Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    Suprising you dont know this but raid leaders and Gm's of progression guilds talk/bullshit about changes, classes specs on how to build the next raid team. I am not taking what i said from my own perspective alone. The others who are holy were also trying out ret and go off weapons while they were healing, we had them dpsing on the ptr with sha-touched weapons. Even with arcane nerfed, afflic,dk, and warriors were stil far ahead and 2 of our mages played fire and were still ahead.

Im not putting anything down but i can tell you that it isnt just one guild or raid leader of good progression guilds thinking of dumping ret altogether especially with dk buffs. It is about numbers right?
    From what i can tell your rets are just bad. Blade lord is one of the few fights where guild strats don't really affect dps as much as other fights / padding and on this log

Incarnate http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b...?s=2908&e=3300
    ER http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a...?s=4567&e=4955

Even with everyone leaving too early and the tank soling 1% of the bosses hp while I played with my dick for 20 seconds until he ran for the last 10% burn I still did 90k+ dps. It looks more like a case of just bad ret paladins. But then again. This is my log. Ill check more.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1177&e=1561

Even one fight where I died from 14%-10% going too fast and the slip stream sling shotting me and missing my final dps burst which u can see in the 90K+ log I still dominate most of your rets without the final guardian + wings stack burst AND while my dot slowly ticks on boss raping my dps by default.

This is another log from like a month + ago of garajal where i stayed up the entire duration and got 130k
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=12783&e=13135

Since we skip msv because well.... who the hell needs shards? I have no recent log despite well... alot more gear so 130k would be higher.
    Looking at your most recent garajal its like what... 100k dps rets?
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2299&e=2538

Feng is another good example however the adds and duration of shield phase can skew it.

Incarnate http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11718&e=12066
    ER http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1627&e=1942

I cannot remember when i got axe but even then I would of been very competitive within ur raid with those numbers.

Stone guard is irrelevent since I enjoy running tiles so bleh.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-02-20 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    From what i can tell your rets are just bad. Blade lord is one of the few fights where guild strats don't really affect dps as much as other fights / padding and on this log

Incarnate http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b...?s=2908&e=3300
    ER http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a...?s=4567&e=4955

Even with everyone leaving too early and the tank soling 1% of the bosses hp so he ran for the last 10% burn I still did 90k+ dps. It looks more like a case of just bad ret paladins. But then again. This is my log. Ill check more.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1177&e=1561

Even one fight where I died from 14%-10% going too fast and the slip stream sling shotting me and missing my final dps burst which u can see in the 90K+ log I still dominate most of your rets without the final guardian + wings stack burst AND while my dot slowly ticks on boss raping my dps by default.
    We have had rets in the guild for a while but my point is that it is hard to gear up a spec when you could possibly gear another spec that will do more dps. Not that one class is bad but gearing another would be more dps and hopefully more progression. I know some of the ret were trying new things in our runs since not everyone is raiding right now but i couldnt tell you what it was.

At the beginning of each tier, you look at what will be strong and possibly OP, gear them and with dk's along with warriors it is hard gearing a ret in between all that.Warriors scale like crazy and Dk's got a lot of love this patch, and it doesnt help that holy was so strong.

Rets bullshit about changes and guilds too btw and an inside joke is how bad the top ranked world / US guilds ret paladins are. I think vodka had the only half decent paladins forever.

We know who the quality rets are and we are quite aware that the number of quality rets who play this game and are consistent are roughly 50 or less players.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 03:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    We have had rets in the guild for a while but my point is that it is hard to gear up a spec when you could possibly gear another spec that will do more dps. Not that one class is bad but gearing another would be more dps and hopefully more progression. I know some of the ret were trying new things in our runs since not everyone is raiding right now but i couldnt tell you what it was.

At the beginning of each tier, you look at what will be strong and possibly OP, gear them and with dk's along with warriors it is hard gearing a ret in between all that.Warriors scale like crazy and Dk's got a lot of love this patch, and it doesnt help that holy was so strong.
    Hey to each their own. I don't have to fight for my position I'm more then capable of beating other classes unless it's heavy aoe based. Unless of course I was horde in a troll raid in 5.2 Fuck that shit.

Rets bullshit about changes and guilds too btw and an inside joke is how bad the top ranked world / US guilds ret paladins are. I think vodka had the only half decent paladins forever.

We know who the quality rets are and we are quite aware that the number of quality rets who play this game and are consistent are roughly 50 or less players.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 03:22 AM ----------

Hey to each their own. I don't have to fight for my position I'm more then capable of beating other classes unless it's heavy aoe based. Unless of course I was horde in a troll raid in 5.2 Fuck that shit.
    huehuehue... -builds anaxie a bench-

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    huehuehue... -builds anaxie a bench-
    Better fix your windows 98 before patch or you get to grind the bench.

Paladin
    - We like our recent change to a lower cooldown on Avenging Wrath for Retribution in PvP. We like it so much that we want to make it a baseline change for Retribution and not a set bonus, since many PvE paladins are benefiting from shorter wings today, and our recent DPS testing suggests that Ret needs a DPS buff. However, this does mean changing the existing T14 4pc PvE bonus.

So the list of changes reads like this:
    - Retribution has a two minute cooldown on Avenging Wrath baseline.
    - We are reverting the PvP set bonus change. The Retribution set bonuses remain as they are on live. This line will no longer appear in patch notes.
    - We are changing the T14 4pc PvE bonus to +10% damage on Seals and Judgment. We want you to graduate to the T15 set bonus fairly quickly and you won't be losing the shorter Avenging Wrath cooldown.
    Strawberries, chocolate and wine poor from the heavens.

Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...sues-part-iii/

You are 2 pages too late

Mechagnome
    I took 2 of the ideas you have Anaxie (TV 1% stacking to 5% total and 5% 2h increase) I posted on the thread. I agree with pretty much all of the changes you suggested I just like those 2 the most. (that's me however)

It helps if we can have a focused voice for a specific buff we are more likely to get it. Random ass rets chiming in with dumbass comments only stirs the pot and gets us nowhere. Case and point the T15 4 set change. Our singular voice got that pos fixed instantly.

Mechagnome
    It helps if we can have a focused voice for a specific buff we are more likely to get it. Random ass rets chiming in with dumbass comments only stirs the pot and gets us nowhere. Case and point the T15 4 set change. Our singular voice got that pos fixed instantly.
    That I agree on fully. Which is why I took 2 of the ones you suggested (which I though all of them were good ideas) and used them as well. I keep up with reading the ptr and at times the paladin official forums but there are so many people talking about do this and do that and everyone has something different to say that it just does not help things.

Mimic'd anaxie's post to hopefully get more interest. I personally like the mastery change so we have to actually think about gemming/reforging.

I do too and it is perfect sustained and execute range damage gains because CS and TV are our bread n butter.

Anyone who wants to push for a sustained buff try to stick the the Mastery scaling increase. It is overall the best sustained buff we could get and makes scaling so much better in the long run and damage spreads.

Plus if we get it the synergy with our new tier set is redic... hehe

Look on bright side tho. majority of our tiers sets usually turn baseline. Maybe Holy tv procs or Holy damage debuff will get recycled and rolled into ret for the final tier. lol........ it's prolly gonna happen
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-02-20 at 04:59 AM.

Mechagnome
    Looking at what they are going to be changing the current T14 4pc to for 5.2 10% more damage on seals and Judgement that actually looks rather nice O.o. I'm going to have to see about getting my guild to push 4pc to me once 5.2 hits and we start clearing it. Not sure how fast it's going to happen though but we will see.

I do too and it is perfect sustained and execute range damage gains because CS and TV are our bread n butter.

Anyone who wants to push for a sustained buff try to stick the the Mastery scaling increase. It is overall the best sustained buff we could get and makes scaling so much better in the long run and damage spreads.

Plus if we get it the synergy with our new tier set is redic... hehe
    And it also helps our AOE at the same time. I'd go with 5% two-handed and a mastery buff.

Something else I would like to bring up is that we should get them to change some strength items. I don't think they're going to budge on the trinket at all. So much strength stuff has crit and hit on it, it's ridiculous. Both of the ONLY strength rings in the entire instance have hit on them. The only haste/mastery items in the ENTIRE raid are the belt, legs and shoulders - and there is no choice to use the legs or shoulders as off-pieces because using tier helmet + tier gloves is just not an option in the vast majority of gearsets.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    And it also helps our AOE at the same time. I'd go with 5% two-handed and a mastery buff.

Something else I would like to bring up is that we should get them to change some strength items. I don't think they're going to budge on the trinket at all. So much strength stuff has crit and hit on it, it's ridiculous. Both of the ONLY strength rings in the entire instance have hit on them. The only haste/mastery items in the ENTIRE raid are the belt, legs and shoulders - and there is no choice to use the legs or shoulders as off-pieces because using tier helmet + tier gloves is just not an option in the vast majority of gearsets.
    Already mentioned and the lack of 2hander options 2 of them are apparently trash drops <the 2 good ones>

Anyhow Reith u are late get on those forums. the voice has to be loud and asking for the same 1-2 general things.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 06:16 AM ----------

Excellent post on PTR Reith, you did a far better job then i did entirely on the issue. Kinda think I was counting on that.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-02-20 at 06:17 AM.

Being unable to post on the US ptr forums, let me just say thankyou Anaxie & Reeth you pretty much summed up my feelings on the state of ret + upcoming itemization

Please keep up with the (productive)posting there, it looks like some of it is starting to seep through to the devs, but as you say the most recent changes alone will not be enough to bring ret up to par, and anyone else wants to posting regarding sustained, please continue to push for the mastery scaling increase, this does make the most sense, we want to avoid anything that will potentially enhance "big" hits and (therefore break PvP)

Despair are recruiting see RecuitPost for details or visit http://www.eu-despair.com

back to the 02/16, I tweeted GC those : "ret solution : AW back to 2min baseline, Sword of light 2H to 15%, censure 20s and slightly higher dmg. Voilà, ret is fine now"

So I didn't think about SoJ willing to be the go-to pvp seal, and the mastery scaling is much more consistent.
    Hope we will see our Sword of light back to a decent level. 15% looks reasonable.

Sooo we're gonna be worst dps spec instead of 2nd worst?

Test and give logged ptr feedback. He clearly is ignoring anything but.

Keep pushing the hit rating issue if need too.

Well, as far as the sustain dps expectations are concerned, I wouldn't hold my breath...It seems that some theorycrafters in EJ have no problem whatsoever with the huge discrepancy between burst and sustain phases. Given the fact that it has become quite funny that many blue answers have followed feedback and concerns expressed from said forums, I get the feeling that burstadin will never change. At least not as long as EJ squad is fond of the current situation.