1. #3841
    Banned anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Reghame View Post
    seems like there is a new update for our glyphs, Glyph of the battle healer now transfers the heal from Seal of Insight to the lowest health raid member instead of the paladin.
    I guess they don't want ret or prot to use the glyph i suppose, considering its just a all round worse for both unless the heal number from insight shoots up somewhat. Oh well, i would have preferred if they had just made the glyph work on all damage and be ret only though. but i guess that's not where they wanted to go with it. we shall see though if they change it again.
    Wow I thought it just produced a single heal not transfered SoI with this version. What a fucking garbage glyph I feel bad for our prot paladin now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    also... Do killing adds on boss fights "roll" the new inquisition glyph? anyone tried?

  2. #3842
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    also... Do killing adds on boss fights "roll" the new inquisition glyph? anyone tried?
    I Hope so.

  3. #3843
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Wow I thought it just produced a single heal not transfered SoI with this version. What a fucking garbage glyph I feel bad for our prot paladin now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    also... Do killing adds on boss fights "roll" the new inquisition glyph? anyone tried?
    I would assume so, considering they give victory rush procs

    Sha of Fear Melee hit You 372908 Physical. (766625 Overkill) (Critical)
    Begging us to buff is sometimes easier than trying to beat the boss.(Source)

  4. #3844
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Wow I thought it just produced a single heal not transfered SoI with this version. What a fucking garbage glyph I feel bad for our prot paladin now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    also... Do killing adds on boss fights "roll" the new inquisition glyph? anyone tried?
    They should. It goes up to 3 minutes btw. That's only if you get the killing blow, though.

  5. #3845
    I just got the heroic TF ring from the hydra but cant make use of the hit on it because of the council sword and feather. Is it better to stick with the valor ring?

  6. #3846
    Yes DWguild, you will get more dps out of valor ring than HTF Magera ring if the hit is entirely wasted.

  7. #3847
    I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    5,560
    The crit + free FoL procs from Ball Lightning adds on Lei Shen so yes the new inq glyph will work. Only if you get last hit though which isn't common in 25.
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

    Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

  8. #3848
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    The crit + free FoL procs from Ball Lightning adds on Lei Shen so yes the new inq glyph will work. Only if you get last hit though which isn't common in 25.
    even if you get few last hits, Inq will still last a long time if it procs. it can divert some holy power from inq to TV.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Let's sum up the issues with the 4P T16, shall we? I don't want to compare it to the current 4P, because that's just too OP.

    1) AoE skill in single target rotation.
    2) needs an extra button press.
    3) no room in rotation for extra button presses, so takes the spot of a builder.
    4) does not build HP, so costs 1/3 of a TV in opportunity cost.
    5) only procs 4 times per minute with optimal conditions on average.

    I think this are the biggest issues with the 4P. I am certain Anaxie can add some to it.
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

  9. #3849
    Field Marshal bacildaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    greece
    Posts
    62
    4set feels total crap , its too RNG and it fucking expires, if it procs during AW or when you have aow procs and just cant spare a gcd for it its a wasted proc , even in an aoe situation you need favorable rng to get a good benefit from it.... .

  10. #3850
    Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    1) AoE skill in single target rotation.
    And why exactly is this a problem ?
    This (and Shadowmourne) is what made us more than competitive in many fights back in Wrath / ICC, when the t10 bonus gave us spammable Divine Storms. Passive cleaves in a single target rotation was removed because Blizzard thought it was too favorable for us/warriors (and left it in place for DKs and many others, go figure).
    It seems this tier will comprise many aoe fights, why are we complaining about free aoe ?

    But I agree with the rest of the points you made.

  11. #3851
    Plus doing 1% more damage to undead and guarenteed exo crit on undead.

    Sha of Fear Melee hit You 372908 Physical. (766625 Overkill) (Critical)
    Begging us to buff is sometimes easier than trying to beat the boss.(Source)

  12. #3852
    Quote Originally Posted by Alviarin View Post
    And why exactly is this a problem ?
    This (and Shadowmourne) is what made us more than competitive in many fights back in Wrath / ICC, when the t10 bonus gave us spammable Divine Storms. Passive cleaves in a single target rotation was removed because Blizzard thought it was too favorable for us/warriors (and left it in place for DKs and many others, go figure).
    It seems this tier will comprise many aoe fights, why are we complaining about free aoe ?

