Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Oh look, another one of these threads. You could at least ask a mod to remove the 'totally awesome' part from the title to make it sound a little less pretentious and not give the impression that you consider yourself to be Blizzard's gift unto the lowly masses.
    This thread has existed since early beta. The "totally awesome" part is the best part.

Back in T13 Badpaladin CHANGED my thread title to: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...otally+kickass
    I'm like a gladiator title T15 will be : Anaxie's Totally Super Duper T15 BiS list :P
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-09-24 at 06:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, official warning time. If you're not here to offer constructive criticism or to discuss the thread's actual subject material and purpose, do not post. Further attempts to derail the thread with condescension will be infracted.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Pre-raid BiS is a little trickier to determine, as there are generally more options per slot at that gear level. For example, for the chest slot alone, there is

Riverbed Chestguard (463, Vendor)
    Hateshatter Chestplate (463, Heroic Dungeon)
    Ferocious Plate of the Golden Lotus (463, Quest reward)
    Ghost Reaver's Breatplate (476, Crafted)
    Breastplate of the King's Guard (476, LFR)
    Garalon's Craven Chestpiece (483, LFR)
    White Tiger Battleplate (483, LFR)

So, should pre-raid BiS include LFR gear? Super expensive (for at least the first few weeks) crafted gear? Everyone's idea of "pre-raid" is different, especially early in an expansion. Generally, you can get full 463 gear by doing Heroics, with a few vendor pieces to fill in your bad luck gaps. Even world first guilds will have a difficult time getting their entire raid team outfitted in the absolute best pre-raid gear in the first week.

Everything else is just a matter of maxing your ilvl. More stats = better.
    Last edited by Zephur; 2012-09-24 at 06:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Btw the honor pvp gloves have retained the 5% dmg on CS which is kinda strange since the valor ones have the increased range on Judgment.They seem to be a viable alternative for when we hit 90.

likely add a "pre" HoF Bis set since we will be in vaults for a month. Gear to prepare before the REAL raids launch :P

EDIT:

Almost done with Update.

The Mogu'shan raid BIS list is very shocking and likely the most important part to read early expansion. Some VP items will be BIS going into the second half of T14 aswell as PVP items.Specifically PVP shoulders.

---------- Post added 2012-09-25 at 04:57 AM ----------

Updated OP now, read as it fills in at your leisure.

---------- Post added 2012-09-25 at 06:26 AM ----------

TIME FOR MOP! Updates when I'm doing with Full Gold Challenges!
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-09-25 at 06:43 AM.

Oh look, another one of these threads. You could at least ask a mod to remove the 'totally awesome' part from the title to make it sound a little less pretentious and not give the impression that you consider yourself to be Blizzard's gift unto the lowly masses.
    But he's really such a gift. There so few top paladins actually contributing to the community so I don't care in which form do they contribute as long as I can understand them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephur View Post
    Everyone's idea of "pre-raid" is different, especially early in an expansion. Generally, you can get full 463 gear by doing Heroics, with a few vendor pieces to fill in your bad luck gaps. Even world first guilds will have a difficult time getting their entire raid team outfitted in the absolute best pre-raid gear in the first week.

Everything else is just a matter of maxing your ilvl. More stats = better.
    I guess you are right. I was just whining cause I didn't find what I was looking for..

I also think it's good to get a theorycrafting discussion going, and it doesn't seem I made that clear enough in my last post and I'm sorry for that.

Some of that PvP gear looks way overbudget in PvE stats. Didn't Blizzard say they never want PvP gear in PvE, and vice versa?

Some of that PvP gear looks way overbudget in PvE stats. Didn't Blizzard say they never want PvP gear in PvE, and vice versa?
    Nope they just went back to TBC model with resiliance not part of the budget.

PVP players will take no damage and DOMINATE pve players by hitting them twice as hard.

This is perfect. It sucks for EARLY gear but once we do a single heroic tier PVP will no longer be viable alternatives. Well... maybe in some cases for lesser armor slots :P

Personally I think the strength should be cut 30% and add more PVP power so PVE players desire pve gear.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Personally I think the strength should be cut 30% and add more PVP power so PVE players desire pve gear.
    This right here. I don't want to pvp!

While others wonder on the reason for this thread, i just wanted to add my appreciation for taking the time to research, post and maintain) it.

Being in as best in slot as possible for the raid launches might not be top of everyones "to do" list in MoP, but for those who take raiding seriously (or semi seriously), are primarily focused on doing that.

been refering to Anaxie's list in comparison with this link for starter hc dungeon -> raid gearing progression
    http://www.wowhead.com/items?filter=...:0:0;gb=1#head

+1 vote for stickie
    Last edited by Firegalus; 2012-09-27 at 12:31 PM.

Despair are recruiting see RecuitPost for details or visit http://www.eu-despair.com

I read through the entire post, and was wondering why engineering was good, I havent really looked at the things you get from engineering yet so that may be why.

Quote Originally Posted by idpsutank View Post
    I read through the entire post, and was wondering why engineering was good, I havent really looked at the things you get from engineering yet so that may be why.
    I believe it's because Execution sentence lines up perfectly with the engineering springs.

Ok, so looks like im dropping JC for Engineering. Time to farm some mats.

Deleted
    While i agree with you on some, i don't feel like there is many threads like these around, for Ret.When it's updated it will be used by alot of people.
    Maybe you can actually contribute something instead of whining.

Deleted
    This right here. I don't want to pvp!
    patch 4.3 says hello, i had to raid to remain competitive in pvp, but i digress.

thanks for posting this topic, i decided to main my paladin this x-pac and this list has helped me alot in terms of gear selection ect.

How come the brewfest trinket is listed in the 5 man bis section, but didn't make it in the trinket section at the top?

Two things:

1) Has anyone seen Mogu'Dar, Blade of the Thousand Slaves yet?
    2) Anaxie, I think you accidentally the shoulder slot in the 5 man Heroic BiS section

Going back to trinkets...

Is it intended that all three versions (H, N, LFR) of Darkmist Vortex, Lei Shin's, and Jade Charioteer have the same proc? Only the static stat is changing. Shouldn't the proc be scaling with ilvl?

Deleted
    Sha of Anger drops tier aswell so you should try do them both each reset.Got my tier legs from him yesterday woohoo.