1. #1241
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Feather of Ji-kun has 1600 hit on it though. Keep in mid tier has high hit too and draenei's should feel that pain badly.
    Oh yeah there is that trinket, too. Why it has to be hit, I guess it's to parallel the expertise trinket you can buy? Meh. I'm not liking the itemization of tier. Too much hit when off-pieces have tons of it, especially if you're lucky (unlucky?) enough to get Zerat heroic thunderforged.. oh my god.

  2. #1242
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Oh yeah there is that trinket, too. Why it has to be hit, I guess it's to parallel the expertise trinket you can buy? Meh. I'm not liking the itemization of tier. Too much hit when off-pieces have tons of it, especially if you're lucky (unlucky?) enough to get Zerat heroic thunderforged.. oh my god.
    atleast the hit isn't wasted itemization on duel wield classes. 2handed on other hand =/

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 03:58 AM ----------

    items posted here and in the OP. try to direct traffic of the hundreds of threads about to be made here Reith.

    I'm out for now. exhausting work ahead of me.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 04:29 AM ----------

    Let's make this interesting.

    First please post if i missed Heroic armor pieace.

    second make your own BiS list and post it here we need experimenting the next few days.

    Do not consider TF OR ra-den loot in the list. race must be neutral
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-02-09 at 05:06 AM.

  3. #1243
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/profile=35167986

    Logic for relevant pieces as follows (if I don't mention it, it's a no-brainer):
    Helmet: This off-piece is the lowest hit out of all tier combinations.
    Neck: Red socket.
    Cloak: Better than exp/crit if you can keep from going too much over hit cap.
    Wrist: Only heroic wrist with guaranteed stats. Random enchant haste/mastery would probably be at least the same though.
    Boots: Socket and no hit.
    Trinkets: Primordius and Spark are probably the best combo because that stacking trinket that procs on crits to get more crit is ugh.

    From what I'm looking at, in 535 gear, Crown of the Golden Golem pretty much has to be the off-piece of choice. Hit is kind-of tight if you're matching the two blue sockets (+120 str and +180 str bonuses) with Horn-Rimmed Doomcloak but reforging out of hit on everything except the hit/haste ring is 31 above hit cap.
    Last edited by Reith; 2013-02-09 at 08:22 AM.

  4. #1244
    Legendary! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    6,620
    Very curious to see which wep will be best. Hit exp mess has to be solved first i guess, going to be a massive regorge mess with 3 item tiers to collect.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

  5. #1245
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    105
    I tried the new SoJ on the PTR for a 4-ish minute fight on a H dummy, compared to a equal length test on a H dummy again with SoT. On skada after the SoJ fight, I couldn't find the separate damage of the seal itself. So I'm wondering if on Skada for example, is it melded into the TV damage?

    As for the damage, only self-buffed with kings and with a flask, SoT did 8k more. Odds are i messed up a ton, as I was half awake at the time.

  6. #1246
    Probably a stupid question but how "viable" is it to use the BiS list at normal instead of heroic? Will the difference in hit and exp throw it way off?

  7. #1247
    Trinkets: Primordius and Spark are probably the best combo because that stacking trinket that procs on crits to get more crit is ugh.
    I feel like primordiu's rage has a huge chance to fall off with only chance on hit and 10 seconds. Ji-kun feeathers is 20 sec proc if the icd is only 45 seconds it will win. Imagine Poping ES with it stacked up to 15k strength + guardian with it. Yes.. immense.

    Also LOL PVP. this trinket will hands down break pvp and create one shot scenarios.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 05:30 PM ----------

    May be better off using primordius and zandalar.

    Primordius has 35% proc chance and if it hits off seals 5 stack should happen within 10 seconds. A passive crit and passive haste trinket WOULD open up far better gearing optionis then being locked into 1600 hit trinket. Even forged it's still almost half your hitcap. Limiting tons of choices including viable gemming, Better itemizated loot, Thunderforged.

    Again tho this is also based on "does Ji-kun have low icd" You can only imagine our burst with wings hammer,TV,CS spam during that time. A Holy tv crit may be in the 600k range. Especially with the 30k top end thunderforged heroic weapons we are gonna have. With HoWs heavy 161% SP coif these trinkets will make HoW hit on par with our holy tvs.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-02-09 at 05:33 PM.

  8. #1248
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    May be better off using primordius and zandalar.

    Primordius has 35% proc chance and if it hits off seals 5 stack should happen within 10 seconds. A passive crit and passive haste trinket WOULD open up far better gearing optionis then being locked into 1600 hit trinket. Even forged it's still almost half your hitcap. Limiting tons of choices including viable gemming, Better itemizated loot, Thunderforged.

    Again tho this is also based on "does Ji-kun have low icd" You can only imagine our burst with wings hammer,TV,CS spam during that time. A Holy tv crit may be in the 600k range. Especially with the 30k top end thunderforged heroic weapons we are gonna have. With HoWs heavy 161% SP coif these trinkets will make HoW hit on par with our holy tvs.
    Need more info on the ICD trinkets and Spark for sure. The ra-den cloak and ring should be better all-around for absolute BiS and gives more flexibility in gearing not having to use the hit/crit ring.