    But I agree with the rest of the points you made.
    no, the reason why Blizzard removed passive cleaves was because they wanted single target and AoE rotations to feel and play different. every class uses a different rotation depending on the presence of adds, and often even depending on the amount of adds, whether it's multidotting, swapping one skill for another, or even changing all abilities.

    the main reason why AoE in single target is a nuisance is because it means you cannot use that skill when there's a target nearby you should not hit, like CCs or dangerous reactive skills. that's why they removed it from paladins and warriors while leaving it there for frost DKs, because they can still use icy touch. meanwhile, the unholy disease AoE on crit was removed. and I can't remember any others which were left intact.
    Last edited by nzall; 2013-07-10 at 01:27 PM.
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

  13. #3853
    Banned anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    even if you get few last hits, Inq will still last a long time if it procs. it can divert some holy power from inq to TV.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Let's sum up the issues with the 4P T16, shall we? I don't want to compare it to the current 4P, because that's just too OP.

    1) AoE skill in single target rotation.
    2) needs an extra button press.
    3) no room in rotation for extra button presses, so takes the spot of a builder.
    4) does not build HP, so costs 1/3 of a TV in opportunity cost.
    5) only procs 4 times per minute with optimal conditions on average.

    I think this are the biggest issues with the 4P. I am certain Anaxie can add some to it.
    Only issue is single target damage for it is lacking. The rest doesn't matter period. Alot of the stuff like "aoe in single target" wasn't BAD it was just a way to push them away from this bonus and to a better one the last time around. That apparently isn't going to work again.

    Hilariously enough the FIRST T15 bonus had DS to extra damage to the PRIMARY target. That actually what we would like NOW. More damage to the primary. Go figure.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    no, the reason why Blizzard removed passive cleaves was because they wanted single target and AoE rotations to feel and play different. every class uses a different rotation depending on the presence of adds, and often even depending on the amount of adds, whether it's multidotting, swapping one skill for another, or even changing all abilities.

    the main reason why AoE in single target is a nuisance is because it means you cannot use that skill when there's a target nearby you should not hit, like CCs or dangerous reactive skills. that's why they removed it from paladins and warriors while leaving it there for frost DKs, because they can still use icy touch. meanwhile, the unholy disease AoE on crit was removed. and I can't remember any others which were left intact.
    Lets be honest CC in raid's ins't used unless it's a stun or silence and if an ability is reactionary the target likely won't be near anything else that you are hitting or it will be the only one in which case you would hit nothing anyway. I can't think of any reason to CC in the last 3 expansions.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I'm kinda hoping next expac we get overhauled again and the 1 second GCD baseline and a rework of DS entirely.

    Not fond of starting from the ground up with slow motion rotation again. it's agonizing enough when I have to hit ES.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-07-10 at 01:40 PM.

  14. #3854
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Lets be honest CC in raid's ins't used unless it's a stun or silence and if an ability is reactionary the target likely won't be near anything else that you are hitting or it will be the only one in which case you would hit nothing anyway. I can't think of any reason to CC in the last 3 expansions.
    Back in WotLK, when we used cons, one issue was with saurfang adds. and on Omnotron, if we still used DS on ST, we could have had incidental hits on the shielded.

    as for CC, we had a very important CC boss back in HoF, Wind Lord Mel'jarak, and even one where AoE is encouraged.
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

  15. #3855
    Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    Back in WotLK, when we used cons, one issue was with saurfang adds. and on Omnotron, if we still used DS on ST, we could have had incidental hits on the shielded.

    as for CC, we had a very important CC boss back in HoF, Wind Lord Mel'jarak, and even one where AoE is encouraged.
    We didn't cc anything on wind lord progression.

    Sha of Fear Melee hit You 372908 Physical. (766625 Overkill) (Critical)
    Begging us to buff is sometimes easier than trying to beat the boss.(Source)

  16. #3856
    Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    We didn't cc anything on wind lord progression.
    You didn't. Others did. Not everyone is in one of the best guilds on the server.
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

  17. #3857
    Banned anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    Back in WotLK, when we used cons, one issue was with saurfang adds. and on Omnotron, if we still used DS on ST, we could have had incidental hits on the shielded.

    as for CC, we had a very important CC boss back in HoF, Wind Lord Mel'jarak, and even one where AoE is encouraged.
    Saurfang adds? You wanted to aoe the fuck out of them what you talking about? Jar procs man, Jar procs.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    You didn't. Others did. Not everyone is in one of the best guilds on the server.
    Why would adds be CCed ontop of boss? what the fuck?

  18. #3858
    On Lei Shi 25hm maye !?

  19. #3859
    Banned anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,417
    If adds live long enough for one divine storm to cause issues you were doing it wrong.

    That and not playing retarded is a fundamental part of any game.

  20. #3860
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If adds live long enough for one divine storm to cause issues you were doing it wrong.

    That and not playing retarded is a fundamental part of any game.
    Look, there might not have been any recent examples of AoE skills in single target rotations causing issues, especially if you're going by DPS. but for example, back in ToC, faction champions took reduced AoE damage. and on DS, some adds weren't targeted by AoE by design. AoE in such cases would reduce our DPS by a substantial margin, especially when compared to classes like rogues, enhancement shamans and mages, who didn't have AoE skills in their single target rotation.
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •