Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    4-set's great for AOE when it procs and makes Divine Purpose even better for that Purpose, as well.. but, it's not so good for single target, which makes me think that the Guardian change could stick, seeing as we rely on our T15 set bonuses to compete atm. A change like Guardian at 3 minutes isn't so cut-and-dry in terms of "always stack cooldowns" and how we should use it in an actual fight. If a fight lasts 7 minutes, you wouldn't even want to stack it with your AW the second time around.

Either way, there's more changes to come for Ret, I suspect.

Already figured out their intent for the new Guardian a few posts back. If used on CD it will link up with wing at the same time it does today. It just wont give us as much Umph during Guardian based cooldowns or could be a DPS loss if they lowerered his attack damage by 45% aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    #1 Set bonus being worse making upgrading to T16 worthless unless they baseline buff Templar heavily baseline to compensate like DK's were offered this during ToT PTR for their 2 set damage.
    I think they might just make our T15 4-set baseline, maybe in a slightly lesser form.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    #2 Guardian of Ancient Kings at 3 mins is utterly fucking pointless and needs it's power <if they are nerfing for lower CD> to match the cooldown and the CD should make sense for ret 2mins or 4mins.
    Like I said, Guardian at 3 minutes isn't so cut-and-dry for cooldown stacking so I can see what they're going for with the change. Cooldowns don't have to always stack to be useful, especially with 1/6th uptime on Guardian.

Oh yeah and set bonuses are okay to be weak (for me) as long as they compensate with our baseline stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    I think they might just make our T15 4-set baseline, maybe in a slightly lesser form.

Like I said, Guardian at 3 minutes isn't so cut-and-dry for cooldown stacking so I can see what they're going for with the change. Cooldowns don't have to always stack to be useful, especially with 1/6th uptime on Guardian.
    While they have made tiersets baseline in the past. I think them doing TV baseline would be something not to hold your breath for. It makes too much sense. Ret isn't supposed to make sense.

We truely need to emphasis during PTR how inferior new 4 set is to current. Maybe if we don't get baseline we can atleast see a 350% TV weapon strike and slightly better 4 set mechanics.

Would someone mind asking about the DS set on Twitter and ask GC if "free" means only Holy power or TRULY free and off the GCD. Since it's damage single target is so lackluster.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-06-12 at 02:27 PM.

It most likely won't be off GCD because then you'd have every ret just macroing ds to every single ability that triggers gcd.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxicity View Post
    It most likely won't be off GCD because then you'd have every ret just macroing ds to every single ability that triggers gcd.
    Unless I'm missing something, I don't think that would work because if the 4set doesn't proc, it would make you spend 3 HP on DS instead of TV/Inq

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Unless I'm missing something, I don't think that would work because if the 4set doesn't proc, it would make you spend 3 HP on DS instead of TV/Inq
    He's right... alot of ppl may be thinking that "oh ill just make a EXO/DS macro" for example.. but if you put exo as the 1st ability used.. it triggers GCD and stops the macro.... but in the other respect of you were to put DS 1st then when you do have 3 HP it would spend the HP on the DS and then trigger GCD and your exo would not be cast.. its not as simple as just making a DS macro on every ability.

Also I remember seeing them say some wheres that they were going to make this tier very add heavy but I cant find the blue post atm... it may have been in with the post where they wanted to make melee more desired to compete with ranged when they were talking about melees new "niche" .

So I can see their reasoning for trying to push an aoe based 4 set... but they need to take another look an realize that this set really really needs work ,

Hell if they are planning on having this be an AOE heavy tier... give us a 4 set that allows our DS to spread our censure to multi targets.. you know what... it dosent even have to be censure... make DS apply its own dot when it hits 2+targets so we would not feel like we need to keep up a DS dot during single target .. and make the DS dot weaker than censure so we dont get stupid crazy aoe dps..

there problem solved.. that is assuming that this tier is going to be AOE heavy
    Last edited by Zabannith; 2013-06-12 at 03:52 PM.

New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Paladin into a Warrior.

I really just want them to bring back DS as a part of our rotation. I miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZABANNITH View Post
    He's right...
    He is not. Just macro Crusader Strike with LoH, Guardian, AD and so on.

Quick question about trinkets. Would lfr Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun be better than normal thunderforged Gaze of the Twins?

Quote Originally Posted by macstallion View Post
    Quick question about trinkets. Would lfr Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun be better than normal thunderforged Gaze of the Twins?
    Yes, hands down for those massive ES.

New guardian stacks only to 12 down from 20.

Bleh, still a buff I guess.

So I thought to myself, would it be so bad if all they at this very moment in time was to give us T15 4-set at 25-30% proc rate baseline, change the current T15 4-set to be something bland and be done with Ret for the rest of the PTR? If they did that, I'd be absolutely fine with it. It's OK having a weakness (cleaving) as long as we're really good at the other stuff.

The amount of haste on our t16 gear is depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheous View Post
    The amount of haste on our t16 gear is depressing.
    I thought the gear from the front page just has the same stats as T15 gear? As in they basically re-posted T15 with scaled iLvs. Or am I going crazy?
    Exorcising Undead in the name of the Silver Hand!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...homerun/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Dmchomerun View Post
    I thought the gear from the front page just has the same stats as T15 gear? As in they basically re-posted T15 with scaled iLvs. Or am I going crazy?
    I didn't even notice, but you're right. I just moused over it and saw a bunch of hit and mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbringer View Post
    Brutal talisman.
    What about 522 Spark; go with a 502 Feather or Brutal Talisman?

Quote Originally Posted by Kragshot View Post
    What about 522 Spark; go with a 502 Feather or Brutal Talisman?
    Probably feather, this one is harder to tell than the last one without simming though.

GC didn't reply to tweet.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Josh/advanced
    #thunderclub
    [22:04:20.636] Josh Templar's Verdict Lei Shen *825815*

That...that t16 set bonus is a joke, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Beth clearly did not understand the rules to Paper Rock Scissors Gun.
    Let's look fabulous~. A Paladin transmogrifier item list.

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    That...that t16 set bonus is a joke, right?
    Why, do you think its overpowered or something?