i expected something much better for final patch legendary that had something to do with weapon (leg wepaon, upgrade on wep , whatever). If this is all its really disapointing...

This really isn't that bad, actually. far superior to any legendary weapon proc we could have received that remained within reasonable game balance.

It's worded interestingly too, critical strike damage? crit damage modifier a la skullbanner? don't think i've ever heard of a crit chance increase refered to as 'damage'. then again i've never paid much attention to shit stats. Having it proc from our highest rating might be quite a boon aswell, althought that's redundant since we've yet to see finalized stat budgets on t16 gear. since it appears the cap to the proc is 15% to any given stat, it would be viable (already is) to stop stacking haste at the ~35.5% haste level. and start full strength/expertise + mastery gemming. depending on its proc frequency, this could probably be the most powerful 'legendary' we've ever had.

Mechagnome
    before we go all doom n gloom once more, id like to point out that it specifically says that there will be ANOTHER REWARD from the golden lotus after killing garrosh, you get the cloak by getting the 50 coins and killing the celestials. it is still very possible that we will still get the chance at a legendary weapon. also, i find crit in large sums to be very useful. considering we already get close to 30% ish in BIS gear with inquisitions base 10%, having another large boost could be interesting for our burst. and depending on the cloak's true uptime we may end up shifting some stats out of haste. but this is all speculation so far.
    (dunno what our crit chance really is, i just know mine is pretty damn close to 30% with all raid buffs being 540ilevel and all)

Quote Originally Posted by Reghame View Post
    before we go all doom n gloom once more, id like to point out that it specifically says that there will be ANOTHER REWARD from the golden lotus after killing garrosh, you get the cloak by getting the 50 coins and killing the celestials. it is still very possible that we will still get the chance at a legendary weapon.
    I'm thinking this too. Blizzard knows people would complain if the final legendary reward is a cloak. I still think we'll get weapon.

Do you guys seal swap to SoJ after getting censure up on your target, and then swap back to reapply it?
    Jaling (Retribution Paladin)

Twitch (Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday | 9pm - 12am server)

I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    The cloak is the final reward from Wrathion, Golden Lotus will most likely give you a heavy grind quest with a sizable bag of gold with some sort of event at the end that'll give you a weapon of sorts. Was confirmed by a blue post ages ago that they had plans for a legendary weapon.

The Golden Lotus reward is probablly going to be relativly unobtainable for non raiders (that includes LFR and "easy mode") or at least I hope so.

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 11:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jaling View Post
    Do you guys seal swap to SoJ after getting censure up on your target, and then swap back to reapply it?
    depends on the situation, buffs, debuffs, how many targets, which spells you have that are on cd (Execution Sentence mainly) and so on.
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

Mechagnome
    usually you should not seal swap to SoJ, its gain is relatively low if any and you run a high risk of running out of mana considering the mana costs on seals is close to what 12000 or so? only time seal swapping is preferable in PVE is if your gona be AOeing down a lot of mobs at once like lei shen balls or megaera adds.

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 08:27 PM ----------

oh also, hunting, as far as im aware, they have stated NO WHERE that the cloak is your final reward, nor have they stated what the final reward WILL be or how it will be completed. just that there will be ANOTHER part after garrosh with the golden lotus that WILL grant a legendary. considering their past motive on making the game more fun for your average player base i would assume everyone will be able to attain that final piece, making it only for raiders and HC raiders would be a just a faulty move and something they have been completely against since they launched wrath until now.
    at the end of the day i do not think they would simply do something so foolish as to say a cape is legendary enough for everyone, until then, we just need to wait and see.

Update- https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/348910693828923392

Notice he says "arms you with a legendary".

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post

soooo, we get someone arm as a legendary? whos shoulder socket did we rip it off of, chuck noris? or mankrick?

Got heroic feather and finally replaced my LFR ring today, pretty happy. Still no weapon though. 6/13H and climbing woo!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post

Yes he "arms" you with an augmented cloak before that kill quest if MMO champion bothered to read the text before posting random shit on frontpage.

Also as far as weapon goes. Better pray for a "starts quest drop" like the lich king chest's when you are on his "kill" quest. Our only shot at a weapon is if this golden lotus shit pans out. And I truely hope it does honestly. Can we just have one single tier not to worry about a weapon ever?

I mean cmon. Wrathion HAS to be hiding our oranage weapons in that huge locked jewleled chest inside his house that he keeps guarded.

Watch 5.5 come out and be a legion invasion or a 3 boss raid or some shit and Wrathion be like. AMG they are here guys take these and defend our world. YOLO /Battlecharge
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-06-24 at 07:24 AM.

Don't ever go "YOLO", just don't.

-----------------------------------

Wrathion will probably reward a legendary cloak (for everyone) to satisfy the majority of players that's been on the quest this entire expansion, then Golden Lotus will give you the wep (at least I think so) and whatever quest the Golden Lotus folk send you out on isn't going to be completable unless you raid normal or heroic because that final reward is most likely a weapon which blizzard don't want everyone to run around with making raid weapons useless. Having everyone run around with a legendary cloak with some special effect? ok, it's a cloak. Having everyone running around with a unique lore connected weapon? No, doubt blizzard (or players) would be okay with everyone having that.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2013-06-24 at 10:27 AM.
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

you only yolo once only once

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilanti View Post
    you only yolo once only once
    you only you only live once once only once.

That's what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post

That's what you said.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post

That's what you said.
    so YOYOLOOOO?I propose that this becomes the new YOLO!

and now back to regular programming.

we haven't datamined any items yet, only a single proc. It can and will change.
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

too much yolo going on here
    yoloception

Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    too much yolo going on here
    yoloception
    My Rogue is actually in a guild called "YOLO SWAG"... it was the first level 25 guild who sent me an invite, and honestly, I don't care about the guild name, I just do it for the bonuses.
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    My Rogue is actually in a guild called "YOLO SWAG"... it was the first level 25 guild who sent me an invite, and honestly, I don't care about the guild name, I just do it for the bonuses.
    best guild name eu

My hunters name is Yolo. $$
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Josh/advanced
    #thunderclub
    [22:04:20.636] Josh Templar's Verdict Lei Shen *825815*