Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    DP is very strong for first room and MC adds later on... If you pad (regardless of talent) you're a tool if your raid is struggling.
    Are you assigned as the only person who is allowed to break MC? I wonder about this every time you mention it. In our group it is usually DS -> HP generator -> wanted to DS, but no point since MC are broken, so back to single target rotation.

DP = padding on almost any fight. You might make a point for Protectors and Shamans depending on your strategy and that's pretty much it. On all other fights single target dps on importatnt targets is more relevant when you care about killing the boss rather than dps on recount.

I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Relimash View Post
    Cause big numbers make us wana play wow. I used to use DP for sha too tho, pad citay
    *edit* thought I saw Norushen, anyways... My guild makes people run close to Sha before the labyrinth banishment is cast which allows all aoes to hit clumps of banished people and the boss at the same time, something that stuck since progress.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meiffert View Post
    Are you assigned as the only person who is allowed to break MC? I wonder about this every time you mention it. In our group it is usually DS -> HP generator -> wanted to DS, but no point since MC are broken, so back to single target rotation.

DP = padding on almost any fight. You might make a point for Protectors and Shamans depending on your strategy and that's pretty much it. On all other fights single target dps on importatnt targets is more relevant when you care about killing the boss rather than dps on recount.
    We don't do single person padding strats in our guild, never have and never will.
    DP on Blackfuse depends on how much time you actually spend on the belt, our runs we never go longer than ~10 seconds on the belts roughly. Having 30s of SW in my situation means that 5-10seconds of SW is wasted in moving back and forth from belt (not that I need to use CDs on belt anymore), anyways DP is a lot better for dealing with the mines. Like I said, it's what I use on farm atm. Even for Garrosh DP is perfectly usable, no I don't use DP procs for DS in P1 to pad on orcs- it's pointless. Later on when you have room phase(s), weapons, MC DP is extremely good. Other ret in our raids stick with SW, he does marginally more damage on Garrosh than I do- I crush him on every single add and summon (ignoring P1 orcs because they're irrelevant)
    For Garrosh MCs I look at the timer- save any procs I might have- build HoPo to 5 and throw out 2-3DS depending on phase and so on, most of the time I get 3 out.

DP isn't a padding tool, if you chose to play with your brain and not your dick then you can do perfectly well with DP...
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

DP on Blackfuse depends on how much time you actually spend on the belt, our runs we never go longer than ~10 seconds on the belts roughly.
    Well, doesn't that mean that you send way too many people there? Why don't you just use cooldowns on the boss since belt weapon dies so fast?
    I don't really know, I don't even go on belt, we send classes that can go to every belt, so that others don't waste time running from boss and back. Obviously it might not be possible for you depending on your group setup.

Even for Garrosh DP is perfectly usable, no I don't use DP procs for DS in P1 to pad on orcs- it's pointless. Later on when you have room phase(s), weapons, MC DP is extremely good. Other ret in our raids stick with SW, he does marginally more damage on Garrosh than I do- I crush him on every single add and summon (ignoring P1 orcs because they're irrelevant)
    DP isn't a padding tool, if you chose to play with your brain and not your dick then you can do perfectly well with DP...
    Well, this is your damage on Garrosh from this week:
    Garrosh: 183m (84.4 %)
    P1 Orcs: 16m (7.3 %)
    Em. Doubt: 5m (2.4 %)

Mine from this week:
    Garrosh: 202m (92 %)
    P1 Orcs: 7m (3.3 %)
    Em Doubt: 9m (4.1 %)

Obviously this might not represent the average situation, but stuff such as breaking MC is almost irrelevant. The truth is, paladins have strong defensive utility, but our dps is on the weaker side. Speccing into slightly higher (and RNG on top of that) cleave is not going to make the difference. Everybody in your raid pretty much uses 1 global of AoE/cleave ability and MCs are broken.

Even on fights such as Galakras there is no point for it. I very much doubt that AoE damage in phase one is where any guilds struggle. If you had the damage to kill the previous bosses, you will have downtime between add waves on Galakras. Now increasing this downtime by 1 second won't help you kill the boss, focusing down the shamans, bonecrushers, minibosses and most importantly Galakras himself in last phase might.

I believe same argument can be made for almost any boss. You might do more dps for ranks with DP, but you will help your guild more when playing with SW. As I already mentioned, Protectors and Shamans are the 2 fights where depending on your tactic, you might be able to cleave _relevant_ targets for the majority of the fight making DP possibly better.

You mentioned that you enjoy playing with DP more and that's fine. The raid is on farm for months, it's not like having a different talent will make a difference in your ability to clear the place. By all means play what you enjoy, but when someone comes to this thread asking about which talent to use, I will not recommend a talent based on which playstyle I personally prefer, but based on which one I believe will help them kill the boss.

I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Which is why I said that's what I go for on farm, I also said what the poster above me is correct (or closer to correct depending on strategies)...
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

I doubt people who have been killing these bosses on Farm for a year give a fuck honestly Meiffert. I sure as hell don't

Preach to people who need it. If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.
    Dmart sends his regardz

#TeamHunter

If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.
    Annnd there's my new signature.
    Mage

I reroll every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Relimash View Post
    Cause big numbers make us wana play wow. I used to use DP for sha too tho, pad citay

Pad city trick, pad pad city trick

I doubt people who have been killing these bosses on Farm for a year give a fuck honestly Meiffert. I sure as hell don't

Preach to people who need it. If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.
    Your dick or someone else's?
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    Your dick or someone else's?
    Mine would simulate HoL Bears would simulate exo ect.

it's think of it as a city skyline but with dongs.

The Patient
    I agree with Zardox, though the only change I'd make would be to use SW on Spoils if you're having trouble getting the bosses down before the damage gets out of hand (Mogu side).
    Solaron of <Old Guard>, Tichondrius US

A lot of the talent choices depend on your raid. If I was in a Timmy Tom no damage clan I'd probably be DP for every boss and just AOE constantly. Too bad ret is one of the worst burst classes right now so kill times hardly matter as much as having ten billion adds barring Juggernaut.

Here's a dumb question;

Does EEoG snapshot the CDR when you use the cooldown? For example, if I pop GotAK/Wings prepull, equip Skeer's (I'm thinking for a sub 3min kill on IJ), will I still have the reduced cooldown?

Assuming GotAK doesn't still despawn on pull that is?

Quote Originally Posted by Serani View Post
    Here's a dumb question;

Does EEoG snapshot the CDR when you use the cooldown? For example, if I pop GotAK/Wings prepull, equip Skeer's (I'm thinking for a sub 3min kill on IJ), will I still have the reduced cooldown?

Assuming GotAK doesn't still despawn on pull that is?
    That i bothered to create an account to reply to this.. lol
    Anyways, next time just do what i just did in 30 seconds:
    Walk to a dummy, pop cds, swap trinkets, pull and look at your timers.

But to answer your question: Yes, the CD is still the same as before you swapped the trinket.

Ordinarily I would have, but nets been having issues due to severe thunderstorms, running off phone internet atm, also, I'm not quite sure if GotAK will stay spawned when pulling a boss? I think it was changed to despawn so you couldn't abuse the GotAK extra duration buff from an old tier bonus.

Ordinarily I would have, but nets been having issues due to severe thunderstorms, running off phone internet atm, also, I'm not quite sure if GotAK will stay spawned when pulling a boss? I think it was changed to despawn so you couldn't abuse the GotAK extra duration buff from an old tier bonus.
    It didn't despawn on the dummy when i did it last night, so i think it's the same when pulling a raidboss, can't check 'till later tonight though.

So apparently to prevent this from happening there is a delay before the advertised RPPM on the trinket reaches full speed, as in it takes like 1 min for the trinket to start proccing as much as it should. That was a fun thing to learn =/

The Patient
    So apparently to prevent this from happening there is a delay before the advertised RPPM on the trinket reaches full speed, as in it takes like 1 min for the trinket to start proccing as much as it should. That was a fun thing to learn =/
    Is that a documented effect? Or just observed? My guess is that when you swap a RPPM trinket in, it resets the "time since last proc" bad luck protection. Currently, that effect almost guarantees procs on pull, since that timer ticks up as you're waiting to pull the boss. It is also possible that procs are simply disabled via a cooldown much like swapping two on-use trinkets, in which case there is probably a 30s delay from swapping the trinket before it can even have a chance to activate, let alone actually proccing.
    Solaron of <Old Guard>, Tichondrius US

Anyone on the PTR been able to test Retribution in 6.0 Raids? Where are we standing? What Talents / Glyphs are best?
    | Lychnuchus | Männlych | Natürlych | Gebrechlych |

f'*$% your infractions, my signature was smaller than 500x100 and >50 kb. Someone needs a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Lychnuchus View Post
    Anyone on the PTR been able to test Retribution in 6.0 Raids? Where are we standing? What Talents / Glyphs are best?
    Did you somehow manage to miss the giant thread called "[Retribution] WoD Alpha/Beta Info & Discussion?"

At any rate, the info you're looking for is in that. This is the non-serious Epeen-waggling thread.