Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    We have special rules for some threads where we're more lenient on some points, defining whether or not people should get butthurt isn't a point that is negotiable. Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?
    If the thread wasn't marked then yeah, that would be a pretty terrible situation, and I'm willing to bet the number of subscribers to this site would start to dwindle if that continued. But what if the thread was marked as a sort of "enter at your own risk"? Is that possible? Or do you think we're better off without that sort of thing? Its just frustrating seeing the sort of thread that the users want (though I have no idea if that is the majority, or just the few who are actually talking about it) not line up with what the mods want.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are the mods being considered too strict when we've had an entire page of mod discussion, despite two mods saying to leave it to PMs, and yet not one person has been infracted for ignoring those warnings? Despite all this complaining about trigger happy mods, the only person with an infraction is Anaxie.

Does anyone have anything to say about T15 Retribution? Please. I'd like some conversation that is somehow relevant to the thread topic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Curse has nothing to do with moderation on this forums, most of the global mods/admins have been here for a pretty long time to be honest. And rules didn't really change in the past years.

However, repeating that the forums are turning to shit is definitely a good way to decrease the average happiness and post in an incredibly non constructive way. A recent blue post kind of explains the whole point: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-them-go-away/

I'm only going to reply to one thing here, I never said the forums were turning to shit you did. I never hinted at it or even commented about it. In fact I kept my post very non aggressive for the simple fact of the matter that I wasn't trying to be aggressive. Mainly since I know humor isn't allowed. Maybe as a mod you don't feel they have changed but I have been a member of the forums for a long time and i'm sorry this Paladin forum over the years has most definitely changed like to admit it or not.

Now I didn't say the mods or curse changed it, The changed occurred mainly around the curse time because the forums got larger. As the community got larger. this cause smaller things that were overlooked in the past to quit being overlooked. I'm not a fan of this type of moderation which is why I post weekly or monthly instead of daily.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

10+ Year Old Account
    anaxie bops me in lfr.....perma ban imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    We have special rules for some threads where we're more lenient on some points, defining whether or not people should get butthurt isn't a point that is negotiable. Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?
    TY for my new signature <3

I'd laugh after all it's the internet and if you are butthurt you should consider getting off it. But that's just me I actually have thick skin I don't cry over yo momma jokes.

Anyway back on topic HA or SW week #1 when trying to parse in 5.2?
    Last edited by Requital; 2013-02-26 at 07:49 AM.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    ofc not but only if he offended you on personal lvl, not when you are arguing about class balance and theorycrafting..
    If class balance and theorycrafting is not worth arguing, calling out another theorycrafter in public is probably a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerion View Post
    If the thread wasn't marked then yeah, that would be a pretty terrible situation, and I'm willing to bet the number of subscribers to this site would start to dwindle if that continued. But what if the thread was marked as a sort of "enter at your own risk"? Is that possible? Or do you think we're better off without that sort of thing? Its just frustrating seeing the sort of thread that the users want (though I have no idea if that is the majority, or just the few who are actually talking about it) not line up with what the mods want.
    Okay, but then anyone posting shit in this thread is fine, any druid coming in to share his idea that paladins are just hybrids who couldn't play a real class involving skill is fine. It's a slippery slope.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    I'm only going to reply to one thing here, I never said the forums were turning to shit you did. I never hinted at it or even commented about it. In fact I kept my post very non aggressive for the simple fact of the matter that I wasn't trying to be aggressive. Mainly since I know humor isn't allowed. Maybe as a mod you don't feel they have changed but I have been a member of the forums for a long time and i'm sorry this Paladin forum over the years has most definitely changed like to admit it or not.
    Yeah, we hate humor and we do not allow it. Last time someone tried to be funny we tracked him down with his IP and broke his leg, then we forced him to race change all his characters to female dwarves. If you think you can be funny on my forums, think twice. (Also I will actually track down and kill anyone using that as a signature)

---------

In any case, the moderation discussion is over for now, if you have more things to bring up send me or Sunshine a PM.

I would like to point out that I don't really like arguing over whether or not it's okay to insult people, and to which degree. I don't really see any situation where a theorycrafting thread can benefit from a rule saying it's okay to be insulting whenever you disagree with someone.

Let's try to get things back on track, thanks for listening.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, we hate humor and we do not allow it. Last time someone tried to be funny we tracked him down with his IP and broke his leg, then we forced him to race change all his characters to female dwarves. If you think you can be funny on my forums, think twice. (Also I will actually track down and kill anyone using that as a signature)

---------

In any case, the moderation discussion is over for now, if you have more things to bring up send me or Sunshine a PM.

I would like to point out that I don't really like arguing over whether or not it's okay to insult people, and to which degree. I don't really see any situation where a theorycrafting thread can benefit from a rule saying it's okay to be insulting whenever you disagree with someone.

That one wasn't bad, but your butthurt comment was better.

If class balance and theorycrafting is not worth arguing, calling out another theorycrafter in public is probably a bad idea.
    It was a big misunderstanding tbh. I would also put the ...fail part behind any rets name who would claim the same thing (for laughs mostly- c'mon admit it that it made you giggle even a tiny bit). However, bal never said burst > sustained, rather he said since they aint buffing sustained, we might as well grab the extra burst, which makes sense. So the person that started all this is whoever miss-communicated the ej info into this post.

Jokes / sarcasm aside, when we got so many people complaining about something then either there is a point somewhere or its a big plot to conquer these forums - azeroth - universe or they are all delusional.

Okay, but then anyone posting shit in this thread is fine, any druid coming in to share his idea that paladins are just hybrids who couldn't play a real class involving skill is fine. It's a slippery slope.
    I think you are taking the worst case scenario. I agree that in unmodarated forums things can go nasty extremely fast. I wouldn't want to be a part of such forums. What i said however, is to have some-kind of mild-"er" moderation. Drop the hammer to racist / sexist and all those nasty staff, however just leave the caustic comments pass through. I mean not even in official wow forums moderation is so strict. Maybe change the post's title to "bewaregnomeinsideenterwithyourownrisk" so people understand that they are entering uncharted fields.

Deleted
    Any internet forum is like a mine field. Untill there is no badwords, rasism, religion invovled i see no point in banning someone.

ps: not many peoples that have a good knowledge (in amy matter) share their winsdom or instigate to put our brains to work. Let them be themself(even if they are a bit naughty sometimes)

Well in the case of Balhale he's a man of math, his calculations say one thing and since that's what he know that's what he's preaching. Anaxie (and the rest of us) are out in the field and try to make sense of the math and if it works. When we then repeatedly find things that (for whatever reason) doesn't work or math is off Balhale seems to take that personally...
    If you're playing on the internet and people disagree with the things you say you can't take it personal or be a queen. All of us love ret, feelings are involved, you can't yell out for mods if someone disagrees or hurt your feelings. If you do then please reconsider being on the internet...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    Im reading the posts on mmo champion since 5 or 6 years, since 3 years everyday before I log into WoW and the first time i read a post from Anaxie I waited for a ban and he got one but not perma, he got a second but not perma a third but not perma, a fourteenth but...... I was amused. The perma ban was well deserved, since years....
    But it is frustrating that the person who was most active and gave the (most) information about the paladin here on mmo is away, it was the right decission as admin nonetheless.

@ Hunting, if im correct Anaxie was the one who was pissed about Balehale statements, last time burst, half a year ago haste.., he was so against haste that he wanted to keep mastery and said balehale´s math was shit but it wasn´t. Later he takes haste and nobody can remenber his posts? Now he does not accept an opinion and so he has to insult him? How often had Anaxie acted like a prima Donna?