  9. #1249
    Yes but Ra-den is only one boss and a massive sized loot table that everyone will want. That and having no normal mode ra-den first version of bis needs to be the 12 bosses only for simplicity then work the ra-den items in a secondary list.

  10. #1250
    Anaxie is passionate about this game. Sometimes it comes across as hostile/rude. He doesn't dance around subjects, he's blunt and to the point with his posts.

    I was just reading this thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-5-4-Wait-what and noticed he was banned. After reading it I'm guessing thats why.

  11. #1251
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeseidon View Post
    Anaxie is passionate about this game. Sometimes it comes across as hostile/rude. He doesn't dance around subjects, he's blunt and to the point with his posts.
    Translation: He can be a jackass, and takes prides in his bans.

    I'm not sure when WoL rankings became a standard for skill because most of the top 100 parses for any class typically involve a player ignoring fight mechanics in favor of personal dps. Also given how close the dps difference are in the top 200 it basically comes down to rng crits and kill times (if your raid has low dps you are pretty much screwed). This is fine for guilds that have everything on farm and meters are the only motivating thing left, but for players still progressing through content using the top of WoL as a benchmark is a bad idea. You should always be theorycrafting and min/maxing your class, but 99 times out of 100 if you are struggling on a boss it's because people are screwing up the mechanics not because of dps.
    Last edited by Kinmaul; 2013-02-10 at 05:42 PM. Reason: grammar

  12. #1252
    The Lightbringer Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,222
    Quote Originally Posted by jello72 View Post
    He put much effort to create and update this thread and to help pala community - pls remove his ban....is a temp or current ban?
    Bans are generally temporary, and are very rarely a result of a single post. A user has to accumulate enough infraction points over a short period of time to trigger a ban.

  13. #1253
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    105
    I'd assume its a temp ban, because a full ban should only be for some crazy flaming or trolling on forums for no purpose.

    On an off note, does ANYONE know why SoJ isn't working on the PTR? I've tried it several times on dummies and all I get after using a TV is the mastery side-damage. I've even looked at my skada meter and it shows nothing about this "extra damage" the seal is supposed to do. I'm assuming this is a bug, and that they will fix it soon.

  14. #1254
    Yes, it's bugged. I imagine (hope) it'll be fixed next build.

  15. #1255
    Legendary! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    6,620
    On the internet you can't be right about something and point it out to people in a rude way, in real life those people are called teachers.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

  16. #1256
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinmaul View Post
    I'm not sure when WoL rankings became a standard for skill because most of the top 100 parses for any class typically involve a player ignoring fight mechanics in favor of personal dps. Also given how close the dps difference are in the top 200 it basically comes down to rng crits and kill times (if your raid has low dps you are pretty much screwed). This is fine for guilds that have everything on farm and meters are the only motivating thing left, but for players still progressing through content using the top of WoL as a benchmark is a bad idea. You should always be theorycrafting and min/maxing your class, but 99 times out of 100 if you are struggling on a boss it's because people are screwing up the mechanics not because of dps.
    Nice, seizing the opportunity after what just happened here. Ret gods are gonna disagree when they have been resurrected.

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    On the internet you can't be right about something and point it out to people in a rude way, in real life those people are called teachers.
    A bad teacher gets frustrated at his students when they don't understand. A good teacher makes sure they understand without letting his emotions get in the way. The "I'm right, you're wrong" argument doesn't work well in any situation.

  17. #1257
    Legendary! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    6,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    A bad teacher gets frustrated at his students when they don't understand. A good teacher makes sure they understand without letting his emotions get in the way. The "I'm right, you're wrong" argument doesn't work well in any situation.
    You haven't had the same teachers as me then :P





    Also WoL is useless if you don't know what you're looking for, ranks come down to gear, how much you cheese and how your raid helps you to cheese. For instance you can tell your raid to not aoe at all on spirit kings maddning shout allowing you to solo aoe all the raid to "break" them.
    You can tell your entire raid to not touch legs on Garalon leaving you with 100% uptime on them. Also you can make your raid kill a pack of adds on wind lord exactly when your CDs are back. The list goes on and on, point is that WoL top ranks are more about showing off how good a spec can do on any encounter if done the right way (a wierd and ignoring tactics way).
    If you want a proper WoL parse look down couple ranks and see there or even better take the top parses, look back on their calendar and look for a fight they didn't "cheese". Trying to "reach" the top ranks without cheesing yourself isn't gonna happen unless another Ultraxion type fight comes along and even then you can time your raid to kill the boss exactly when your "cheeser" has done his last burst phase.


    TL;DR
    Don't use WoL wrong.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2013-02-10 at 09:17 PM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

  18. #1258
    I generally only look at top guild first or second kill logs, they're usually the best. As for people talking about teachers....you realize people like anaxie don't have to be here to teach you...right? They take time out of their schedules to help you, if you don't want to respect that, then you don't deserve the help anyways.

  19. #1259
    Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    I generally only look at top guild first or second kill logs, they're usually the best. As for people talking about teachers....you realize people like anaxie don't have to be here to teach you...right? They take time out of their schedules to help you, if you don't want to respect that, then you don't deserve the help anyways.
    Hint: People like anaxie are not always right.

  20. #1260
    It doesn't matter. Just the fact that he puts his stuff out there is more than enough reason to respect the guy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •