1. #281
    I think it's worth mentioning where the engy helm fits, it looks like it's a contender for t14 non-h gear.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-10-01 at 11:58 PM.

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    It's been mentioned several times.

    Sanctified Wrath will trump the rest in T14h
    Oh no, once that t14 bonus sets in of course. I know that. I'm talking about in the meantime. Are some of you pulling large DPS numbers with Sanctified Wrath as it currently stands?
    <Playground Bullies> of Zul'jin (4/13H)

    i5-3230M @ 2.6ghz - 16gb DDR3 - 1TB HDD - Dual 1gb 660m in SLI
    i5-3570k @ 3.4ghz - 8gb DDR3 - 128gb SSD Boot Drive / 1TB HDD - Radeon 2gb HD7700

  3. #283
    Banned anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,581
    Eng helm should be BIS for all non heroic raid helmets.

  4. #284
    I haven't the past few pages but I noticed that you didn't have the engi trinket on the 5man list. How does 600 hit 600 expertise 600 haste with a not too shabby dragonling proc fit in. I am wondering if it is better than carbuncle.

  5. #285
    So this is just something I've been thinking about a little, I'm an engineer and yesterday got the on-use str trinket from scholomance, what's the best way to use synapse springs with an on use trinket in general, obviously you want the on use trinket combined with your cooldowns so I thought of it with this scenario:

    Encounter starts > pop guardian and synapse springs, after 10 seconds synapse springs wear off, your guardian is ( hopefully) at max stacks so you pop your remaining cooldowns, wings and trinket first followed immediately by ES and right after that holy avenger.

    Now your execution sentence is 10 seconds behind your synapse springs, is it better to wait 10 seconds to use them together? in this case you're at 1:10 in the fight, meaning in 50 seconds HA will come off cooldown again with your on use trinket. however since you delayed ES sentence by 10 seconds it will be up halfway during your second HA, is it worth casting it during holy avenger, you obviously have your on use str trinket up but ES does nothing during holy avenger and you're potentially wasting 3 HP.

    Sorry if it looks messy and you don't get anything I just said, not really good at explaining stuff and writing long posts.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

  6. #286
    Anaxie, why do you use Sanctified wrath? Is it better for you despite having Lessons of the darkmaster?

  7. #287
    Napkin math puts the static stats of a Dragonling (600 hit/exp/haste) about 10% behind Carbonic Carbuncle. If the Dragonling proc does reasonable DPS, it may be a slight upgrade, especially if the proc scales.

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    Anaxie, why do you use Sanctified wrath? Is it better for you despite having Lessons of the darkmaster?
    because hes wierd

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    because hes wierd
    Glad to see you playing!

  10. #290
    Edit: Ignore i'm not reading properly and being a tard
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2012-10-02 at 05:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagittary View Post
    I don't think this is necessarily true for JC gems. The reason being you get 320 str per, for a total of 640 Str. Haste, you only get 480 per or 960 for both, which does not equal the double stat budget that the other gems (sun's radiance and primordial ruby's 320 and 160 respectively). That being said, you still do get a better benefit from the strength JC gems over the secondary stats, unless I'm missing something painfully obvious.
    The painfully obvious part is 960 haste is better than 640 strength.

  12. #292
    Honor pvp gear is getting nerfed (from 464 epic to 458 rare) and it certainly is going to affect the stats on it.Seems that dungeon hc gear is might be better for pre raid but we will see.

  13. #293
    Anaxie,

    Just wanted to throw this out there: Thanks for your hard work in putting this together. This has been extremely helpful in getting ready for my guild's raid next week.

    That being said, how will the new hotfix regarding pvp gear affect the list now pre-raid?

  14. #294
    Sorry if I missed this, but is there a reason why we gem for dual stat strength/haste instead of pure strength in red slots?

  15. #295
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    The painfully obvious part is 960 haste is better than 640 strength.
    You are wrong
    haste value compared to str is 0.54 : 1

    so 320 pure str gem > 480 haste
    LOL YOU CANT STOP MY HELL RIFTS!
    LOL THERE IS ANOTHER HELL RIFT! YOU WONT STOP THAT ONE
    LOL YOU DONT FKING NEED MY HELL RIFTS ANYWAYZ
    -Diablow Lord of Error

  16. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltoshen View Post
    Sorry if I missed this, but is there a reason why we gem for dual stat strength/haste instead of pure strength in red slots?
    80 str + 160 haste > 160 str
    160 haste > 80 str
    2 haste > 1 str
    Frost mages have been given one additional snare effect, so that they will be brought up to the level of other classes (combined).

  17. #297
    probably worth pointing out that JC only gems dont have the same 1primary stat : 2secondary stat, so that we will always want to use the Strength JC gems (+320 strength) becuase the haste JC gem is only +480haste
    Its going to stay that way unless the haste:strength ratio changes to > 0.66 : 1

    Despair are recruiting see RecuitPost for details or visit http://www.eu-despair.com

  18. #298
    Field Marshal Sagittary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    50
    I was going to say... I went back and rechecked my math 3 or 4 times to make sure I had my values in correctly, and I do. The haste JC comes close to surpassing the str JC in H T14, but it doesn't. If it was bumped to about 530 per, then we might switch then. As of now, strength is almost twice as good as haste, and we won't really have to start making decisions about whether to drop the str JC for haste probably until we start seeing garrosh dead.

  19. #299
    Quote Originally Posted by pavulon View Post
    You are wrong
    haste value compared to str is 0.54 : 1

    so 320 pure str gem > 480 haste
    Making up numbers doesn't help your case.

  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Making up numbers doesn't help your case.
    His numbers are from the stat simulations I did. However, he grabbed the wrong ones - the T14H numbers instead of preraid numbers. Basically, at the start of the tier, gem like we did in cata except haste instead of mastery. Str in reds, Str/haste in yellows, str/hit in blues unless you really need more hit or exp that you can't get anywhere else. By the T14H level, gem Str/haste in reds, Haste in yellows, haste/hit in blues.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •