Deleted
    I looked but could not find one is there a PROT pally bis spreadsheet about ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephur View Post
    Going back to trinkets...

Is it intended that all three versions (H, N, LFR) of Darkmist Vortex, Lei Shin's, and Jade Charioteer have the same proc? Only the static stat is changing. Shouldn't the proc be scaling with ilvl?
    If you view the tooltips in-game (wowhead has a link button for every item that you paste into the chat in WoW), they display proper numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderhuge View Post
    Two things:

1) Has anyone seen Mogu'Dar, Blade of the Thousand Slaves yet?
    The wowhead comments have a few people confirming it drops

Guildie of mine got it a few hours ago.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Which JC gems should we use now, strg one or haste for yellow slots?

And one more question delaying HA to get it lined up with AW is worth for more burst or should i use HA before AW is rdy?
    Last edited by Monoroth; 2012-09-30 at 04:56 AM.

Wanted to say thank you very much Anaxie,i really appriciate your time and effort on this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman101 View Post
    I looked but could not find one is there a PROT pally bis spreadsheet about ?
    There will be a profile of one yes but it's not as clear cut for tanks as it used to, so there will be options for each slot rather than definitely a set item. Will do it later as posted on another thread asking the same question.

Anyway, back to Retribution...
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by monoroth View Post
    Which JC gems should we use now, strg one or haste for yellow slots?
    Haste, because it's a loss to use a pure strength gem, which is unfortunate. This is why I'm switching my JC to engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by monoroth View Post
    And one more question delaying HA to get it lined up with AW is worth for more burst or should i use HA before AW is rdy?
    Line up the first ones for sure. If the fight lasts around 3 minutes or less, do not delay Holy Avenger. If the fight lasts around 3:20-4:05, delay your second Holy Avenger to line up with Avenging Wrath. If the fight lasts around 4:20-5:00, don't delay your Holy Avengers, but delay your second Avenging Wrath to line up with your third Holy Avenger. If you started off with Guardian and the fight lasts around 5:20-6:00, delay both your second Avenging Wrath and your third Holy Avenger to line up with your second Guardian. That's up to what I'm sure of at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephur View Post
    Going back to trinkets...

Is it intended that all three versions (H, N, LFR) of Darkmist Vortex, Lei Shin's, and Jade Charioteer have the same proc? Only the static stat is changing. Shouldn't the proc be scaling with ilvl?
    They do. The wowhead tooltips are messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Haste, because it's a loss to use a pure strength gem, which is unfortunate. This is why I'm switching my JC to engineering.

Line up the first ones for sure. If the fight lasts around 3 minutes or less, do not delay Holy Avenger. If the fight lasts around 3:20-4:05, delay your second Holy Avenger to line up with Avenging Wrath. If the fight lasts around 4:20-5:00, don't delay your Holy Avengers, but delay your second Avenging Wrath to line up with your third Holy Avenger. If you started off with Guardian and the fight lasts around 5:20-6:00, delay both your second Avenging Wrath and your third Holy Avenger to line up with your second Guardian. That's up to what I'm sure of at this point.
    Thank you.

Shoulder offspec doesnt really make sence to me, I feel like the Helm would be a much better alternative.
    Changing the tier helm for Nullification Greathelm, and traiding the current shoulderpads of misshapen life for the teir shoulders would net the following changes (all numbers assuming heroic gear) -96 Hit, -180 Str, -1336 Mastery, + 305 Crit, and +1060 Haste. Since Haste is quite a bit our best stat, this seems like an overall positive change. Is there something im missing that made you pick the offspec shoulders over the offspec helm?

Isn't it better to gem haste/hit instead of str/hit in blue sockets?
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Isn't it better to gem haste/hit instead of str/hit in blue sockets?
    Holy shit is that a gem? Yes it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Holy shit is that a gem? Yes it is.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=76642

Deleted
    hey anaxie could you link the stat values like str : 3.20 ( WHATEVER) haste : 2.1 ( WHATEVER) ?

I'm running the sim right now for pre-raid gear stat weights. I've also done up a spreadsheet that calculates trinket DPS rankings. But I'm having some trouble calculating new coefficients. A lot depends on talents and 4pc t14. If anyone wants to help work on that, shoot me a PM.

I'll update this post as soon as SimC is done crunching the numbers.

OK, so, using the most up to date SimC profiles (they were updated a couple days ago, but aren't in the release version yet), I get these stat weights:

Pre-raid:

Strength (2.83) > Hit (2.19) > Exp (1.53) > Haste (1.34) > AP (1.23) > Mastery (0.88) = Crit (0.88)

T14H:

Hit (3.74) > Strength (3.62) > Exp (2.59) > Haste (2.04) > Mastery (1.64) > Crit (1.57) > AP (1.56)
    Last edited by Zephur; 2012-10-01 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Haste, because it's a loss to use a pure strength gem, which is unfortunate. This is why I'm switching my JC to engineering
    I don't think this is necessarily true for JC gems. The reason being you get 320 str per, for a total of 640 Str. Haste, you only get 480 per or 960 for both, which does not equal the double stat budget that the other gems (sun's radiance and primordial ruby's 320 and 160 respectively). That being said, you still do get a better benefit from the strength JC gems over the secondary stats, unless I'm missing something painfully obvious.

Updated OP and some items priority order. Could be wrong on one item. Very busy with this hectic launch as I'm sure everyone else is. DAMN U TIGER CARDS!.

maybe I'm insane but did somewhere in this thread someone mention using Sanctified Wrath? Isn't Divine Purpose better? I was pretty certain...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yau View Post
    maybe I'm insane but did somewhere in this thread someone mention using Sanctified Wrath? Isn't Divine Purpose better? I was pretty certain...
    It's been mentioned several times.

Sanctified Wrath will trump the rest in T14h
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature