Deleted
    Yo, here is a question, does Light's hammer can be used on Lei shi during hide to damage him ?

Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    Yo, here is a question, does Light's hammer can be used on Lei shi during hide to damage him ?
    Yes. Any non targeted AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    Yes. Any non targeted AoE.
    Kinda bullshit that rets have NO ways to break stealth except a talent with 1min cd though.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Late into the thread here. Are ret pallys supposed to be gemming haste? also, haste>mastery>crit for reforging, obviously while being hit and expertise capped? if this is true, will it be the same in 5.2?

Right now you should be gemming haste most definitely, except in red you go haste/str. Also Haste/hit in blue, and so on. In 5.2 thought Mastery is looking very good at the moment but we will see if it outweighs haste pretty quickly.

Quick question, since they added the legendary item to add an extra socket to sha-touched weapons, I was wondering if Heroic Starshatter is still better than Normal Sha of Fear weapon even with Legendary gem which is 500 str and the additional socket with 320 haste.

Quote Originally Posted by mels View Post
    Quick question, since they added the legendary item to add an extra socket to sha-touched weapons, I was wondering if Heroic Starshatter is still better than Normal Sha of Fear weapon even with Legendary gem which is 500 str and the additional socket with 320 haste.
    For me Prismatic N shinka > h-starshatter by about 400dps this is ignoring innate secondaries because that's dependent on your gear. Personally I've reforged out of expertise almost everywhere and thus the starshatter is even less appealing.

Basically, sim your own char and go from there.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2013-01-27 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mels View Post
    There are multiple threads about this. Sim your own gear, it's slightly different for everyone.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Starshatter-HC

Deleted
    For my 501 ilvl ret Starshatter HC is a bit better than Shinka +2gems, but I'm human. Difference is about 15str, so for any non-human Shinka should be better + u don't have expertise problems.

Thank the loRd for all the hit on gear, really helped me switching from the sword to axe, xD! From 6.5% to 4% with no reforging

Think Ima keep the "totally" tag for all my future threads. Totally Magnificent MoP Retribution T15 BiS list and Theorycraft anyone? The title thread suits me perfectly as I'm sure anyone who has had interaction with me in the past 6 years would agree.

Kudo's to badpaladin who started the trend when he turned my 4.3 thread into Anaxie's "Totally Kickass" thread. I loved the tag from the start.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-01-29 at 01:54 PM.

you are so totally awesome anaxie we need to troll some more noobs in Gilneas Boat STRAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilanti View Post
    you are so totally awesome anaxie we need to troll some more noobs in Gilneas Boat STRAT!
    Suck up. ^^

I'm just curious, do any other top 100 guild rets feel like they're pulling their weight dps wise?
    I mean... sure on Garalon we do great and kinda good on Wind Lord... but something like Sha of Fear or Empress?
    I've settled a long time ago that I (ret paladin) will struggle to be top dps, most likely never going to happen...
    I've kept thinking that rets aren't brought to raids for their dps but their utility and tools, but now it seems like there's less and less use for those tools... making us less "worth" in a raid setup. While we were strugling with Sha of Fear heroic a week ago I looked over logs and found that if we replaced me and the other ret paladin and instead took 2 dks that we had on standby we'd go up 80k raid dps in the last phase + better aoe on adds...

So if anyone can honestly tell me a reason to bring a ret paladin over another dps please do, because all I can see is devo aura... which is magic only.

I'm in no threat to lose my raidspot because of performance or attendance etc, but if we hit a dps wall again the easiest fix would be to replace the lowest dps, which 9/10 fights the past tier is going to be a ret paladin despite the "other things" we bring to a raid.
    Just don't see devs noticing the problem and the "jokes" by ghostcrawler via twitter/facebook is pushing me towards holy more and more... I mean they can't be blind of the issues with ret? can they?
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2013-01-31 at 12:05 AM.

I feel the same way regarding Sha. Our damage on adds is pretty abysmal. We do bring Dev Aura and (for that fight) hand of purity, which help a lot, but....I know how you feel. Doing everything I can to max my add damage, and we're still below almost every class. Kinda sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    I'm just curious, do any other top 100 guild rets feel like they're pulling their weight dps wise?
    I mean... sure on Garalon we do great and kinda good on Wind Lord... but something like Sha of Fear or Empress?
    I've settled a long time ago that I (ret paladin) will struggle to be top dps, most likely never going to happen...
    I've kept thinking that rets aren't brought to raids for their dps but their utility and tools, but now it seems like there's less and less use for those tools... making us less "worth" in a raid setup. While we were strugling with Sha of Fear heroic a week ago I looked over logs and found that if we replaced me and the other ret paladin and instead took 2 dks that we had on standby we'd go up 80k raid dps in the last phase + better aoe on adds...

So if anyone can honestly tell me a reason to bring a ret paladin over another dps please do, because all I can see is devo aura... which is magic only.
    Looking at logs on Sha of Fear is kind-of pointless unless every single person in the raid is logging and you comb through all of them at the same time.

EDIT: Actually you only really need the tanks logging. That's probably the most efficient way to do it.
    Last edited by Reith; 2013-01-31 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Looking at logs on Sha of Fear is kind-of pointless unless every single person in the raid is logging and you comb through all of them at the same time.

EDIT: Actually you only really need the tanks logging. That's probably the most efficient way to do it.
    He's talking about last phase specifically isn't he? You can isolate that out and analyze it from just 1 log. First phase doesn't matter in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    He's talking about last phase specifically isn't he? You can isolate that out and analyze it from just 1 log. First phase doesn't matter in that situation.
    ^^^. We also have people resetting meters for p2 to compare add/sha damage.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    MOAR DS DAMAGE. That'll solve some things. I think back to 130% is fair.

As for logs for H sha, i've seen some people who have killed it with a seperate recount/skada for dps and then dam-done on the adds.
    Last edited by Saferis; 2013-01-31 at 03:52 AM.

You can isolate P2 on world of logs and sort it by overall DPS, sha of fear dps and add dps as you want...
    that's beside the point tho, if there's no % damage increase on any fight rets are going to be behind on dps on a biblical scale.
    I can't understand how devs think rets are doing fine at the moment unless they're making half the T15 raids have % damage increases... which so far it doesn't look like.

I don't know... besides the love for the spec there's not much going for ret, atleast for me...