Nice list, thanks.

I play backup ret for when we want to drop some healers on certain fights, am i right in assuming that for weapons it would be weapon damage over all? I have a 561 sword from Sha, and i was able to get the polearm from thok but i have no valor to upgrade it so i was just staying with the sword until i am able to dedicate enough valor to upgrade the polearm. Since my MS is holy, most of it goes to that spec (and next week both upgrades will go towards a warforged helm and the prison of pride for holy).

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Deleted
    Good comments guys and interesting tips, ty!
    checking orange gem now i was considering to replace some the exp-mastery gems with some Skillfull vermilion Onyx with STR - Mastery, considering that I've haste and exp capped, what do you think about this?

[QUOTE=Tanyn;23086369]You can also go to Edit Weights and click Advanced and then put in your Haste soft cap. It's not a big deal now because you have around 40% Haste now, but as you gain more Haste you will see a need to use this.

- - - Updated - - -

this tip really helped alot, i think it will make things much easier
    Last edited by mmoc353ea11112; 2013-10-27 at 11:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JediMa View Post
    Good comments guys and interesting tips, ty!
    checking orange gem now i was considering to replace some the exp-mastery gems with some Skillfull vermilion Onyx with STR - Mastery, considering that I've haste and exp capped, what do you think about this?
    Just don't reforge into expertise. If you have enough expertise from gear alone, there's no need for expertise gems. Any further red gems used should have strength rather than expertise (along with whichever secondary stat you are gemming for).

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Just don't reforge into expertise. If you have enough expertise from gear alone, there's no need for expertise gems. Any further red gems used should have strength rather than expertise (along with whichever secondary stat you are gemming for).
    If you can reforge the expertise on your gear to haste/mastery there's certainly a need for expertise gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    If you can reforge the expertise on your gear to haste/mastery there's certainly a need for expertise gems.
    Reforge away all expertise and hit, gem to caps. Str + haste/mastery after that, been said for a long time
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Someone should put together a Retribution FAQ forum thread for stuff like this. The Retribution Guide is good it's just a bit long and has so much new person information that the general Retribution guy would just skip over most of the information. The information is all in this thread it's just not put into one easily readable form.

That sucks Nelda.

Dakeshi keep me updated on how that site goes. / Forward me the guides used for ret so i can read them over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Indeed, hope you find work soon Neldarie. Always a crushing disappointment to me when another 25-man guild bites the dust.
    Amen to that.

What's the relative weight of strenght, haste, mastery and crit, nowadays? Approximatively.

It's all character dependent.

How does one go about figuring out stat weights for their character? The only thing I know how to do in simc is import my char from the armory and hit the simulate button.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do that, after having checked the factors you want scaled in the options.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

So im having some pretty bad luck this tier with trinkets . Im currently using Galakras flex ( 7 normal kills and 7 coins... no trinket) and Heroic Ji kun feather. I also have the cleave trinket but as we already all know, is complete shit for almost all fights. Anyway tonight I coined Skeer's Bloodsoaked talisman normal version, I was hoping for tier but I thought hey this might be good even tho crit is shit for us . So I simmed my character with Galakras flex/heroic ji kun feather and then with Galakras flex/Skeer's, and to my surprise Galakras/jikun simmed out more dps than with skeer. So what do you guys think? Is skeer really that bad or is simcraft not simming it correctly. Here is my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...varan/advanced
    Last edited by Xavaran; 2013-10-29 at 01:53 AM.

Skeers is pretty poor. Try to pick up flex Thok at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperviable View Post
    Skeers is pretty poor. Try to pick up flex Thok at least.
    Oh beleive me im trying, im even going thru the pain of tanking lfr just for a chance at the lfr version :/

Man do I know your pain. I've been trying to get either Galakras or Thok from Normal and Flex each week and haven't had any luck, I do have the same helm from galakras 3 times though that counts for something right?

But yeah as stated above skeer is pretty bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by etsumii92 View Post
    Coming out today/tomorrow (Central European Time)

- - - Updated - - -
    Would be cool if you added a line or two about Inquisition clipping. I doubt a lot of people knows how it works.

it's in there ^^
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNd5CalV8zE

I believe this would be it!

Seems to be some stuff in there that is pretty conflicting to what people around here say. The discussion should be good the next few days.
    Last edited by Aceshigh; 2013-10-30 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNd5CalV8zE

I believe this would be it!

Seems to be some stuff in there that is pretty conflicting to what people around here say. The discussion should be good the next few days.
    Feedback for video Dakeshi:

~ You mention take divine purpose over sanc wrath after T16. However results vary but more consistently SW will overpower DP unless you are farming encounters and shooting for add procs.

~ When gemming is mentoned with the images I only see haste gems. I feel it needs to be stressed multiple times when to swap your gemming into Keen/Fierce

~ You failed to mention the actual BiS list keypoint that is to avoid the vast majority of expertise gear AND expertise reforging.

~ I may need to watch the guide again but I think you failed to mention to use wings / Guardian on cooldown despite desyncs.

~ I think you mentioned some sockets aren't worth matching? 60 crit ect.? This is false all bonus are a 100% upgrade. UNLESS the scenario has you doing a hit/haste or similar variety gem and where the entire hit portion of the gem is completely useless and stam/haste would be better WITH the bonus being 60 strength equivalent or less. Personally I havn't seen this happen on anything recently outside the Ra-den ring socket last tier.

~ You could /should mention the holy swap PvP set since it allows 1 min inq and 5 HP on pull allowing u to get the max potential out of your trinkets and max trinket/guardian/wings uptime with each other ratio on the pull.

~ After stating the above gimmic combo you should mention to salv on pull with prepot because that much burst is prone to pull initial aggro in first 3 seconds

~ I'll watch again later I was heading off to work as I read this. I might be late now. You owe me $20
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-10-30 at 02:56 PM.

Gems and CD usage is mentioned in the written guide. It's a quick refference one for gems so people won't have to watch the video for minor details. Found here: http://evrelia.com/retribution-paladin/

BiS List is the only thing not included, but will be edited into the written guide later tonight (CET).

Didn't mention holy 4set because the guide was written during 5.4 PTR/early launch/progression, will add it as well in the written one.

Was planning to add a Sanctified Wrath vs Divine Purpose on a encounter-to-encounter basis, hopefully tonight as well.

Edit: Thanks for the feedback though, it's hard to write down everything (As some things are obvious for me, hence I might overlook it :<)
    Good. Now can they allow EU/US real ID so speaking isn't so inconvinient?

~ You should mention sword of light when talking about exorcism and why it is the bottom priority. AKA bad scaling

When I'm happy with the guide I'll reference it since I know and like both of you.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-10-30 at 03:05 PM.