Deleted
    Sword is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Stupid question but I have the normal Sha 2h sword and last night got the normal Thok polearm; not sure if it's that big of an upgrade though since it's lower haste, but Hand of Light from my Mastery is always my #1 DPS. Would I be better off passing the polearm to our team's Blood DK and keeping the sword instead (I'm Human FWIW) or is it still a big upgrade?
    If both are the same ilvl the polearm is better IMO. Hard to pass up on the haste and a yellow socket is free 60 str.

Edit: meant hard to pass up on the mastery, not haste
    Last edited by Maegor; 2013-11-19 at 02:53 PM.
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

10+ Year Old Account
    Sword is always better for humans because you get free exp

Edit: if theyre same ilvl

EditEdit: also, whatd anaxie get banned for this time?
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon View Post

PS - Thok's Tail Tip does not exist... We've yet to have one appear in any of our kills, normal or heroic, whether from coin roll or boss loot. It sucks.
    Out of the few that dropped for us, one went to a Bear before some of our strength users even have any version of it... Good guild leadership huh? They also gave one to a warrior who already had a normal warforged. The third went to another pally who had a normal version. We still have 4 plate DPS that don't have ANY version of it...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maegor View Post
    If both are the same ilvl the polearm is better IMO. Hard to pass up on the haste and a yellow socket is free 60 str.

Edit: meant hard to pass up on the mastery, not haste
    When changing items of the same ilvl around it's important to consider valor costs as well. If he takes the polearm he'd essentially be wasting 500 valor on upgrading it to be on par with the sword, 500 valor he could spend on upgrading trinkets or other pieces. This combined with the fact he's human swings the sword heavily in favor. Obviously valor costs don't apply if all your gear is upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnan View Post
    Out of the few that dropped for us, one went to a Bear before some of our strength users even have any version of it... Good guild leadership huh? They also gave one to a warrior who already had a normal warforged. The third went to another pally who had a normal version. We still have 4 plate DPS that don't have ANY version of it...
    That's pretty crappy considering the difference between the different levels of the trinket's stat amplification is relatively small.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanyn View Post
    I'd like a polearm, but for right now I'll be content with H-WF Mace from Nazgrim.

- - - Updated - - -

.. and I like my transmog. I can definitely see myself during raids. Tanyn on Runetotem.
    TANYN, my friend, Lunar on Runetotem, was just talking about you to me a few days ago. I guess it is a small world.

I'll be praying to the RNG gods tonight when we clear our farm bosses in SoO. I'm using so many crappy items from SoO because I can't get any good stat'ed items.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    TANYN, my friend, Lunar on Runetotem, was just talking about you to me a few days ago. I guess it is a small world.

I'll be praying to the RNG gods tonight when we clear our farm bosses in SoO. I'm using so many crappy items from SoO because I can't get any good stat'ed items.
    Lunar's pretty cool. Been raiding with him and this guild since April or something.

Good luck on gear! I've finally gotten my Thok's Tail Tip so I don't need to do Flex/LFR anymore!

My bad, Zardox and Fred are right, just ran the numbers using your simc weights and the sword is about a 2.5-3.5% better item(not that you'd do 2.5% more dps) since you are a human. Besides, right now, since you don't have the 4pc and aren't around the 40% haste number anyway, the extra couple hundred haste on the sword I worth it for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnan View Post
    Well are you running flex each week and coining? Have you been in the guild for a long time? Have you asked the others to pass it for you? We're recieving information out of context here.

In regards to the different weapons. Polearm barely pulls ahead due to stats in that regard, so whatever drops Heroic WF is what you take.

Quote Originally Posted by Feliclandelo View Post
    In regards to the different weapons. Polearm barely pulls ahead due to stats in that regard, so whatever drops Heroic WF is what you take.
    Well you always take the higher ilvl item, but that wasn't what he was asking. If you run his stat weights, he has the following - str: 5.79, crit: 3.23, haste: 3.6, mastery: 3.29. If you assume pure haste gem in both and apply the +60 bonus in the polearm then the score on each item comes to sword: 4058.37 and polearm: 4107.52. But since he is a human and gets 1% exp from the sword you have to factor in that he needs to come up with 340 exp somewhere and will lose it somewhere in the mix of crit/haste/mast. So taking it applying -340 crit to make up for losing the exp to the polearm, the new score of the polearm is 3917.85. Therefore, unless he has so much exp on his gear that he can reforge away from it and still be over the cap the sword will be better.

Edit: I also assumed a crit to mastery reforge on the sword
    Last edited by Maegor; 2013-11-20 at 03:28 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Sonic Spear, check my armory for epic transmog!

Keep thinking of blue meanies from Yellow Submarine.
    You cared enough to post.

Anybody else see GC'a tweet about spirit being a secondary stat in the new xpac? This means either a)there will still be healer plate gear or b)we might have to manage mana.

The way I understood it at Blizzcon is that spirit will only be available as a secondary stat on amulets, cloaks, rings, trinkets, weapons and offhands.

edit: Oh, he even confirmed that in a tweed: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...16608442966017
    Last edited by cremor; 2013-11-21 at 06:34 AM.

Thok's tail tip gives me spirit. True story

10+ Year Old Account
    Back from the dead again, I see.

My guild died this week, so no organized raid for me right now =[ have to weather the soul-killing storm that is a pug at some point this weekend to try again (most likely in vain) to get that damn trinket
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Quit talkin all that shit out the side of your neck, Anaxie.

I'm gonna post some pictures of my reforge plots for crit > mastery and mastery > haste soon, cuz people still just don't get the local breakpoints yet.

While we wait for you to do that, refrain from posting as you did in the first half of this post. Thanks.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-11-21 at 11:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Jk, we're extending our lockout on Garrosh. We're at 90+ wipes (my DBM has 95 wipes), we got him down to 0.9% on Tuesday, it was so depressing .

Ok so the wow gods were upon me and i got Warforged Pike and then the heirloom axe. Which one should I use cus I keep seeing different weights. Pike has higher ilvl and haste mastery.

Higher ilvl, weapon damage, and better itemization....is it not glaringly obvious?