Quote Originally Posted by Torchbringer View Post
    Fire the dev who did this tiers plate itemization, I'm almost at 12% hit.......... oh well, can't complain about the weapon dps.
    You got "wrong": wep, gloves, boots, shoulders, head... Your gear isn't even close to something we'd call optimized. I'm 2 rating under hit cap and 2 rating over exp cap. If you took the 535 2h sword it's a increase over any non 535 wep despite the hit, yes there's "too much" hit/exp items but there's many options... In bis gear youll be around 70 rating over hitcap (iirc) which isn't bad...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

have a HTF feather , H Spark , H rage.

and a shit 522 wpn. atleast i can see trinkets for myself firsthand now.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-04-17 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mexicanolol View Post
    So what is the rotation for this tier. as so far with this 4set, im doing worse than previous tier. Its driving me insane
    Imo it's all about micro managing the 4 set (and 2 set) if 4 set procs use it 1gcd before the next cs comes off cd, other than that follow normal "rotation" except exorcism which you'd want to delay by 5 seconds from the last one to keep the 2set up as much as possible. If you're having issues with trying to manage them just follow the rotation as if you didn't have 4set T15. Pretty sure it's going to hurt your dps more trying to watch for the things and fail at it, weak auras is your friend here for sure! T15 added 2visuals and one audio to my collection.

Btw, hc primordius... 5 stacks of haste + hero... 180% haste I was laughing so hard ^^ 30s of heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Imo it's all about micro managing the 4 set (and 2 set) if 4 set procs use it 1gcd before the next cs comes off cd, other than that follow normal "rotation" except exorcism which you'd want to delay by 5 seconds from the last one to keep the 2set up as much as possible. If you're having issues with trying to manage them just follow the rotation as if you didn't have 4set T15. Pretty sure it's going to hurt your dps more trying to watch for the things and fail at it, weak auras is your friend here for sure! T15 added 2visuals and one audio to my collection.
    Delaying exorcism is stupid because you can easily miss an Art of War proc opportunity by doing that. I can tell off-hand that it's not worth it, but do less DPS if you want.

Picked up a 541 Frozen Hells tonight. TV'ing for 1mil with everything up is pretty fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Ar%C3%A1g%C3%B2rn/advanced
    WoW Heroes: www(dot)wow-heroes.com/character/us/Mal'Ganis/Ar%C3%A1g%C3%B2rn/
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: Light's Hammer & Glyph of Mass Exorcism for AOE
    Worldoflogs Link: www(dot)worldoflogs.com/guilds/224792/
    Description of Playstyle: min-max, idk what i have to do but pulling anything less then what is possible with my gear is not acceptable to me.
    Reforge link: www(dot)wowreforge.com/US/Mal'Ganis/Ar%C3%A1g%C3%B2rn?template=Hit=2550,Exp=2550,Exp:2.74,Hit:3.94,Haste:1.97,Crit:1.34,Master y:1.27&reforge=0350--5023030352524024----4353----

link reforge states are plugged into wowreforge (stat weights are from personal SimCrafts less than a month ago)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    sorry to bug you all but looks to be the place to ask =D

noticed my numbers going down compared to my guild (mind you we are still on normal trying to fill out our raid team) and am looking into what i can do to increase my dps, even if its only a fraction of a % (i would like to be min maxing the best i can especially with our dps being where it is as a ret)

is there anything that i need to be changing in my rotation to get a little more damage like lining up stuff with trinket procs (how long to wait with what moves exc.) {Spark of Zandalar, Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun (both 522)} and any other tricks that you could point my way would be much appreciated.

i have been using Holy Avenger for the burst but would Sanctified Wrath or Divine Purpose be more overall damage?

is Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault worth the valor for me to get with having Spark of Zandalar, Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun (both 522) and still progressing on normal Durumu the Forgotten?

i am currently specked into Sacred Shield and am doing by best to keep it up 100% of the time, would it be worth it going into Selfless Healer and then healing at a ???% HP with 3 stacks?

is there any tips for specific fights that could help (like using this talent/glyph) other than the obvious Light's Hammer & Glyph of Mass Exorcism for AOE

these are just some of the things that i can think of atm that might affect my dps. all criticism is most welcome and any tips that you know even the minutest dps increase would be much appreciated!

hope to hear back soon =D
    -Paint

Quote Originally Posted by The Bartuck View Post
    Picked up a 541 Frozen Hells tonight. TV'ing for 1mil with everything up is pretty fun.
    First 541 to drop is mine. Tanks, 2 SMF wars, and now a DK going DW since they all have 541 1hs. STill 0 2hs total for normal/ H.

RNGGGGGGGGGG

Also Paintpaul. Don't feel bad. Even I was dropping to sub 14th dps. This tier is hell 5.3 buffs can't come soon enough.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-04-17 at 11:48 AM.

First 541 to drop is mine. Tanks, 2 SMF wars, and now a DK going DW since they all have 541 1hs. STill 0 2hs total for normal/ H.

RNGGGGGGGGGG

Also Paintpaul. Don't feel bad. Even I was dropping to sub 14th dps. This tier is hell 5.3 buffs can't come soon enough.
    I was really surprised to see it drop tbh. We've had bad luck on 2h'ers so far and this tier is rough on a guild that only raids 3 nights a week. I actually built my set around a 528 Uroe with a possible 541 council sword eventually. Luckily I get to avoid a serious hit issue now :P.
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

So whats the deal with the legendary gem? There are many complaints about it being bugged atm and not procing alot.
    Is it worth using it or should i wait for a fix first?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bartuck View Post
    Please tell me that's on gimmick fights.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Please tell me that's on gimmick fights.
    Wings+Stacked GoaK+Feather+Pre-pot+Synapse Springs+Skull Banner+4p proc

Quote Originally Posted by Paintpauller View Post
    Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Ar%C3%A1g%C3%B2rn/advanced
    WoW Heroes: www(dot)wow-heroes.com/character/us/Mal'Ganis/Ar%C3%A1g%C3%B2rn/
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: Light's Hammer & Glyph of Mass Exorcism for AOE
    Worldoflogs Link: www(dot)worldoflogs.com/guilds/224792/
    Description of Playstyle: min-max, idk what i have to do but pulling anything less then what is possible with my gear is not acceptable to me.
    Reforge link: www(dot)wowreforge.com/US/Mal'Ganis/Ar%C3%A1g%C3%B2rn?template=Hit=2550,Exp=2550,Exp:2.74,Hit:3.94,Haste:1.97,Crit:1.34,Master y:1.27&reforge=0350--5023030352524024----4353----

link reforge states are plugged into wowreforge (stat weights are from personal SimCrafts less than a month ago)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    sorry to bug you all but looks to be the place to ask =D

noticed my numbers going down compared to my guild (mind you we are still on normal trying to fill out our raid team) and am looking into what i can do to increase my dps, even if its only a fraction of a % (i would like to be min maxing the best i can especially with our dps being where it is as a ret)

is there anything that i need to be changing in my rotation to get a little more damage like lining up stuff with trinket procs (how long to wait with what moves exc.) {Spark of Zandalar, Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun (both 522)} and any other tricks that you could point my way would be much appreciated.

i have been using Holy Avenger for the burst but would Sanctified Wrath or Divine Purpose be more overall damage?

is Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault worth the valor for me to get with having Spark of Zandalar, Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun (both 522) and still progressing on normal Durumu the Forgotten?

i am currently specked into Sacred Shield and am doing by best to keep it up 100% of the time, would it be worth it going into Selfless Healer and then healing at a ???% HP with 3 stacks?

is there any tips for specific fights that could help (like using this talent/glyph) other than the obvious Light's Hammer & Glyph of Mass Exorcism for AOE

these are just some of the things that i can think of atm that might affect my dps. all criticism is most welcome and any tips that you know even the minutest dps increase would be much appreciated!

hope to hear back soon =D
    -Paint
    I'd keep using Spark / Feather. Try to use ES when you have the max amount of procs up. Don't delay it TOO much or over the length of the fight it'll be a DPS loss.
    Using all those globals on Sacred Shield will definitely hurt your DPS. I run with Selfless Healer and just heal myself if it'll prevent my death or I have an open global.
    I think Sanctified Wrath is a DPS increase over HA. It's not a huge margin, but an increase is an increase.
    This tier is pretty easy to figure out when to blow your CDs. There are a few gimmick fights with pretty easy to notice burn phases. Try to line up your CDs with these and pop them as often as possible throughout the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Delaying exorcism is stupid because you can easily miss an Art of War proc opportunity by doing that. I can tell off-hand that it's not worth it, but do less DPS if you want.
    I think having 6% more damage up more of the time is worth delaying a 60k (nonglyphed) Exorcism, get ONE 4set TV into that and you'll do 6% of whatever that TV + HoL hits for. In my case I noncrit well over 350k TV + HoL combined 2set increases that damage with something around 25-26k what you use the other 5 seconds on from Censure and such is just going to add it up. This gets multiplied during cds and if you got trinkets up and even more so if you're aoeing and have it glyphed, I've not gone insanely deep into testing it but just from looking on my own logs and see the average damage on holy damaging abilities go up the higher uptime I got on 2set and total damage going up because of that? HC Magaera we're fairly strong on cleaving the adds. Say you go Holy Avenger and you go to aoe the shit out of the adds. You start with Exorcism then Divine storm, then exor procs while the previous 2set debuff has 4+ seconds left at that point I'd do a HotR and DS before refreshing the 2set.

It's what I've found going over my own logs, I don't know what makes you say what you say... I'm not going to say my way definitely is better because I haven't seen anywhere that shows data that proves otherwise, I'm going with my own logs as I said and I'm going to trust that more than what any spreadsheet says until it's tested in a full raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    You got "wrong": wep, gloves, boots, shoulders, head... Your gear isn't even close to something we'd call optimized. I'm 2 rating under hit cap and 2 rating over exp cap. If you took the 535 2h sword it's a increase over any non 535 wep despite the hit, yes there's "too much" hit/exp items but there's many options... In bis gear youll be around 70 rating over hitcap (iirc) which isn't bad...
    Did you seriously just call my gear "wrong" because it's not full bis? Progression raiding is all that matters and nobody will have the "right" gear for progression. Just the fact that they itemized a pure hit trinket and a 1000 hit sword is ridiculous and that is what I was referring too. You shouldn't need an exact gear set to get workable stats. It is simply a poor design choice.
    Last edited by Torchbringer; 2013-04-17 at 05:52 PM.

Picked up the H TF Council Sword. Still good for the massive weapon damage. Need not to worry about too much hit yet despite, but need the H Ji-Kun trinket still.

Good luck to those that are going to begin Heroic Dark Animus. One of the more satisfactory fights to down.
    Last edited by Defender; 2013-04-17 at 06:30 PM.
    Kaizen of Mannoroth <Reckoning>
    US 11 H 16/16 - Tier 14
    US 9 H 13/13 - Tier 15
    US 8 H 14/14 - Tier 16

Distance hearts, when rejoined as one... May find the light within.

We've had only 1 heroic str 2h weapon & 0 Fabled Feathers drop in the past month, rng is awesome. Anyone have an opinion on 510 Lei Shen Orders vs 522 Primordius?

Well, I am 2 drops from seeing myself get the 4pc (LFR-level). Got Brutal Talisman + Ji-Kun, and finally saw my first weapon last night, on my first Lei Shen kill (yeah, it's an Uroe, but it's better than my 491 Sha-Touched Axe). I know my DPS overall won't touch anything posted here, being an LFR raider (the lack of time and schedule), but that is what it is.

Not happy with the RNG on weapons... especially that our best two are trash drops (or in my case, gold bag drops).
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbringer View Post
    Did you seriously just call my gear "wrong" because it's not full bis? Progression raiding is all that matters and nobody will have the "right" gear for progression. Just the fact that they itemized a pure hit trinket and a 1000 hit sword is ridiculous and that is what I was referring too. You shouldn't need an exact gear set to get workable stats. It is simply a poor design choice.
    Then why are you crying about devs putting too much hit on gear? there are perfectly good items this tier to avoid it and like you said it doesn't matter if you're 700 hit over rating during progress as long as the upgrades you pick are worth it. if you're at 8% hit and can't possibly get less hit and then you can get a 535 hit sword? Take it, it's gonna be a increase any way you twist it, it's not ideal (wrong) but it's still an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Well, I am 2 drops from seeing myself get the 4pc (LFR-level). Got Brutal Talisman + Ji-Kun, and finally saw my first weapon last night, on my first Lei Shen kill (yeah, it's an Uroe, but it's better than my 491 Sha-Touched Axe). I know my DPS overall won't touch anything posted here, being an LFR raider (the lack of time and schedule), but that is what it is.

Not happy with the RNG on weapons... especially that our best two are trash drops (or in my case, gold bag drops).
    I feel you on that, as a LFR raider myself, I have gone through week after week without seeing a single weapon drop, I have also only see tier legs as well, but I was happy when I got a LFR Ji-Kun, just wish I could finally see a weapon to replace my 491 Shin'ka

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post

Its possible to get the weapons from the gold bags in lfr?? I thought they were just random drops from bosses.