Banned anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Fist of Justice is probably the exception because it's technically an offensive ability. I don't think it applies to Flash of Light or Hands.


    if you're not running LFR, do it just for secrets if you want more chances at them.
    i thought you could only get 1 secret chance per kill a week like rep.

  20. #2280
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    if you're not running LFR, do it just for secrets if you want more chances at them.
    Quote Originally Posted by 81962660035
    We wanted to have a single shared chance per boss per week because we'd prefer to avoid making raiders who are killing bosses on non-Raid Finder runs to feel obligated to do Raid Finder specifically for Legendary quest drops. If those players want to do it for Valor or off-spec gear, that’s great, but doing Raid Finder shouldn’t be necessary for optimal Legendary acquisition.
    ^ blue quote, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8178768002#15

    Basically you get 1 chance per boss for an empire. Doesn't matter which difficult your first kill of the week was, if you didn't get a drop from the boss, you get no more for that boss for the rest of the week

    edit, and ofc Anaxie beats me to it rofl

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •