1. #2241
    The Patient Prometheous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRaven View Post
    Of course it is. When you get closer to 100k AP, things start to hit really serious. I have it on my UH DK (with same overhit problem) and, boy, this thing proccs almost in sync with Lei Shen's.. Compared to Spark of Zandalari, Spark is kind of meh, almost 1.30-2min to get transformed, with no benefit while you stay pretty and gather stacks.



    Council gives enough time on a boss (or more) to resemble a single target fight, IMHO.

    Perhaps, but we stack them and cleave for our kill strat. I would need to get the primordius trinket to say for sure, but with a quick glance on the numbers I could see it being ahead by a good margin.

    <Revive> 1/7M - Stormreaver
    Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday

  2. #2242
    I doubt primordius trinket could beat Ji'kun. 8700 Str in best case scenario which happens very rarely compared to a maximum of 18k Str to cast monstruous ES on empowered troll (for council). Yes cleave is nice, but when you must bring down the empowered one, strong ES can make the difference.

  3. #2243
    Hey guys, I was fortunate enough to pick up the Ji-Kun trinket this week. I also have the Thunderforged Zarat sword from Council. Needless to say those two items coupled with the copious amount of blue sockets in my gear I'm way over hit cap. I'm over 9% hit atm. I'm debating if I should be just switching to straight up haste gems in the blue sockets. The problem is, pretty much all the socket bonuses are nice strength bonuses.

    My armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yleah/advanced

    For example, the tier15 chest. Gemming for the socket bonus with (str/haste in red, haste in yellow, haste/hit in blue) yields 260 str, 640 haste, 160 hit (wasted). Or, if I just put all haste gems I'd get 960 haste. So the number becomes 260 str vs 320 haste. My gut tells me that the strength is better.

    Also, tier15 legs. Nearly the same situation except only two sockets. It ends up being 160 haste vs 120 strength.

    In my t14 shoulders, with only one socket, it becomes 160 haste vs 60 strength. Same number comparison in my weapon.

    So just looking for opinions on the matter. Like I said my gut tells me that the bonus is worth it in my chest/legs, but probably not in the shoulders/weapon.


    On another note, having just received the Ji-Kun trinket this week I've only had limited time to play with it, but it seems like it's not always proc'ing near the pull. I've yet to look at the logs for confirmation, but just eyeballing my buffs during several attempts (and trying to line up my ES with full str buffs) I think it was not proc'ing at all during my wings/guardian/pre-pot on several different attempts. It was kinda my understanding that what made the trinket so powerful for ret was the proc often (at least on the pull) lined up with all our cd's for some amazing burst.

    In fact going through and looking at the logs I can see on Iron Qon, the trinket proc'd right as my AW was ending. Twins it proc'd right at the start of my AW. And on two Lei Shen parses it proc'd several seconds after my AW burst was over in both. Seems pretty sporatic. There was a time when it didn't proc for 2minutes, and then proc'd 3 times almost right in a row.
    Last edited by ts8lemonade; 2013-04-05 at 10:24 AM.

  4. #2244
    I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    5,718
    There's a reason why we really, really don't want the sword from Council :P

  5. #2245
    High Overlord Rikhx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    102
    You don't want to release when you're wiping with feather, and I guarantee it will proc on pull with all your cooldowns every time. You also get back to back procs meaning you get one right after first one ends on pull sometimes. The longer you're not attacking anything, or its not proccing the higher chance it'll be to get procced once you do attack. This however resets on zoning hence why you don't want to release after wipes.

    Tried this out on our massive amounts of lei shen hc wipes and when I do get 2 procs at pull I can almost pull 400k dps on burst with my shit gear.

  6. #2246
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    There's a reason why we really, really don't want the sword from Council :P
    Having Weapon and trinket with Hit on them in the 2nd tier makes no sense!

  7. #2247
    Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    I doubt primordius trinket could beat Ji'kun. 8700 Str in best case scenario which happens very rarely compared to a maximum of 18k Str to cast monstruous ES on empowered troll (for council). Yes cleave is nice, but when you must bring down the empowered one, strong ES can make the difference.
    Feather is not the most reliable trinket, so you can't expect to have a monster ES for every empower, rather have the reliability of primordius trinket which has huge uptime.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

  8. #2248
    Banned anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy View Post
    Feather is not the most reliable trinket, so you can't expect to have a monster ES for every empower, rather have the reliability of primordius trinket which has huge uptime.
    Of course it has huge uptime =/ it's a stacking trinket. Doesn't mean it's that good. And if Rikhs observations on the feather are correct it's clear cut superior to every trinket.

  9. #2249
    High Overlord Rikhx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Of course it has huge uptime =/ it's a stacking trinket. Doesn't mean it's that good. And if Rikhs observations on the feather are correct it's clear cut superior to every trinket.
    Trust me on this it is, this trinket is pretty much carrying my dps alone right now because of how behind I am on gear compared to the people im competing with. If you don't release after wipes it will proc on pull 99% of the time. Sure you will have some shitty tries where the RNG is super shit but thats just how the RPPM works.

    You can see an example in this fight of how crazy the procs can be at times and me competing with other melees(single target since melee won't be doing any aoe here anyway) and I've got 10-15ilvls below everyone in the raid pretty much.


    Oh and Explosive Slam sucks.
    Last edited by Rikhx; 2013-04-05 at 08:58 PM.

  10. #2250
    I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    5,718
    not even 4 set yet? nice damage considering :P

  11. #2251
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikhx View Post
    Trust me on this it is, this trinket is pretty much carrying my dps alone right now because of how behind I am on gear compared to the people im competing with. If you don't release after wipes it will proc on pull 99% of the time. Sure you will have some shitty tries where the RNG is super shit but thats just how the RPPM works.

    You can see an example in this fight of how crazy the procs can be at times and me competing with other melees(single target since melee won't be doing any aoe here anyway) and I've got 10-15ilvls below everyone in the raid pretty much.
    Aren't your rogues cleaving at start by any chance? And your warlocks/mages should be higher anyway..

  12. #2252
    High Overlord Rikhx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    not even 4 set yet? nice damage considering :P
    Yeah I don't know why but it's impossible for me to get last piece, I've had tier shoulders sitting in my bags for 1½ week now and I've had to pass on heads earlier resets for warlocks. Would've gotten the helmet today in our normal cuz no other main would need it but alas, no conq drops. The fact that my helmet is 496 aswell doesn't help at all! ;(

    Only thing I've been lucky with is the heroic feather which I got this reset

  13. #2253
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikhx View Post
    Trust me on this it is, this trinket is pretty much carrying my dps alone right now because of how behind I am on gear compared to the people im competing with. If you don't release after wipes it will proc on pull 99% of the time. Sure you will have some shitty tries where the RNG is super shit but thats just how the RPPM works.

    You can see an example in this fight of how crazy the procs can be at times and me competing with other melees(single target since melee won't be doing any aoe here anyway) and I've got 10-15ilvls below everyone in the raid pretty much.


    Oh and Explosive Slam sucks.
    Do you use Weak Auras for your buff tracking? If so, could you share them? I'd be greatly interested in them. I've been using TMW for tracking a few things but it seems WA is more widely used and I was contemplating the switch.

  14. #2254
    High Overlord Rikhx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanyn View Post
    Do you use Weak Auras for your buff tracking? If so, could you share them? I'd be greatly interested in them. I've been using TMW for tracking a few things but it seems WA is more widely used and I was contemplating the switch.
    Most people use WA but I don't, that is an addon called Debuff Filter which I've been using for a long while, it's doing what I need it to do so I don't see a reason to change.

  15. #2255
    Still looking for confirmation regarding using hit/haste gems over hit cap for the strength socket bonuses.

    @Rikhx, thanks for the info, I'll have to try that out next raid. Looking at my logs it looks like on the first pull of bosses it did proc at the beginning. It's kinda stupid though that it resets on zoning. So for my max dps potential I have to be scumbag paladin and ask for a rez after every wipe. Crappy. Might be better on Jin'rokh heroic to run in after a wipe since we're not blowing cd's right off the bat but rather when we enter the pool.

  16. #2256
    Quote Originally Posted by ts8lemonade View Post
    Still looking for confirmation regarding using hit/haste gems over hit cap for the strength socket bonuses.

