Hi, i was just wondering what gems should i be socketing? For eg. if i have a red socket, should i gem a pure str gem, or a str&haste gem? I know you have some recommendations in ur thread, but iv heard and seen a lot of different answers from other experienced rets with the sudden new value of haste, but i would like to get an official opinion on this. Thank you.

Kinda sucks I got all that PvP gear for most slots and then it got nerfed, QQ. Thanks Anaxie for pointing out the PvP pieces even if it was for ONE raid night

With the Dreadful Secondary stats nerf, is it sill BiS pre raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Balhale View Post
    His numbers are from the stat simulations I did. However, he grabbed the wrong ones - the T14H numbers instead of preraid numbers. Basically, at the start of the tier, gem like we did in cata except haste instead of mastery. Str in reds, Str/haste in yellows, str/hit in blues unless you really need more hit or exp that you can't get anywhere else. By the T14H level, gem Str/haste in reds, Haste in yellows, haste/hit in blues.
    Hey, jus curious WHEN you start swapping out for haste? I'll personally be between normal and heroic gear for a bit and hate to do guesswork.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinivus View Post
    Hey, jus curious WHEN you start swapping out for haste? I'll personally be between normal and heroic gear for a bit and hate to do guesswork.
    I need to run normal mode stat sims still, but I would guess based on the fact that haste is barely strong enough at T14H level that it would probably be when you start replacing normal gear with heroic pieces, so like 497-498ish ilvl. That's only a guess, so don't take it as gospel.

Just a small correction for front page:

"Some slots do NOT drop in the raid! <Shoulder, Belt, Bracer,Trinket unless u buy DMC>"

bracers drop off gara'jal the spiritbinder, I think you meant rings instead.

A question for those who use talents swap pre-pull: how do you deal with that annoying "Addon is blocked blahblah disable/skip" error? First it was Skada, okay, I can disable it. Then it was DBM, well... that's possible to disable, but when sUF error appeared, this is where I snapped. So, how do you avoid that mistake leaving you with sanctified wrath at pull?

What are the best talents for each fight in your opinions? I spent all week trial and erroring and wondering what you guys learnt alao..
    Stone guard
    Holy avenger to get burst done quicker, lights hammer due to 2 targets, also divine storm is better on 2 targets.
    Feng
    Again holy avenger worked out good timing wise, lights hammer optional if you want to help heal, personally used unbreakale spirit and bubbled/stood in the first epicentre
    Spiritbinder
    Again holy avenger to burst quick after coming up, wog and FoL glyph for downstairs
    Spirit kings, div prot glyph for physical, i think SW is fine on this boss because <30 sec burst isnt helpful, divine storm glyph for the mind control, i like clemency due to bops on people/double sac on tanks

Excuse grammar, on ipad, may edit later. ALL 25M POV
    Last edited by Jinivus; 2012-10-05 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    A question for those who use talents swap pre-pull: how do you deal with that annoying "Addon is blocked blahblah disable/skip" error? First it was Skada, okay, I can disable it. Then it was DBM, well... that's possible to disable, but when sUF error appeared, this is where I snapped. So, how do you avoid that mistake leaving you with sanctified wrath at pull?
    A /reload should fix that problem for you 9/10 times. It hasn't failed me recently if that counts for anything. As for encounter talents, I'll say that a standard build for me is PoJ, BoG, SS, US, SW, ES and point out some reasons for each choice. Also, should point out this is a 10M perspective.

The Stone Guard
    Sanctified Wrath - Our strat involves a lot of time in melee without really moving away from the bosses, so 30 seconds of burst was possible with each set of AW.
    Light's Hammer - Should always hit 2 targets and heals, putting it way ahead of ES.

Feng the Accursed
    Used the standard build. Only one target in the fight. May swap to HA to this due to the randomness of Sparks and other mechanics.

Gara'jal the Spiritbinder
    Divine Purpose - It's a much better talent if you're going in and out of the Spirit World, forcing you to be on the move constantly.
    (Debating this one) Holy Prism - If Holy Prism's AoE heal grants stacks to targets in the Spirit Realm, this is the clear winner. While you may lose some personal DPS here, the raid will gain from it.

The Spirit Kings
    Use the standard build. Just be smart about using Sanc Wrath and be aware of timers on abilities, especially later into the fight. Also, don't use Hammer of the Troll to help AoE friendlies out of Maddening Shout, that 10% AP debuff makes people lose it.

Elegon
    Selfless Healer - With people taking 50% additional healing, tossing these out to others after Total Annihilation is very, very strong.
    Sanctified Wrath - I've been trying this encounter with a few different things, and you're really looking at a trade-off here. DP will make Phases 2 and 3 a lot less painful for you, but SW on that final phase will be pushing you into the DPS stratosphere.
    ES/Holy Prism - Another odd choice. ES does tons of damage, but the healing output of HP can get very outrageous at some points. HP also wins in Phases 2 and 3, where sometimes you just need that extra ability to kill adds.

