1. #4681
    Brewmaster Fredzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    That one place
    Posts
    1,489
    Still not worth as far as I know, last numbers I saw said the t15 4pc was like a 8-10% dps increase (or something, it's back in this thread somewhere), and I'm pretty sure no non-tier pieces are worth that much. Also, I could be wrong about the exact % increase of the 4pc, but the idea is still the same.

  2. #4682
    Legendary! anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,399
    Since I'm a baddie who didn't do PTR new 4 set I got last night is spinning my head. Partially frantic soaking, adds slowing me, and Chain taunting every 10 seconds isn't making my new rotation easy to slip into while i forget the T15 one . Prolly be good by next raid though, gotta replace some muscle memory.

  3. #4683
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Since I'm a baddie who didn't do PTR new 4 set I got last night is spinning my head. Partially frantic soaking, adds slowing me, and Chain taunting every 10 seconds isn't making my new rotation easy to slip into while i forget the T15 one . Prolly be good by next raid though, gotta replace some muscle memory.
    Yep I know EXACTLY what you mean.

    When sitting on a DP proc and 5hopo, i'm having to wait a split second to confirm a tier proc before I know how to dump everything, that and learning mechanics and everything else is super fun

    Also, for fun tried mastery>haste (60% mastery un-buffed and 30% haste) just to see how it feels, almost no downtime on rotation.

    2 facts are that i'm not a theory crafter, and that whilst decent there are many better rets reading this right now.

    Considering If my GCD is full (and from limited testing it seems it mostly is)

    Haven't I just basically gained 8% mastery damage for basically no cost?

    I feel im missing something major of course because if this was the case im certain someone would have said it by now.

    EDIT: I should think this through properly the major thing i have missed is the GCD reduction yay, time for a public excecution!

    Still, going to try it tho, curious how it will work in a raid environment.

    EDIT 2: seems its not worth it, was worth a look XD
    Last edited by Elador; 2013-09-26 at 05:04 PM.

  4. #4684
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    SCOTLAND
    Posts
    37
    i ran with 30% haste most of ToT and found the rotation fluid enough, now up at 35%haste and 53% mastery un buffed and really feel like dropping to 30% haste again,(Note i have t16 4 set)
    Last edited by rinzshady; 2013-09-26 at 05:15 PM. Reason: dumb

  5. #4685
    I almost wonder how many plate DPS will attempt to taunt General Nazgrim to pad rankings by cheesing Sundering Blow/Defensive Stance...

  6. #4686
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanderhuge View Post
    I almost wonder how many plate DPS will attempt to taunt General Nazgrim to pad rankings by cheesing Sundering Blow/Defensive Stance...
    Who needs sundering blow when you can wait a few weeks of gear and just ignore the fight mechanics while you zerg.

  7. #4687
    Just had a comment on not breaking the T15 4pc set. I currently have 2pc T16 and 2pc T15 and honestly I am during more damage. That Tv buff that we get was very nice but so is 5% increase damage on top of the 2piece T15 set. This is just from my own personal play but it seems that everyone is agreeing to saying not to break it but to scared to actually try it. Spoke with other rets as well from Overture, BLood Legion and they have tried it and seem to be doing just fine. Its not really a dps lost unless the dreadful word IF comes into play with the procs you get from T15 4pc but thats IF. Its not like we are guranteed that proc. Some people may bash this post, but you never know until you actually try it.

  8. #4688
    So I picked up Galakras' normal cdr trinket and I have a 549 Primordius and a 543 Feather , but I also have 566 Immersius Hit Bracers I haven't put on yet. Now I figure the logical thing would be to drop the Feather trinket since well , I'm already over hit cap by about two haste stam gems before I do anything. Thoughts ?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Floross/simple

    "...and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

  9. #4689
    Quote Originally Posted by will32 View Post
    Just had a comment on not breaking the T15 4pc set. I currently have 2pc T16 and 2pc T15 and honestly I am during more damage. That Tv buff that we get was very nice but so is 5% increase damage on top of the 2piece T15 set. This is just from my own personal play but it seems that everyone is agreeing to saying not to break it but to scared to actually try it. Spoke with other rets as well from Overture, BLood Legion and they have tried it and seem to be doing just fine. Its not really a dps lost unless the dreadful word IF comes into play with the procs you get from T15 4pc but thats IF. Its not like we are guranteed that proc. Some people may bash this post, but you never know until you actually try it.
    whats your armory?
    do you have logs demonstrating these findings?
    which rets did you talk to? Grant? Lip? Because Lip is still using t15 4pc, whereas Grant is now using 2pct16 and other offpieces.
    Also, define doing "fine"?

    Not saying what you suggested is wrong or anything, I just wanted to see if you have any hard evidence or if what your saying is based on anecdotal evidence

  10. #4690
    Here's something else I'm wondering: So with Galakras normal non-TF ( upgr. 561 , 42% reduction ) I have guardian at 2.11 minutes and AW at 1.41 minutes. Not delaying either lets them line up again on the 3rd guardian which is approximately at 4mins and 13 seconds mark. So in conclusion , don't delay ? Or depending on the fight ?
    Last edited by Floross; 2013-09-26 at 07:31 PM.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Floross/simple

    "...and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

  11. #4691
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexyn View Post
    RE:Will32

    Does anyone know if GoAK follows you back down out of the Heart on Garrosh? I've been skeptical of it, but haven't noticed.
    Nope, you lose the buff and pet disappears :[

  12. #4692
    Given we get our 4pc t16 are we really going DP for everyfight even if it's mostly single target with some few adds in the way? I generally dislike the DP playstyle and with galakras trinket SW feels so good and feels kind of a waste to not get it.

  13. #4693
    Quote Originally Posted by Montoyal View Post
    Given we get our 4pc t16 are we really going DP for everyfight even if it's mostly single target with some few adds in the way? I generally dislike the DP playstyle and with galakras trinket SW feels so good and feels kind of a waste to not get it.
    In my opinion, if you dislike a talent, don't take it. Play with what you want, thats what Blizzard wants from these new talents anyway.

  14. #4694
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    In my opinion, if you dislike a talent, don't take it. Play with what you want, thats what Blizzard wants from these new talents anyway.
    Exactly, especially since loathing DP will make you more inclined to "rotation" errors, and thus lose the benefit of changing talents. If you manage to do about the same dps with SW, enjoy.

  15. #4695
    Stood in the Fire Weightlifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    459
    I see some heroic raiding paladins using T15 and T16 2P together. Would it be worth it?

  16. #4696
    The Patient UnderworldSoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    I see some heroic raiding paladins using T15 and T16 2P together. Would it be worth it?
    Multi-target fights, yes. Especially if you can't complete your 4pc. Single target, no, not as far as I'm aware.

  17. #4697
    Quote Originally Posted by will32 View Post
    Just had a comment on not breaking the T15 4pc set. I currently have 2pc T16 and 2pc T15 and honestly I am during more damage. That Tv buff that we get was very nice but so is 5% increase damage on top of the 2piece T15 set. This is just from my own personal play but it seems that everyone is agreeing to saying not to break it but to scared to actually try it. Spoke with other rets as well from Overture, BLood Legion and they have tried it and seem to be doing just fine. Its not really a dps lost unless the dreadful word IF comes into play with the procs you get from T15 4pc but thats IF. Its not like we are guranteed that proc. Some people may bash this post, but you never know until you actually try it.
    I tried it and it was definitely a DPS decrease to run with 2pc/2pc instead of t15 4pc.

  18. #4698
    Quote Originally Posted by Montoyal View Post
    Given we get our 4pc t16 are we really going DP for everyfight even if it's mostly single target with some few adds in the way? I generally dislike the DP playstyle and with galakras trinket SW feels so good and feels kind of a waste to not get it.
    The OP says to only go DP on an AOE fight if the AOE is needed, the rest of the time use SW.

  19. #4699
    Legendary! anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,399
    doing H spoils with 4 set. LOLSPINNN

  20. #4700
    High Overlord ujx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Montoyal View Post
    Given we get our 4pc t16 are we really going DP for everyfight even if it's mostly single target with some few adds in the way? I generally dislike the DP playstyle and with galakras trinket SW feels so good and feels kind of a waste to not get it.
    No. DP sucks for single target. SW for most fights, DP for heavy AoE fights.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •