I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    So, 2 weeks of full clears and my guild has in total gotten 4 pieces of loot that ret can use (not counting tier tokens) I think this was insanely low so I decided to check loot tables. Turns out every single boss that drops a wep for us is a tier boss which means you have 3 loot spots for the non-tier loot, add that up with the fierce competition for weapons (and thok trinket...) and you're gonna have to be insanely lucky to get your core items this tier... Even if you coin for weapons you have the same chance to coin tier (or any other loot from that boss) as you have to coin your wep... Honestly I feel like this is a major fuckup by blizzard even if we have 3 good weapons to choose from and the nazgrim mace.
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

in good guilds drops are handed to who ever needs them most, so when you raid more you will eventually get your

Blademaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    So, 2 weeks of full clears and my guild has in total gotten 4 pieces of loot that ret can use (not counting tier tokens) I think this was insanely low so I decided to check loot tables. Turns out every single boss that drops a wep for us is a tier boss which means you have 3 loot spots for the non-tier loot, add that up with the fierce competition for weapons (and thok trinket...) and you're gonna have to be insanely lucky to get your core items this tier... Even if you coin for weapons you have the same chance to coin tier (or any other loot from that boss) as you have to coin your wep... Honestly I feel like this is a major fuckup by blizzard even if we have 3 good weapons to choose from and the nazgrim mace.
    ye dont look at my armory then ;-D

Quote Originally Posted by Aiya View Post
    But really no one here is doing this math. Where are the hard numbers?
    All I hear are complaints, that Simcraft and Exemplar must be wrong. At least they do math.
    I require my students to do Math(s). It doesn't stop them sometimes deciding that the distance to Mars is about 45 miles.
    Retribution Paladin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Thete#2661

Warchief
    They should at least give you the Galakras trinket over a DK/Warrior. Lower CD on devotion, BoP, divine protection and bubble are really powerful on over half of the encounters in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    They should at least give you the Galakras trinket over a DK/Warrior. Lower CD on devotion, BoP, divine protection and bubble are really powerful on over half of the encounters in there.
    Devo aura is no longer affected by this, instead its hand of freedom, i believe

Quote Originally Posted by Todyn View Post
    Devo aura is no longer affected by this, instead its hand of freedom, i believe
    thought 17 sec freedom with evil eye was a joke.... THEN I started malkorok heroic. Now i use freedom >_> or i die

when to break t15 4pc normal got offpiece shoulders galakras and hands immersius normal

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    when to break t15 4pc normal got offpiece shoulders galakras and hands immersius normal
    This has been literally said, thousands if not millions of times. please use the search function.

Quote Originally Posted by Todyn View Post
    This has been literally said, thousands if not millions of times. please use the search function.
    Pls can you enlighten me i have searched the forums and theres no threads about ret t15 4pc break up, so i must be a noob

ty

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    Pls can you enlighten me i have searched the forums and theres no threads about ret t15 4pc break up, so i must be a noob

ty
    read the first paragraph of the first post of this thread please!

Quote Originally Posted by Otul View Post
    read the first paragraph of the first post of this thread please!
    thank you friend and this bad then..

Got a couple questions if anyone can enlighten me please:

the 40% haste 'cap' is only something you'd want once you get t16 4pc, correct?

what exactly is the new ranking list for the trinkets? example, I just got a Galakras 528 (LFR) and am using 549 Spark and 549 Feather, is it worth upgrading the Galakras to 536 and using it over... Spark? If anyone can answer this or even provide the rankings for all the trinkets (5.2+5.4 together) I'd appreciate it, thanks.

I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Well hello there Ignite bro
    as far as I'm concerned the 40% "cap" is with T16 4set yes, putting in 4set proc in your priority chain makes you less likely to run out of crap to hit and also increases the value on mastery. More haste isn't "bad" it's just not as strong (theoretically) as mastery.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2013-09-26 at 12:40 AM.
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Well hello there Ignite bro
    haha sup :d 3.8k posts woah you been active bra

And thanks for enlighting me on that part

now i gotta know wtf im gonna do with this trinket
    Last edited by Ignitek; 2013-09-26 at 12:43 AM.

I'm getting quite a bit non-teir pieces. Its tempting to break my 4 set to wear all of them.
    Anyone else run into this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Calimon-ZJ View Post
    You read wrong. 1st one is guaranteed to drop for your current spec. Said nothing about drop chance.
    Current spec, or current loot specialization selected. I mainspec prot in my raids but I don't care about the prot heirloom, I want a ret weapon. Hope it's specialization selected. Can anyone 100% confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by Calimon-ZJ View Post
    You read wrong. 1st one is guaranteed to drop for your current spec. Said nothing about drop chance.
    Yeah has been answered now, thanks. Got another Q considering red sockets. Method ret paladin seems to be using Str / Haste gems in red,
    I was thinking exp / haste should be better, so I ran my character through simcraft.

Q1 : Am I correct using 160 exp / 160 haste instead of 80 str. / 160 haste due to the scaling factor str : exp = 5,56 : 4,7 ?
    Q2 : Is simcraft working correct? Crit only 0,01 behind haste and better than mastery?
    | Lychnuchus | Männlych | Natürlych | Gebrechlych |

f'*$% your infractions, my signature was smaller than 500x100 and >50 kb. Someone needs a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Lychnuchus View Post
    Yeah has been answered now, thanks. Got another Q considering red sockets. Method ret paladin seems to be using Str / Haste gems in red,
    I was thinking exp / haste should be better, so I ran my character through simcraft.

Q1 : Am I correct using 160 exp / 160 haste instead of 80 str. / 160 haste due to the scaling factor str : exp = 5,56 : 4,7 ?
    Q2 : Is simcraft working correct? Crit only 0,01 behind haste and better than mastery?
    the weight of expertise has no meaning if you can cap. the only weight you should give to expertise is your 2nd best stats : crit or mastery. both are at 3.xx+ VS Str at 5.xx so whichever your choice is between crit and mastery best after haste, your gemming looks valid with expertise/haste, as long as you gain the same amount of crit/mastery via reforging.

@ingite : about trinket galakras is so OP than it trumps spark imo. have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Dexyn View Post
    Unless you're wearing LFR t15 4p and you're breaking for a full set of heroic non-tier pieces, it's probably not worth it.
    Nah, its a mix or normal and heroic t15 and normal warforged non-teir items.