Will of the Emperor
    Divine Purpose - Only assuming this, but DP is the winner when there are tons of low HP adds to kill.
    Light's Hammer - Much better for adds and for the extra heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderhuge View Post
    A /reload should fix that problem for you 9/10 times. It hasn't failed me recently if that counts for anything.
    A reload command won't help 1 second before pull when you press macro for new zealotry and receive an error =)

Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    A reload command won't help 1 second before pull when you press macro for new zealotry and receive an error =)
    I'm running into the same issue fairly often with DBM/Bigwigs/Shadowed Unit Frames but I have a sort-of-workaround thats been satisfactory so far:

If you have everything stuffed into two macros, just make versions of those macros that don't have the lines for popping GOAK, wings, and str potion for testing purposes. Also make 2 macros that will switch your lvl75 talent back to SW.

So basically well before the pull, I'll test with those macros. If i get the block error, I'll do a quick reload ui and then try again. If the error is cleared I'll make sure I switch talent back to SW before the pull. I've never had the error repeat back to back after a reload... yet (fingers crossed). I pretty much cycle these macros all the time out of combat just to test for the block error. You just need to carry like a million Tomes of the Clear Mind.
    Last edited by tavistra; 2012-10-05 at 10:18 PM.

Crazy week crazy bosses.

Safe to say ret will be one of the best classes in the game when 4 set is obtained. Your raid would be stupid not to give you priority on Conqu tokens.

Downside is I have no idea how T15 can beat going from 2.5 min to 1min between hammer spam and +20% damage. +1k ish strength will be nowhere close to beating that unless they remove or nerf it.

Nevermind the absolute insane dps gains from Damage bosses like Wind Lord, or Elegon. Be ready to take 0 upgrades outside minor armor/accesories/trinkets and ofc a nice big new 2H <MACE PLEASE! <3 Torch of the Damned>

Also be sure to grab ALL HEROIC TOKENS SLOTS when they are going offset pickup your 5th token because while. Shoulders will be undesired for first tier from hit overcapping. They have outstanding ratings and will be the best slot if T15 isn't so hit bloated. Hands hopfully get replaced. Crit sucks.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-10-05 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    ... and ofc a nice big new 2H <MACE PLEASE! <3 Torch of the Damned>
    Agreed about the mace - I want to use my racial, damnit!
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Crazy week crazy bosses.

Safe to say ret will be one of the best classes in the game when 4 set is obtained. Your raid would be stupid not to give you priority on Conqu tokens.
    I'll be sure to let my guild know that if DPS is required, I need mah tokenz!

Downside is I have no idea how T15 can beat going from 2.5 min to 1min between hammer spam and +20% damage. +1k ish strength will be nowhere close to beating that unless they remove or nerf it.
    T15 HAS to compete, even if the T15 4-set isn't quite as good, the 2-set bonus could be made to be better than usual. I don't think the T14 set bonus would be nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post

T15 HAS to compete, even if the T15 4-set isn't quite as good, the 2-set bonus could be made to be better than usual. I don't think the T14 set bonus would be nerfed.
    Or you know they could buff our sustained damage at that point. Instead of buffing our burst in pve that requires band-aids every tier and fucks us over in pvp. At least one can hope... right?!

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post

The thing is... a higher uptime on flat 20% damage alone can outweight a few tier of ilvl gains. And hammer is quite potent especially under vortex where your GCD should be 1.05-1.1 seconds during proc. It's great too if it unsyncs towards the 20% phase because then you can speed up your long 4.8-5.0 second hammers to about 4seconds and can follow up sometime with another row of 2.2 second hammers with wings. 2.2-2.4 is fine because with 22% haste your gcd should be 1.28 seconds anyhow.

Deleted
    Thanks a lots for this very useful thread!
    Switching here from "Butosai's help-me not suck thread"

Ret seems to be doing good this early tier content.

I was wondering : I have Blacksmithing and Tailoring as professions, should I swap for engineering and replace tailoring ? or is the delta between those is small enough to be ignored by a semi-casual gamer ? (I love to be optimised, but I'm studying medicine and can't play a lot of time... thus the akward question)

Thanks again for all your efforts

Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    Thanks a lots for this very useful thread!
    Switching here from "Butosai's help-me not suck thread"

Ret seems to be doing good this early tier content.

I was wondering : I have Blacksmithing and Tailoring as professions, should I swap for engineering and replace tailoring ? or is the delta between those is small enough to be ignored by a semi-casual gamer ? (I love to be optimised, but I'm studying medicine and can't play a lot of time... thus the akward question)

Thanks again for all your efforts
    I would keep BS and tailoring as they are 2nd and 3rd to engy, in fact I think tailoring is insanely good atm. Not enough difference to warrant a change, especially since you might not always run es.

So,which VP item we going for 1st?

I think it's worth pointing out that JC is our worst profession at the moment.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rst-profession

To obtain the JC stat bonus, we forgo the superior hydrid gem in favor of pure reds.

Because of this, the relative gain of using JC gems is LESS than 320 stats.