While it would suck for it to be come less calculated and more general, the silver lining would be avoiding the anxiety of hoping for that one item - the "ugh, can't wait for next week's 1 chance to hopefully be able to fight with someone over getting that item"
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    While it would suck for it to be come less calculated and more general, the silver lining would be avoiding the anxiety of hoping for that one item - the "ugh, can't wait for next week's 1 chance to hopefully be able to fight with someone over getting that item"
    No instead its like random wpn drops which we all know are GLORIOUS. Pray for good stats, pray for socket proc, Pray for a cleave teritiarym, pray for warfroge. happy happy joy joy. I heard you liked procs as ret so now your gear can proc X4

Imo it doesn't matter much if the "multi strikes" will proc off our mastery (I think it does in some trinket cases) but rather that our mastery doesn't proc off the multi strike when such a huge percentage of our damage comes from mastery (currently anyways).
    If this "multistrike" and "cleave" system is going to be common then str and crit builds will be much better unless blizzard works inn our mastery to the "package".

Mastery is such a big proportion of ret atm so anything that doesn't interact with it is a near guarantee that we don't want it, shame really.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    Well Anaxie perhaps your next list should more be a guideline in how to pick gear based on the secondary and tiertiary stats?

I have no idea. Gotta see their plans when beta goes live.

See what the "new and imporved" Gems look like ect.

Deleted
    Also I am interested in how life stealing will work out? Tanking or DPS stat? And in that case, will it be based on your damage dealth (convert some of it to health) or actually drain health which would be pretty cool

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feliclandelo View Post
    Also I am interested in how life stealing will work out? Tanking or DPS stat? And in that case, will it be based on your damage dealth (convert some of it to health) or actually drain health which would be pretty cool
    From the way it was worded in the Blizzcon image, "% of damage converted to health", I assume it doesn't add any extra dps, it just self-heals based on your own dps.

its teals based off damage you did. Survival / tank stat.

Basically if dps ranks due to padding ment nothing now they will mean even less next expansion if someone procs an entire cleave set. GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Move speed can only proc on booots. I assume it will be the default enchant value 8%. Meaning since it stacks PoJ would give you a passive 23% move speed before any holy power. And because of the prioirty you should USUALLY be running at about 33% move speed. at 2 HP.

Of course if you opt away from PoJ since well. 8% tert + 8% enchant 16% move speed is pretty much what MOST people need in generally any situation making speed of light still potent if not more so since the Teritiary should stack with the burst speed.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-11-24 at 02:53 PM.

I'm thinking our terts will be cleave/move speed and maybe aoe reduction (even though that is clearly a tank stat too). Also agree that if multi's don't get our mastery then it will be a garbage stat, I really can't see how they'd make it not integrate mastery since every class that prioritizes mastery will be gimped without it doing so. Crit heavy builds will definitely want as much amp as possible, maybe even making our crit>mastery, especially if multi's utilize crit and not mastery.

the silver lining would be avoiding the anxiety of hoping for that one item - the "ugh, can't wait for next week's 1 chance to hopefully be able to fight with someone over getting that item"
    I think this will make it worse, especially if stats don't end up being random.

6.0 is going to have a shitton of hotfixes. Especially since the new ratings will probably have different conversion factors for each spec (similar to mastery now) - can't remember if I saw that in his tweets or an article on wowinsider.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, wtf are they thinking with the cap and formula on multi - cap at 200%, formula - x% multi = (x/2)% chance to multistrike, rolled twice. Way to confuse 98% of the player base that doesn't think about stats at all past what they see on icy.

Don't see how you can even worry about terts in compiling a BiS list (especially since none of them help in a single target fight).
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

I wouldn't be surprised if they limit the life steal, cleave and multi-strike effects to weapons only tbh.

Going to be a fucked up tier

Quote Originally Posted by Maegor View Post

Don't see how you can even worry about terts in compiling a BiS list (especially since none of them help in a single target fight).
    Well, this might have been answered already, and I apologize if it has, but how will Cleave interact with WW/Div Storm? Would it cleave off 1 target, or be obscenely overpowered, esp on fights with adds/cleaves? If those attacks are flagged as Cleave-able, then I can see that tertiaries won't have a huge impact on boss fights. Didn't Blizz make a post that "useless" drops are a way to incentivize raiding every week? Kinda like why Wizards prints so many useless commons in MTG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Going to be a fucked up tier
    No doubt about that. These changes are bigger than any other they've launched an expac with.

Quote Originally Posted by Maegor View Post
    He says in the tweets that x% cleave will add x% damage to aoe attacks.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Lyese; 2013-11-24 at 09:01 PM.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Deleted
    I think you just need to wait and see. I'm looking forward to it. Especially item squish.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    Well, this might have been answered already, and I apologize if it has, but how will Cleave interact with WW/Div Storm? Would it cleave off 1 target, or be obscenely overpowered, esp on fights with adds/cleaves? If those attacks are flagged as Cleave-able, then I can see that tertiaries won't have a huge impact on boss fights.
    He says in the tweets that x% cleave will add x% damage to aoe attacks.
    Last edited by Maegor; 2013-11-24 at 03:58 PM.

Maybe they'll make it really fun, and tier pieces have a chance to get the tertiary stats /wrists

Here's what local breakpoints means for everyone asking that question when their sims show haste being super high or super low value. The value of haste goes up and down, up and down, even when just adding/subtracting 25 rating.

AMR is being a slut and putting me at 16891 haste rating when I set the haste breakpoint to 17000. Had to plug in 17075 as the haste breakpoint to get it up to where I wanted it, after looking at this. Now to run a crit vs mastery
    Last edited by Rathimis; 2013-11-24 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feliclandelo View Post
    Especially item squish.
    meh, squish is just about the 32 bit system getting capped on boss's hp.

Speaking of the engine, ifling rain in 25m will lag the fuck out of the game (which is why they changed it and similar spells), what do you think figuring out 20m cleaves and multi's will do it (especially considering he said one will proc off the other).

Deleted
    Where do the 3 and 4 holy power TVs come in? before or after exorcism?

edit: with DP, i mean.

Deleted
    Item squish is something wanted by the community aswell. It would be retarded to do a 10 million crit. There's no feel for the numbers anymore.

Item squish means nothing, if it was today for instance and we had 170haste instead of 17000 it would just mean the "soft cap" is 170 rating and not 17000... Playstyle-wise and dps - boss health will still stay the same, it's not like they're going to keep the rating scaling the same as it is now. Only change is the "shiny" number you see bounce on your screen and how much health things have...

Deleted
    Huntingbear no kidding