I write here at rare intervals because of my bad speech, to write one post in english takes too much time and I have to be sure of something, so now I have to go to twitter and flame GC :P, his last statements were horrible, and I wish it isn´t blizzs design philosophy. Hope he can call it off and went back to the 1-3% balance direction

---------

Hey Boub, please tell mods you've set to be responsible for paladin forums to update this thread with reasonable theorycrafting and accurate BiS list ASAP.

Back then mastery still was better untill haste or mastery scalings got changed. At the bete build or whatever mastery was outperforming haste, that changed because of changes, not math/theorycraft/simc.

Also I trust Anaxie, Req and the other top playing rets more than simc rets. You have to be good to be high ranked for year after year, simc is math that anyone with patience can do. (not trying to insult simc)
    Back when the haste vs mastery crap was going on i reforged and regemmed and stood at dummies with and without raid buffs to see my own results. 3 days later and i also came to the conclution that mastery was better. That was before scalings changed, after scalings changed it was a no brainer that haste was better- a lot better.

Anyways...

Seeing another night of 25ptr and looking for rets on meters show the same as my meters. From 502-517 ilvl and 4-set T15 we're looking at 90-115k sustained dps on the different encounters. Warlocks rocking 150k +

Haste-mastery plate str helm/boots to be considered (new 522 craftables), both current VP upgradewise and plans ahead I guess. Both dump alot of useless hit in process.

Tier-14 Retribution 4-piece set bonus has been changed to increase damage on all Seals and Judgment by 10%
    That is the new 4P for T14 (Hof/Terrace), how soon should we break 4P? (personally have 4P 2/2 upgraded)

Deleted
    As i've posted in the T5 talents discussion thread, i'd like to remark that a 10% buff to all seals and judgement affects DP and HA more than it does SW, because HoW doesn't trigger seals, but the extra TVs from DP and HA do. HA has about 10% more seal procs over SW on a 10 minute fight (550 versus 509).

I realize that this is a minor effect that's only lasting a short time, but it's still relevant for those of us who won't get their 2PT15 right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    TY for my new signature <3

I'd laugh after all it's the internet and if you are butthurt you should consider getting off it. But that's just me I actually have thick skin I don't cry over yo momma jokes.

Anyway back on topic HA or SW week #1 when trying to parse in 5.2?
    If there's any justice in the world they'll buff Divine Storm damage when they do AOE passes, and then Holy Avenger becomes pretty attractive for multi-target, at least.

there's a few multidot fights next tier, I'd keep your 4piece T14 in bags and play around with it on some fights. The seal damage and judgement swapping might turn out decent, harder to play but should be worthwile hanging on to. That said you won't win any meter races next tier as ret unless you play with horrible people.

---------- Post added 2013-02-26 at 04:37 PM ----------

you see, if you had a smiley face somewhere in that rant we would think this was a joke, now we think you're kinda mad (see what I did there?)

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodrogue View Post
    That is the new 4P for T14 (Hof/Terrace), how soon should we break 4P? (personally have 4P 2/2 upgraded)
    as soon as you get 2-piece T15 - unless the T15 pieces are LFR and you're rocking heroic T14.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothmor View Post
    Im reading the posts on mmo champion since 5 or 6 years, since 3 years everyday before I log into WoW and the first time i read a post from Anaxie I waited for a ban and he got one but not perma, he got a second but not perma a third but not perma, a fourteenth but...... I was amused. The perma ban was well deserved, since years....
    What perma ban? Anaxie got a 5-point infraction (the minimum) which added to his previous points so he's now banned for a week.

This is a huge bunch of drama over nothing. He'll be back in a week.

You're all asking for more lenient moderation, but I really don't see how there ever should be personal attacks in theorycrafting. If you want to refute something, prove the math is wrong. There are no "points" for bashing a guy (and in this case, it sounds like bashing without even taking the time to understand the argument).

Like was said many times in the past, if you have a problem, PM me or Boubouille. Moderation discussion in this thread ends here. Thanks.