    @Rikhx, thanks for the info, I'll have to try that out next raid. Looking at my logs it looks like on the first pull of bosses it did proc at the beginning. It's kinda stupid though that it resets on zoning. So for my max dps potential I have to be scumbag paladin and ask for a rez after every wipe. Crappy. Might be better on Jin'rokh heroic to run in after a wipe since we're not blowing cd's right off the bat but rather when we enter the pool.
    use stam/haste gems for str bonuses of at least 120str. if bonus is 60str, use full haste gems

  17. #2257
    I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    5,718
    your autoattacks aren't capped at 7.5% are they? it's just abilities that are. Unless that's changed hit isn't completely useless and certainly better than stam in my book, not like you'd ever want to go over the 7.5% mark by choice.

  18. #2258
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikhx View Post
    Most people use WA but I don't, that is an addon called Debuff Filter which I've been using for a long while, it's doing what I need it to do so I don't see a reason to change.
    How did you get rid of the errors, since it's no longer maintained ?

  19. #2259
    Banned anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,581
    Looks like my early impression bis list hit the nail on the head. Should be fairly accurate.


    BIS 3/28/2013
    HEAD: Lightning Emperor's Helmet
    NECK: Talisman of Angry Spirits
    SHOULDER: Lightning Emperor's Pauldrons
    BACK: Yellow Dawn Lightningcloak Ra-den Wishlist
    Hydra-Scale Bloodcloak
    CHEST: Lightning Emperor's Battleplate
    BRACER: Caustic Spike Bracers Haste Random
    HANDS: Rein-Binder's Fists
    BELT: Cloudbreaker Greatbelt
    LEGS: Lightning Emperor's Legplates
    FEET: Sabatons of the Superior Being Ra-den Wishlist
    Tidal Force Treads
    RINGS: Ra-den's Ruinous Ring Ra-den Wishlist
    Band of the Scaled Tyrant
    Spinescale Seal
    TRINK1:Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun
    TRINK2: Spark of Zandalar
    WPN:Greatsword of Frozen Hells

    Also try to get crafted feet. They are almost better then 535 Consort boots.
    Haunted Steel Treads ~ Crafted Yummy
    Tidal Force Treads

    99% of people will prolly get 600 +8ilvl legendary cloak before ra-den cloak so sub tigerclaw in for even more mastery / haste

    Small chance that Bo-ris could end up BIS when you have a 549 ilvl upgraded HTF weapon + H Upgraded Ji-kuns + Zandalar or even better TFd.

    Haste is gonna be really high mastery barely budges so the additonal 1300 rating from Bo-ris may end up more valued in high HUGE burst on pull everything up 500k dps scenarios. Which is pretty much the case with a Ji-kuns and a 549 wpn.

    Not like it matters in the end anyone would love a 549 Frozen hells, Bo-ris, or Lei Shien weapon. Just not that fucking nasty sword that gives you 1500 hit and a wasted blue socket that you aren't gonna bother matching.

    However please remember. For ret only 3 things have ever mattered. Weapon, How OP our tier sets are, How OP trinkets are with rets CDing procs.

    Weapon above all else wins on. Itemlevel. It could have crit and spirit as long as the weapon damage is at the max value 549 being in the 32,000 range. That is all you will ever care about. Weapons without wasted stats are even better but still. Also I'm almost 99% sure dropping 517 for a 541 LOL agi polearm would be a large dps upgrade despite the useless chunk of agi and str tank.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-04-06 at 01:42 AM.

  20. #2260
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In Alpha Since 2004
    Posts
    673
    Hey there Anaxie, First time to post cause your BiS list seems to trouble me in one slot.
    You say that you would want to go for the Horridon trinket, but as far as i know it would almost NEVER (and i use the term never for a reason) line up with CDs. you would either need to get extremely lucky and have super RPPM just to fast stack the trinket maybe on your third go around with wings ( or stupidly lucky and get it back up after your first rotation).

    Yes i know it is a lot of haste, but because it never lines up with CDS, and even more so, our first and more reliable set of CDs on pull which a majority of our dps will come from, why did you not go for the prim trinket? i have had huge success with this as soon as i picked it up with only 28% haste unbuffed and had this trinket up for every ES and at least pop in during wings half way. It also gets a huge boost during hero which is usually at the start of most fights(where we tend to use all our big booty burst CDs) and can keep a 5 stack almost the entire hero phase.
    is there any reason why not to use prim trinket over horridon trinket? have you just had your eyes glazed over by that phat haste rating? or is the horridon trinket stupid and break the rules about how trinkets stack usually work?

    Changed original post to correct my haste and wall of text.
    Last edited by Reghame; 2013-04-06 at 11:27 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •