1. #4201
    Quote Originally Posted by xarxz View Post
    i mean having it as lowest priority below absolutely everything else
    uhhhh no? you need to resets to fill gcds atm and it debuffs. If it's lowest right now you're doing it wrong.

    infact if you have 2 holy power and a holy tv proc and the choice between Exo and CS you would Exo > burn TV> then CS. The finer points of ret dps brah

    And no it's not for the debuff it's to produce more HTVs rather then making Crusader strike be a dead 0% proc
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-08-22 at 03:26 PM.

  2. #4202
    ive been doing it past few weeks and getting quite good results. my cs is hitting alot harder than exo and id rather keep it on cd and boost my 4p procs than exo. even with the debuff uptime, its usually reset by the next time i have a spare gcd.

    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    snip
    RE: priority
    yes that is what i do, i dont re-hit cs once i have the 4p proc unless im stuck on 2hp and j/exo are on cd somehow
    Last edited by xarxz; 2013-08-22 at 03:51 PM.

  3. #4203
    Quote Originally Posted by xarxz View Post
    ive been doing it past few weeks and getting quite good results. my cs is hitting alot harder than exo and id rather keep it on cd and boost my 4p procs than exo. even with the debuff uptime, its usually reset by the next time i have a spare gcd.



    yes that is what i do, i dont re-hit cs once i have the 4p proc unless im stuck on 2hp and j/exo are on cd somehow
    You say "somehow" like it doesn't happen more then once a minute. Thats just how it is.

  4. #4204
    yet there is absolutely nothing to guarantee that you cant be in the same situation if you prioritise exo. you need that aow proc or youre going to be stuck with nothing to hit if youre low on HP

    i don't really want to get too much into this but I think that its perfectly viable at current gear levels. it definitely has its shortcomings (the situation you mentioned occurring occasionally, slightly lower 2p uptime) and has its merits (high HP generation and more 4p procs). something to think about (not that it matters with patch coming soon).

  5. #4205
    High Overlord Zardox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    154
    Found a pretty cool website today.

    <Snip>

    Please make sure that what you're posting/linking to adds to the discussion at hand and is relevant.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-08-22 at 09:37 PM.

  6. #4206
    Mechagnome ujx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    671
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    How can you ignore something that gives a damage debuff and fills empty gcds currently?

    - - - Updated - - -



    What was your rotation with T16 though?
    Inq > ES> TV/DS5 > DP(< 2sec)> HoW > CS > J > DP > exo > 4pc

  7. #4207
    So, at what point will we want to switch to T16? If we have heroic updated T15? When we get Heroic T16? Only for AoE fights?
    ---- Nvm, I see this information on the front page.

    Is it pretty much a given that the 3 trinkets (one AoE and the two listed on the front page) are hands down our BiS? There's not a Primo-like trinket hiding in the wings? Have they been all tested or just because of the CDR and Stat amplification are we just promoting them to BiS?

    I see the link on the front page that has the 2/2 warforged set with enchants, etc. Now you have Haste centered gems in it? While earlier there was links to one with Mastery as the priority. Which one is going to be what we strive for? Did we scrap going for Mastery?
    Last edited by Tanyn; 2013-08-22 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Added a line about tier set.

  8. #4208
    Hmm, so got Heroic TG Boris last night, wonder if I should keep coining Heroic Lei Shen for Heroic TG Uroe.

  9. #4209
    Hey so I am not sure that using AHK's is against the ToU. If its not can anyone point me in the right direction to get a good script for it. Also who has some WeakAura's strings for Rets would love to see what everyone else is using. Thanks.

  10. #4210
    Quote Originally Posted by will32 View Post
    Also who has some WeakAura's strings for Rets would love to see what everyone else is using. Thanks.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...onal-Weakauras!

  11. #4211
    So I've been an reader of MMO champ for years but never made an account till now. I recently rerolled to ret paladin and have limited time to gear up (3 weeks to be precise) before SoO is released, will do 3 weeks of 10 man heroic clears but will be limited to whatever gear drops in this short time frame.

    My question is: Is it worth dropping t15 4p (if that has to use a piece or two of lfr/normal) for heroic or heroic thunderforged gear? If not would SoO gear follow the same rules or would the extra str/secondaries outweigh the 4p?

    Edit: Typos

  12. #4212
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but once the 4pc is attained in combination with DP, that should move the 4pc proc far higher in the priority even on single target since it can both proc itself AND DP. It stands to reason that the more 3HP procs you can generate that take up GCDs you would otherwise be spending on lower damage HP generators, the more dps you would do. Combine the 25% chance to proc DP as well as the 4pc on any finisher, as well as the fact that either and both can proc each other, with the fact that neither of the GCDs from TV or DS benefit from haste, and you have yourself a recipe for some really interesting secondary stat choices in 5.4.

    And isn't that what will be both very interesting and fun about our 4tier bonus and the DP talent? Both can proc either one or both simultaneously. It has to present some very serious problems with regard to simulations and stat weights, and I would imagine with the way secondary stats are scaling for us this upcoming tier that we can no longer simply rely on a simulation to tell us exactly what is going to be the most efficient way to itemize our gear. I think its a brave new world out there, and I can't wait to meet it head on!
    Last edited by Cartavadin; 2013-08-23 at 08:30 AM.

  13. #4213
    Stood in the Fire Weightlifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    463
    I'm happy with the amount of haste 2H weapons in T16. There was none in T14, and only one in T15 and it was extremely rare.

  14. #4214
    High Overlord Zardox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartavadin View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but once the 4pc is attained in combination with DP, that should move the 4pc proc far higher in the priority even on single target since it can both proc itself AND DP. It stands to reason that the more 3HP procs you can generate that take up GCDs you would otherwise be spending on lower damage HP generators, the more dps you would do.
    Why would you use an ability that has no CD over one that does? Getting your abilities on CD will generally be a DPS increase. You will use the proc either way when you hit five holy power so you will never lose any procs.

  15. #4215
    No. If I remember right Wep BiS is Greatsword/Boris --> Uroe ------------> Council Sword.

  16. #4216
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntadin View Post
    So I've been an reader of MMO champ for years but never made an account till now. I recently rerolled to ret paladin and have limited time to gear up (3 weeks to be precise) before SoO is released, will do 3 weeks of 10 man heroic clears but will be limited to whatever gear drops in this short time frame.

    My question is: Is it worth dropping t15 4p (if that has to use a piece or two of lfr/normal) for heroic or heroic thunderforged gear? If not would SoO gear follow the same rules or would the extra str/secondaries outweigh the 4p?

    Edit: Typos
    4p easily outweighs any gear increases. It is an 8-10% dps increase in its own.

    T16 is really well itemized. You are going to be hard pressed to find many better itemized offset items.
    Currently only reading the Funny Pictures Megathread because the rest of the forums is filled with piss, whiners and pissed whiners.

  17. #4217
    Quote Originally Posted by Kragshot View Post
    Anyway I never got an answer to my previous question; is using the Primordius trinket over the Spark a valid choice at 522 ilvls? Right now, my haste is above 14K without the spark, but with my TF spark it's at 16K. Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Hey, I was waiting to see if anybody would get to your question who would know better because I've never had a spark, nobody has bitten though. I think that spark would be better at that gear lvl. Especially if yours is TF and the talisman isn't.

  18. #4218
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartavadin View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but once the 4pc is attained in combination with DP, that should move the 4pc proc far higher in the priority even on single target since it can both proc itself AND DP. It stands to reason that the more 3HP procs you can generate that take up GCDs you would otherwise be spending on lower damage HP generators, the more dps you would do. Combine the 25% chance to proc DP as well as the 4pc on any finisher, as well as the fact that either and both can proc each other, with the fact that neither of the GCDs from TV or DS benefit from haste, and you have yourself a recipe for some really interesting secondary stat choices in 5.4.


    And isn't that what will be both very interesting and fun about our 4tier bonus and the DP talent? Both can proc either one or both simultaneously. It has to present some very serious problems with regard to simulations and stat weights, and I would imagine with the way secondary stats are scaling for us this upcoming tier that we can no longer simply rely on a simulation to tell us exactly what is going to be the most efficient way to itemize our gear. I think its a brave new world out there, and I can't wait to meet it head on!
    Proc in higher priority is what me and Solsacra figured. Likely going to be hitting Exo as minimal as possible if ever.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoons View Post
    No. If I remember right Wep BiS is Greatsword/Boris --> Uroe ------------> Council Sword.
    depends on gear and expertise levels. Boris would overcap me with gear I have now so Uroe> Boris

  19. #4219
    Would any one be so kind as to post a macro for execution sentence and synapse springs.

  20. #4220
    /use 10
    /cast Execution Sentence


    I don't use this personally, I use one macro that uses Synapse Springs with LH or ES (whichever is talented) so I don't have to have 2 diff keybinds.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Throwing this out there again because it was skipped over and I'd really like to see what's up with it..

    "I see the link on the front page that has the 2/2 warforged set with enchants, etc. Now you have Haste centered gems in it? While earlier there was links to one with Mastery as the priority. Which one is going to be what we strive for? Did we scrap going for Mastery?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •