Could anyone advice me what is the best Tier 5 talent for ret? I am currently running with Holy Avenger, but seems that Sanctified Wrath is almost the same dps, when I try it on dummy... What do you guys prefer?

Sanctified Wrath all the way.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

HA is better until you get 4t14.

Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    HA is better until you get 4t14.
    It's really close but imo SW pulls ahead because of haste stacking which makes it alot better, yeah maybe for a few fights it's okay but I'm sticking with SW.

with my current haste my HoW cd gets down to 1.56 during heroism, praying hard for a haste on use trinket to drop, I might be a HoW spam machine if it drops.

Hey ppl,i am in dilema which gloves to use from these: Starcrusher Gauntlets (raid finder) or Ghost Reaver's Gauntlets ( BS ones),not sure if its worth going for haste bonus instead of str one....

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    It's really close but imo SW pulls ahead because of haste stacking which makes it alot better, yeah maybe for a few fights it's okay but I'm sticking with SW.

with my current haste my HoW cd gets down to 1.56 during heroism, praying hard for a haste on use trinket to drop, I might be a HoW spam machine if it drops.
    SA might be better but HA is great if you need more on demand damage during progress so while I agree I think HA is better on many fights at the moment.

I guess this is something like common sense to all retri palas here except that there is no need to kill anything in spirit realm, just loh yourself and come out.
    Ranked #1 last night.
    Thats what me and my fellow ret do aswell.

Our first kill last week we had #1 and #2 in our meters with about 88/86k.
    This week he had had a ridiculous kill with 98k at the end, with me having a measely 88k >:/

(log is private, though i try to re-upload it on my private logs, for starters i'll copy paste this

Sejlina 35365557 6.40% 99256.1 98511.6 356.3s 99.4% (fellow Ret)
    Îsaac 32510796 5.88% 100163.9 90559.6 324.6s 90.5% (fucking Affliction WL that goes down 1-2 times)
    Horstine 31647914 5.73% 88830.8 88156.0 356.3s 99.4% (me *sadpanda*)

We both play with Holy Avenger and T11-Prot4Piece.

Prot4pc->prepot->Bloodlust/Avenger/AvengingWrath->2mins in 2nd Holy Avenger
    We hit 23% percent at around 5 minutes in, both take the same totem, LoH, back up -> pot/HA/AW/Guardian

There are some ridiculous 400-500k Peaks in those 25 following seconds.

I have 6,9k Haste, he has around 1k more, due to Galleonchest and no need for hit Enchants + elegon-hands, while i play with both bs-pieces.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balhale View Post
    Gems will not make or break your dps period. Switching between the two strong gemming styles even less so.
    Haste is only better especially on Elegon, with no haste you're gonna be holy power starved on the energy charges which is quite bad, seeing they move faster after each wave.

Deleted
    I've gemmed for STR and I ranked 6th(updated) on FengH this week with 91k dps with an ilvl of 480 on the kill(Barely getting any items from raids).

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ox25w6atx00z00ms/sum/damageDone/?s=2245&e=2738#Rikh - FengH

worldoflogs.com/reports/edrim7atf20uln8n/sum/damageDone/?s=2972&e=3334#Rikh - Gara'jalH 3% wipe, would've ranked around 5-6 had this been a kill.

Raid dps is still too shitty to kill Gara so we wiped on the 6min marker pretty much. Both of these logs my ilvl is around 480 with LFR Starshatter. Some of you guys need to try harder~
    Last edited by mmocd33b83f790; 2012-10-19 at 02:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobed90 View Post
    I've gemmed for STR and I ranked 4th on FengH this week with 91k dps with an ilvl of 480 on the kill(Barely getting any items from raids).

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ox25w6atx00z00ms/sum/damageDone/?s=2245&e=2738#Rikh - FengH

worldoflogs.com/reports/edrim7atf20uln8n/sum/damageDone/?s=2972&e=3334#Rikh - Gara'jal 3% wipe

Raid dps is still too shitty to kill Gara so we wiped on the 6min marker pretty much. Both of these kills my ilvl is around 480 with LFR Starshatter. Some of you guys need to try harder~
    Kick Dirge

*cough*
    not true
    *cough*
    *cough*
    you need to go back and read his post (series of posts perhaps) again
    *cough*

Pretty sure you missed what he was saying entirely.

I guess this is something like common sense to all retri palas here except that there is no need to kill anything in spirit realm, just loh yourself and come out.
    Ranked #1 last night.
    Wish i could dps and not be the shield bitch rolling Hands and SS's on tanks -_- The is based on amount of heal casts recueved. You'/d be better flashing and single woging yoursle fthe max then poping out with wings.

Still clever. I was too busy making up for healer slack.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-10-19 at 09:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    < snip >

You were alive 99.6% on the Gara kill, Why only 1 Avenging Wrath?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Random question: Holy Avenger vs Divine Purpose. Let's say I have two on-use trinkets ( I can always line one up with HA ). Is the dps difference huge and/or is it based on DP RNG ? Like if I have low, average or good amount of procs. Also I never delay DP procs ( I hope for chaining it lul ) - I suppose that's a bad playstyle too. Am i losing 1k , 2k , 3k dps or even more ? Or it's RNG somewhat again.

DP kind of sucks in raids because stacking CDs around your trinkets and etc is actually extremely powerful. Compounded by several bosses in this tier having "burst" phases.
    Divine, Unmarred and Electrified
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Demaio/simple
    Retired(ish)

Quote Originally Posted by Floross View Post
    Bleh , running out of keybinds .... I might go the lazy route and pick SW.
    Macro HA with AW?

I have been trying out all 3 for a bit, and although DP feels smooth (your rotation becomes more tolerant and reduces time your sitting on your thumbs), SW really feels like the winner. Obviously, with also EJ (hey Balhale) agreeing, its more clear to me, gogo SW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Checking all top parses Sanctified Wrath is the most common used T5 CD followed by HA and very very few top parses use DP.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    You were alive 99.6% on the Gara kill, Why only 1 Avenging Wrath?
    Because I was bad okay?

need to check on that. Might've missed it in the chaos.

Died at low boss %, mashed my cds and prob AV didn't get off. I was also throwing out everything I had on tanks and shit iirc, don't usually play that bad though. If you want you can check the other logs of that night etc...

btw... need a new wep and trinket... I should go 2s arena for shoulders... but *sigh* pvp... just the idea of it hurts fucking unbalanced shit.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2012-10-20 at 01:18 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because I was bad okay?

need to check on that. Might've missed it in the chaos.

Died at low boss %, mashed my cds and prob AV didn't get off. I was also throwing out everything I had on tanks and shit iirc, don't usually play that bad though. If you want you can check the other logs of that night etc...

btw... need a new wep and trinket... I should go 2s arena for shoulders... but *sigh* pvp... just the idea of it hurts fucking unbalanced shit.
    Just find a BM Hunter and take advantage of the points before Blizzard fixes them.