sup with threads name

Krekko are you trolling with thread name or did anaxie go emo on you and told you to take it over?
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    arg.... dat simcraft link.... just seeing how fire mages and lock are simmed just shows how different are sim vs patchwerk with non perfect algorythm, and real life raid with skilled raiders and mechanics....

Simcraft is great for stats weights, evaluating how much an item is an upgrade... but to rate dps... please no.
    Even on different fights I'm seeing the same results, excluding Galakras, where we have a long-term AoE fight and I feel pretty strong (even here with gear increase and short breaks between waves I feel like I'm doing worse the better raid DPS gets). Single target fights pretty much match SimC results for me. Fights with short burst AoE phases are not better than single target fights for me. DP / 4Set seem to almost never procc when you need them, they are just not reliable enough to compete with "real good" DPS classes. Just watch your next malkorok kill and watch rogue single target and AoE DPS. Even with insane procc luck at the right time, we will never match their blade flurry numbers. Galakras is the only exception for me because fight length evens out most of the class spikes.

Now I know that all logs depend on how the raid plays together (and can be heavily modified towards a certain player). But our raid, for example, is lead by an elemental shaman and heavily modified towards that , so melee are pretty much all the same. And so I'm seeing pretty close results to what SimC says.

Side note:
    What I meant by "same procedure, different addon" is that I'm seeing the same tendency from the start to the end of an addon as I saw it in WotLK / Cata. Agi / int classes seem to go up with increasing gear, and str classes seem to go down (relatively ofc). I'm pretty sure this is what was happening the last expansion in the same way. I thought about this for a while and maybe this is because Str is the only main stat that doesnt passively increase a useful secondary stat, that some classes even get ressources from (agi / int increasing crit), thus making "having more strength" not equal to "having the same ammount of more agility / intellect". This might be stepping over the line a bit, and I can't back up anything with math or calculations. It was just to make you think about it.
    Last edited by mmoc030419f5fd; 2014-01-13 at 05:35 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by etsumii92 View Post
    Obviously the more/less you crit in a mastery build, the more your dps will be inconsistent to the average. I don't see why it hasn't been put as simple as this yet.

I know i'm arguing for both cases, but mastery increases the low point in order for the low point to meet any dps requirement (Belt as used in this eternal discussion) because if the low point reaches any requirement, it is seen as consistent because 100% of the time it will do what we want it to. I don't think anyone here has had 4(or 5, 6, 7, how many you use on the belt) people dps on the belt until the very end of the line and missed the requirement by 5k (Or even 50k)

There's far too many factors for just an crit vs mastery debate as simple as it has been (Mastery increases low point VS crit is better on average).
    Pretty solid explanation.

The graphs a few pages back show this too - pure mastery build had higher low dps, and pure crit build had a lower range. The balanced build (getting your stat weights equal) had the same range as the pure crit build and a higher low dps, avg dps, and top end dps than the pure mastery build.

Changing subjects - who else is in a 10m and gets to whore adds on immerseus? Fun stuff.
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maegor View Post

Changing subjects - who else is in a 10m and gets to whore adds on immerseus? Fun stuff.
    It sure is with spam 4set procs :>

Even more fun in 25 man if you're waiting at the stack point with 5 Holy Power banked and a couple of generators off cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Even more fun in 25 man if you're waiting at the stack point with 5 Holy Power banked and a couple of generators off cooldown.
    Adds die much faster in 25 man IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    It's enough time to pad to 1mil+. The true luck is getting WoL to count the kill as a kill so you can parse, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Last time I was 2nd in DPS even though I died quite early to the fight, just because I managed to whore adds before the first split. I had something like 2 million DPS for a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Therm View Post
    It's enough time to pad to 1mil+. The true luck is getting WoL to count the kill as a kill so you can parse, lol
    Convince your warlocks, hunters, warriors etc to don't fucking aoe or pay them not to aoe and then you might, MIGHT, have a chance to get a rank 1 parse.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Doesn't stop me spiking 5 million dps on the first spawn

I sit on the stack point, so I can throw out two Divine Storms before everybody else can hit anything really hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    Last time I was 2nd in DPS even though I died quite early to the fight, just because I managed to whore adds before the first split. I had something like 2 million DPS for a moment.
    Last time i was #1 overall in our raid in immerseus with 2,5m cleave dps (for a short moment). Was funny with seal twisting. Outside of this encounter i feel like garbage. Okay, ilvl548 without cloak, what should i expect...

Deleted
    One of my guildies has 4PT15 from LFR, or 1 piece T16 from LFR as well.

He looted both shoulders and helmet from Ordos today and wonders if the 57 itemlevel increase on 2 items and perfect itemization would counteract the loss of the 4P.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    One of my guildies has 4PT15 from LFR, or 1 piece T16 from LFR as well.

He looted both shoulders and helmet from Ordos today and wonders if the 57 itemlevel increase on 2 items and perfect itemization would counteract the loss of the 4P.
    That would depend on the boss. Sha of Pride hits like a wet noodle, you could probably tank it in item level 500 gear.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    My raids DPS ret uses CLCRet and has his 4pc. Anyone have the string to use for that addon? I don't use CLCRet and have no idea what do put in there.

Deleted
    That would depend on the boss. Sha of Pride hits like a wet noodle, you could probably tank it in item level 500 gear.
    You're in the DPS thread...

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    You're in the DPS thread...
    Ah, oops.

I would only replace the T15 4p with the T16 4p.

Deleted
    Ah, oops.

I would only replace the T15 4p with the T16 4p.
    even if it's LFR versus LFR versus basically 2 warforged pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    Need more hunter and feral druid buffs for sure, seriously wtf...
    Everyone knows simc aren't worth much in terms of estimating how good a spec is on a raid boss but 90k dps difference from a Feral druid to a Shadowpriest and the feral druid is the one that got buffed recently? Hunters as well... what the hell is going through the heads in the blizzard class balance team...

Deleted
    I fear GC may only have been the tip of the iceberg, and all other designers are even worse at balancing...