Combustion was bugged when placed at Amber Monstrocity. It was fixed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    Combustion was bugged when placed at Amber Monstrocity. It was fixed soon.
    The bug fixed they put in for Garalon cleave damage off legs, ending up screwing Amber fight. what ^ said is the short verion. Was hotfixed the day after or so

Just ran all the bis gear through wowreforge while changing the values so they are upgraded for the purpose of seeing the ratings, non-Draenei will want to drop the lightning gem in the belt. At that point you would be 11 over hit cap and 1 over exp cap.

Stats for Horde with everspark: 2969 crit, 2551 exp, 9310 haste, 2561 hit, 5080 mastery.

Stats for Draenei with congealed: 3867 crit, 2552 exp, 9277 haste, 2213 hit, 4469 mastery.

And Draenei with everspark: 3209 crit, 2551 exp, 9258 haste, 2373 hit, 5080 mastery.(can change helm gem to Str/stam to only be 3 over hit cap)

So for Draenei using ever spark is -658 crit, -19 haste, +611 mastery, +56 strength. (And if you swap your helm gem to str/stam its 80str for 160haste and 160hit that is unused).

I'll recheck my math again later, but I'm pretty sure it is correct. It seems like it will be better for everyone to use the everspark neck eventually when its obtainable.

Quote Originally Posted by Saferis View Post
    I do not recall that being possible in cata (Before 5.0). From my recollection, if you tried to overwrite an inquisition in cata with a less powerful one (duration wise) an error message would pop up saying "A more powerful spell is already active". Blizzard decided to troll us i guess.
    It was possible in Cata.

Hey... I feng dropped this one yesterday - http://www.wowhead.com/item=87026 and I currently have http://www.wowhead.com/item=86154 - is the 38 str worth loosing the haste?

So I'm up to 9.2k haste and I simmed to see my stat weights and got:

Strength: 3.43
    Haste: 1.48
    Mastery: 1.39
    Crit: 1.27
    (This was over 50k iterations)

I'm starting to believe there is a point in which we should be gemming strength again.
    My armory for reference, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%B9ne/advanced

Simcraft has been saying the same for me, i think since i got 2set (was pretty close to being 2haste=1str at that point), now with 4 set (i493) im seeing similar results in simc to you
    Str-3.39
    Haste-1.55
    Mastery-1.38
    Crit-1.34

Despair are recruiting see RecuitPost for details or visit http://www.eu-despair.com

Deleted
    Simcraft has been doing that at 9.2k haste for a while now, but if you sim with the new values, it will put haste ahead again.

So.. this game really doesn't want me to get 4-set. I've got LFR tier shoulders and normal tier legs equipped (and I've gotten TWO of those from Sha), LFR tier chest available when I get that 4th tier piece - either gloves or helmet but REALLY prefer the gloves - but I still haven't seen a single damn tier glove token drop from ANYWHERE after killing Sha almost every week since launch and using a charm on him every time, having killed Wind Lord on regular and LFR multiple times and using a charm on normal Wind Lord every single time.

Meh, I had to vent. RNG sucks major donkey balls.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightG View Post
    Simcraft has been doing that at 9.2k haste for a while now, but if you sim with the new values, it will put haste ahead again.
    How do you sim with new values? You mean with the new release that's come out or.. what?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightG View Post
    my figures were running 510-5 which was the latest as of today, @ 8823 haste

Despair are recruiting see RecuitPost for details or visit http://www.eu-despair.com

I noticed while simming that gemming strength after 20% haste(7500-8000 I think?) is better in normal/lfr gear, I haven't checked with heroic gear. But I bet 25% in full heroic gear is what we should be aiming for.

Have you seen the discussion over at ej.
    prioritizing judgment over crusader/hotr(2 targets) if the target has < 20% health or you have aw up is a dps increase
    hotr mathed out to be better at 2+ targets
    hotr does more damage than exo/how at 5 targets, 4 targets in half heroic gear~

Quote Originally Posted by Killmour View Post
    Just ran all the bis gear through wowreforge while changing the values so they are upgraded for the purpose of seeing the ratings, non-Draenei will want to drop the lightning gem in the belt. At that point you would be 11 over hit cap and 1 over exp cap.

