1. #4821
    Reforge lite seems to keep messing up for me lately by telling me different numbers than what I actually have after it reforges. What would you guys suggest for reforging other than reforge lite?

  2. #4822
    Quote Originally Posted by xarxz View Post
    did 332k on malkorok with dp last week. clearly doing something wrong.
    Not with those trinkets, although it could be possible (your ilvl is a bit higher than mine, including that garb Primo trinket), I am currently top ret for normal 25 Malkorok with 330k. Who knows? Can't remember my damage on H attempts.

    I do disagree with DP on that fight, even on H. Hammers are hitting for 750k+ with coolies and with Galakras trinket makes DP look like even more of a joke for ST. (I don't have it )
    Last edited by thegoodrogue; 2013-10-02 at 05:42 PM.

  3. #4823
    Hi everyone,
    I was wondering if I'mright about the spell usage in the OP :

    Inq>ES>TV/DS5>DP(< 2sec)>4PC(if dp not up)>HoW>CS>J>DP>Exo.

    Let's say I'm at 5HP with DP up and 4PC, single target wise should I TV first for DP then burn the 4PC ?

  4. #4824
    Got Flex Galakras Trinket 548 and have all 3 Throne 543 Trinkets. Best Combination?
    Galakras + Feather?
    Galakras + Spark?
    Galakras + Primo?

    Feather Hit is wasted btw.
    | Lychnuchus | Männlych | Natürlych | Gebrechlych |

    f'*$% your infractions, my signature was smaller than 500x100 and >50 kb. Someone needs a life.

  5. #4825
    Quote Originally Posted by Lychnuchus View Post
    Got Flex Galakras Trinket 548 and have all 3 Throne 543 Trinkets. Best Combination?
    Galakras + Feather?
    Galakras + Spark?
    Galakras + Primo?

    Feather Hit is wasted btw.
    I won't go into any discussion, it seems like it is pretty much futile at this point and all that comes out of it is people getting upset with me. You can check from around page 230'ish and see the discussion from there. I would recommend using Spark, considering you even gemmed away from all hit too, there is nothing you can do to even slightly utilize any of the hit on the feather by the looks of it. My advice is to go with Spark of Zandalar.

    Now, in order to prevent any kind of mongo flame that might be on the way I took the liberty of running 2 simulations. 1 with Feather equipped with reforge and 2/2 upgrade and 1 with a 2/2 Spark. Spark shows to give around 1400 dps more. Fabled feather had 23.62% uptime. Zandalari Warrior (the transformation from Spark) had a 19.67% uptime. It seems however that the passive haste on Spark pulls ahead (1400 dps extra). This, no shit, goes in the same direction as the math I did earlier in this thread.

    But I will say it again. They are more or less interchangeable if the hit is wasted, use what you prefer. I used 10000 iterations and a patchwerk style fight for 6 minutes.

  6. #4826
    I have drop Galakras' WF trinket this night (580ilvl) and "increases the cooldown recovery rate of ... abilities by 50%".

    However, AW = 1.33min // GoAK = 2min // DP = 20sec etc ..

    It's a bug ?!

  7. #4827
    Epic! Fredzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    That one place
    Posts
    1,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Neari View Post
    I have drop Galakras' WF trinket this night (580ilvl) and "increases the cooldown recovery rate of ... abilities by 50%".

    However, AW = 1.33min // GoAK = 2min // DP = 20sec etc ..

    It's a bug ?!
    It's just the way they calculate it. The formula they use is something along the lines of:

    new CD = old CD/(1+CDR)

    So in this case for AW it'd be: 120/(1+.5) which comes out to be 80 seconds, or 1.33 mins. Same thing for GoAk.

  8. #4828

  9. #4829
    Is the HC WF trinket from third boss (Cleave one) any better than the feathers HC ? Or just for spoils?

  10. #4830
    Epic! Fredzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    That one place
    Posts
    1,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacklion View Post
    Is the HC WF trinket from third boss (Cleave one) any better than the feathers HC ? Or just for spoils?
    The cleave proc has no single target value. It doesn't add anything to the target you're attacking, just those near it. So it'd depend on the strength proc on the cleave trinket vs the stats and proc on feather. It would also depend on what kind of damage you need. You can pad on garrosh with it, but that doesn't make the extra damage any more useful since its just boss damage that matters the most.

  11. #4831
    Whats the rotation during AW nowadays (without T15 4 set)?

    Is it HoW, CS, HoW, TV or
    HoW, J, HoW, TV

    the question is CS or J?

    (sorry if it has been already answered)

    edit:
    and should i use T16 4set procs during AW?
    Last edited by Freppi; 2013-10-03 at 12:57 AM.

  12. #4832
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoodrogue View Post
    Not with those trinkets, although it could be possible (your ilvl is a bit higher than mine, including that garb Primo trinket), I am currently top ret for normal 25 Malkorok with 330k. Who knows? Can't remember my damage on H attempts.

    I do disagree with DP on that fight, even on H. Hammers are hitting for 750k+ with coolies and with Galakras trinket makes DP look like even more of a joke for ST. (I don't have it )
    yeah im still using last tiers trinkets. SW will probably push ahead if i get CDR. I dont know why people are getting mad. im merely saying dp is viable for single target fights with a bit of cleave here and there, especially fights like blackfuse which is coming up for most guilds now.

    I managed to push higher malkorok dmg this week with noticably less procs. maybe the difference was actually speccing es instead of lh to help out healers. roughly same killtime. had a few server latency issues present this week which werent a factor in previous weeks unfortunately.

  13. #4833
    Quote Originally Posted by xarxz View Post
    yeah im still using last tiers trinkets. SW will probably push ahead if i get CDR. I dont know why people are getting mad. im merely saying dp is viable for single target fights with a bit of cleave here and there, especially fights like blackfuse which is coming up for most guilds now.

    I managed to push higher malkorok dmg this week with noticably less procs. maybe the difference was actually speccing es instead of lh to help out healers. roughly same killtime. had a few server latency issues present this week which werent a factor in previous weeks unfortunately.


    You will want to use SW for Blackfuse, assuming you go up on the conveyor which you probably should be doing. CDR + SW is very very good.

  14. #4834
    Quote Originally Posted by xarxz View Post
    did 332k on malkorok with dp last week. clearly doing something wrong.
    I suspect good RNG. Remember Cata Ret? Post logs, please.

  15. #4835
    Is there any point in off-set gear that it's worth to lose your 4 piece? Or only 2pc-2pc-1off and then 4pc T16-1off?

    I should probably just sim it...but I think I know the answer.
    Last edited by MarshallX; 2013-10-03 at 06:10 PM.

  16. #4836
    Epic! Fredzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    That one place
    Posts
    1,644
    Read the first paragraph of the first post on the post page, this is a question that's been asked over and over, and the answer hasn't changed.

  17. #4837
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    674
    So I ran simc lastnight (I use it for stat weights to get the best reforges/gem setups for current gear) And umm O.o it wants me to drop like 12% mastery for crit.. Does that sound right to anyone? This is with T16 4pc I was lucky enough to get gloves/helm from my guilds alt flex run (our main group is helping the second group gear up) Still no trinkets but can't really complain since htf feather/hspark.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallX View Post
    Is there any point in off-set gear that it's worth to lose your 4 piece? Or only 2pc-2pc-1off and then 4pc T16-1off?

    I should probably just sim it...but I think I know the answer.
    It's not worth it at all. I messed with it in a flex run unless you are going 4pc to 4pc it's not worth it to use 2pc with 2pc at all.


  18. #4838
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    Read the first paragraph of the first post on the post page, this is a question that's been asked over and over, and the answer hasn't changed.
    Yeah, I realized after it was a pretty retarded question. I simmed it and it's a pretty obvious choice

  19. #4839
    Quote Originally Posted by cidic View Post
    So I ran simc lastnight (I use it for stat weights to get the best reforges/gem setups for current gear) And umm O.o it wants me to drop like 12% mastery for crit.. Does that sound right to anyone? .
    I'm seeing crit being ranked above haste and mastery too, by quite a bit. I might try to mess around a little with Simcraft tomorrow and change my gems to crit intead. I doubt it will be worth it though.

  20. #4840
    I was just wondering where the four piece proc fits into the rotation if using SW. I know the first page shows where it is if you are using DP but I wasn't sure where it is when you aren't.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •