Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Also Rikh. Correct me if I'm wrong but i think mastery > haste on wind lord. Confirm or deny?

I bet mastery wins. Sadly you cannot sim it you can only test because of the sheer burst associated with the phase.
    Mastery could probably be better on that single fight yes but I'm probably never gonna bother to reforge for a single fight unless it's something the guild is working on for several days.
    Last edited by mmocd33b83f790; 2012-11-22 at 02:28 AM.

So I currently have Normal Darkmist Vortex, Normal Lei Shin's Orders and Relic of Xuen, which ones would be better to use or would it have to be fight specific or just personal preference? I'm leaning more towards Darkmist Vortex and Relic of Xuen, just because the haste proc just seems really powerful atm, but I would love to hear your guys' opinion/advice on this.

I can't post a link to my armory so, just look me up, Mel on Mug'thol-US

Lei Shin's > all for ret. Take Lei Shin and you really ought to sim Vortex/Xuen since they are really close.

Thanks for making another one of these threads Anaxie some seriously great stuff.

This is my first tier playing as Ret I'm holding my own in the raids I've done. I'd like to improve my damage and I'm curious if the lfr tier helm and chest should be used over my current items to obtain 4-set asap or should I wait until I get the normal versions? I'd lose a lot of haste which I currently don't even have much of right now since I'm in a rather slow progression guild. My armory is in my signature.

Any help is appreciated!
    Last edited by Joeseidon; 2012-11-23 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Cleaning it up

Deleted
    Balhale, is aoe supported in simulationcraft?
    I imported my character (did not respec/retalent for aoe), changed number of enemies and edited priorities list (Crusader Strike -> Hammer of the righteous, Templar's Verdict -> Divine Storm) and got following results:

3 enemies:

6 enemies:

edit: significantly different results with 100 seconds fight length, as anaxie predicted.
    Last edited by mmocf5e5951073; 2012-11-22 at 01:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So simcraft has been telling me that crit is currently a tenth or two of a point ahead of mastery for my weights right now, and that its just barely worse than haste (1.26 haste vs 1.22 crit). Anyone else have this come up, and is there any reason I should pursue such a course (which also includes gemming for strength again, as its at like 3.0 compared to 1.26 haste), or ignore it and go with haste gemming and mastery > crit?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    That's not always 100% accurate, but it gives a fair depiction ratio-wise.

I doubt rets will be 2nd last (2H WW and arms dont count), but they definitely won't be as high as they are currently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Also sidenote doing some rough napkin math of the stats... more specifically HIT items will gain with the +8 ilvl VP upgrade system. For draenei atleast you should be fine taking all normal items on list + swapping everspark H elite neck for congealed neck off Garalon + 180 Crit to cloak or if tailor just enjoy that.
    Getting a heroic elite neck will be pretty impossible for a long time for most people sadly

Deleted
    Any opinions on what I should upgrade next with VPs, choice is pretty much between:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=89055
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=89345
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=89420

My armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oxeneta/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkcrusader View Post
    Balhale, is aoe supported in simulationcraft?
    I imported my character (did not respec/retalent for aoe), changed number of enemies and edited priorities list (Crusader Strike -> Hammer of the righteous, Templar's Verdict -> Divine Storm) and got following results:

3 enemies:

6 enemies:

edit: significantly different results with 100 seconds fight length, as anaxie predicted.
    Don't see anything unusual about that. AoE = more dmg = stats are worth more. As you hit more targets HoTR and DS become more of your dmg and so mastery is worth more compared to crit. And yes, all AoE is implemented, incl. HoTR, DS, MassExo, SotR, LH. Your link is the obvious result of a really short sim where scale factors are not very accurate.

Deleted
    No trinket from Lei Shi hc, prot pala used coin and got it.. like okay ?

Yeah I saw that Kaya, gratz on Lei Shi kill tho:P I'm using the normal one atm, doesn't seem to be a big difference between it and DMC card. Then again I don't have 4 set yet and with a bit of CD allignment I assume the trinket off Lei Shi will pull ahead.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    Very useful thread, thanks a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    So we killed the windlord again and i had a bug there i used my macro für Light's Hammer and the whole fight long i only had damage from 3 use of it. It happens that when i use it there is no ring and it has CD, but i can't see any damage incomeing and looking at recount says the same: only 2m damage cause of it

This is my macro:

#showtooltipp
    /use White Tiger Gauntlets
    /cast Light's Hammer

Maybe its because i use the ingi, gloves with it? Just a site note: 4er Bonus, yay D:

Deleted
    You sure it landed? There's still a bug that when you throw it doesn't land but goes on cd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabyt View Post
    You sure it landed? There's still a bug that when you throw it doesn't land but goes on cd.
    Well, i don't think it landed, since i only got CD on it but no ring to throw it.

Edit: It also happens to my ES Macro (the same like the other one) can it be if you press another skill to fast he just cancel it in an instant? Just a feeling i got..

Edit2: Problem solved...too simple...and too fail >.>
    Last edited by W1shm4ster; 2012-11-27 at 10:04 PM.

Is the Garalon neck better than the heroic elite neck with the upgrade system?

Quote Originally Posted by Charleslol View Post
    Is the Garalon neck better than the heroic elite neck with the upgrade system?
    No guild will ever kill Protectors on elite mode. It's impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    No guild will ever kill Protectors on elite mode. It's impossible.
    Maybe it's just NEARLY impossible...? or maybe Blizzard wants to keep the people who are progressed 100% trying to kill that one fight for half of the tier. Meh.

I got lucky enough to get LFR tier chest and tier shoulders, but when we killed wind lord, not a single conq glove token drops and only got gold from the Charm. So lame.