Stats for Horde with everspark: 2969 crit, 2551 exp, 9310 haste, 2561 hit, 5080 mastery.

Stats for Draenei with congealed: 3867 crit, 2552 exp, 9277 haste, 2213 hit, 4469 mastery.

And Draenei with everspark: 3209 crit, 2551 exp, 9258 haste, 2373 hit, 5080 mastery.(can change helm gem to Str/stam to only be 3 over hit cap)

So for Draenei using ever spark is -658 crit, -19 haste, +611 mastery, +56 strength. (And if you swap your helm gem to str/stam its 80str for 160haste and 160hit that is unused).

I'll recheck my math again later, but I'm pretty sure it is correct. It seems like it will be better for everyone to use the everspark neck eventually when its obtainable.
    Good to know. had a feeling the other budget stats may be stronger then the wasted hit.
    Have you tried Yellow gem in the belt and ignore socket bonus and keep jade in helm? Should be a larger stats / dps gain. Unless str is simming above haste at 21%

You shouldn't break 22% haste in BIS so i think the gemming issue will solve itself. This tier atleast.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-12-06 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexyn View Post
    I see a couple posts mentioning that they are simming Mastery > Crit, but whenever I run Simcraft I am getting Crit > Mastery.
    My current weights:
    WDPS: 4.97
    Str: 3.11
    Haste: 1.56
    Crit: 1.20
    Mastery: 1.16

I've no clue what would make such a difference for others.
    Higher weapon damage means higher CS/TV/HOTR/DS + mastery damage, higher auto-attack damage and a little higher seal damage. Weapon damage does nothing for anything else, so it's logical that mastery would pull ahead eventually with a good-enough weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    So.. this game really doesn't want me to get 4-set. I've got LFR tier shoulders and normal tier legs equipped (and I've gotten TWO of those from Sha), LFR tier chest available when I get that 4th tier piece - either gloves or helmet but REALLY prefer the gloves - but I still haven't seen a single damn tier glove token drop from ANYWHERE after killing Sha almost every week since launch and using a charm on him every time, having killed Wind Lord on regular and LFR multiple times and using a charm on normal Wind Lord every single time.

Meh, I had to vent. RNG sucks major donkey balls.
    Seeing this just makes me pissed. Stop complaining. Please.

Has the value of 2 haste vs 1 str actually been better for anyone so far? I don't understand why people are complaining about this either. I've seen 1 str > 2 haste in SimCraft for me as well as better geared rets ever since release.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2012-12-07 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Yeah it could be worse I guess but my guild has only killed 2 heroic bosses, so there's also that..

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Yeah it could be worse I guess but my guild has only killed 2 heroic bosses, so there's also that..
    Your armory says you have killed bosses that can drop tier pieces 8 times. How you can justify a deserving 4 piece out of that and even complain makes no sense.

Post productively, not digging in people's armories and noting your feelings about how their posts make your feel. Or telling them what should or shouldn't happen to them and their characters please.-Krekko
    Last edited by Krekko; 2012-12-07 at 03:33 PM.

Regarding simcraft showing str > 2 x haste : The better your weapon is the more weight haste will have or so they say.

I have HC Starshatter so I dont think thats true.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post

Has the value of 2 haste vs 1 str actually been better for anyone so far? I don't understand why people are complaining about this either. I've seen 1 str > 2 haste in SimCraft for me as well as better geared rets ever since release.
    Str Crit Haste Mastery
    3.16 1.21 1.93 1.13

For me. To be fair I always test based on light movement.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-12-07 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Good to know. had a feeling the other budget stats may be stronger then the wasted hit.
    Have you tried Yellow gem in the belt and ignore socket bonus and keep jade in helm? Should be a larger stats / dps gain. Unless str is simming above haste at 21%

You shouldn't break 22% haste in BIS so i think the gemming issue will solve itself. This tier atleast.
    Yea the base setup was with an alternate gem in the belt, I had a haste one for that setup, but it can be whatever sims better obv. Draenei will have to replace the helm gem too if you don't want to waste stats.