Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge McDuck View Post
    I use HA myself. I hate the HoW spamming that SW is, it just feels wrong to me. part of the issue is that holy wrath for me is the furthest holy power button for me, and I can't change it without completely redesigning my keyboard setup. but another part is that I really enjoyed the playstyle that Zealotry added. and the graphic switch is also fun.

had same issues , liked HA more ...but on single target SW is the only way to go. HA is situational choice.

The "only way to go" my ass.

The dps difference between HA and SW is negligible (~500 - 1000 dps if everything's perfect). I say go for personal preference, because it's not really going to matter. The difference is a drop in the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post

The dps difference between HA and SW is negligible (~500 - 1000 dps if everything's perfect). I say go for personal preference, because it's not really going to matter. The difference is a drop in the ocean.
    When there's dps checks like Lei Shen heroic, 500-1000 dps is what could be the difference between a kill and a wipe.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

It's more like 2-3k actually. It's not insignificant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy View Post
    When there's dps checks like Lei Shen heroic, 500-1000 dps is what could be the difference between a kill and a wipe.
    Averaged over 10000 tries you might be able to see that 500 - 1000 dps difference. In reality you may very well do more dps on a try where you use HA over SW because of hundreds of other variables coming in to play. Like how many 4p bonus TV crits you had during AW or trinkets for instance. That kind of RNG plays more part than what talent you pick if the difference is that small. So talent choice becomes more a matter of comforting your mind, knowing that you are set with what is "best" in theory.

Deleted

with same rng for both and being able to execute the rotation with same comfortability for both talents (as i said i was attached to Zealotry/ HA playstyle with TV spams and needed and still need some time to adjust to SW) then the SW becomes a noticeable dps increase on all single target fights , and for sure not only 500-1000.

...But there is ofcourse the situational use of each talent , if you want to do jinhrok pools with HA gl, if you want to do spam AOE with SW gl too.

Also with current rng of the trinkets SW can offer an extra 10sec period of time where your trinkets can be up with obvious benefit.

Hey, kinda new with my ret pally. Im at ilvl 518 now, with my 2 piece t15. Never really used simcraft before, but read a guide today on it and tried it out.

Got this for my stat weights, just wondering if I did everything right. From all the things ive read, mastery should be above crit. But with those stat weights and using them, wants me to lose like 6.25% mastery to gain about 3.50% crit.
    Just wondering if the stat weights of crit should be changing to that high at all for around my ilvl?

Crit sims above mastery, but in reality crit sucks. Simcraft should be taken with a grain of salt.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    That or you can just reverse those 2 sets of numbers when reforging. That's pretty much what I've been doing for awhile now.

Quote Originally Posted by 2s2p View Post
    Hey, kinda new with my ret pally. Im at ilvl 518 now, with my 2 piece t15. Never really used simcraft before, but read a guide today on it and tried it out.

Got this for my stat weights, just wondering if I did everything right. From all the things ive read, mastery should be above crit. But with those stat weights and using them, wants me to lose like 6.25% mastery to gain about 3.50% crit.
    Just wondering if the stat weights of crit should be changing to that high at all for around my ilvl?
    How many iterations is that? Because the errors displayed on those stats is massive. I recommend running it again with 50,000.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    10,000 should be more then enough honestly. That looks like 1000 however just from the looks 50k is a bit much.

I understand that crit (evervso slightly) is better over 500 pulls bit the thing with crit is that it doesn't give consistant damage from one pull to the next. It's the same with our 4 set, it's amazing WHEN it happens and if you compare two equal geared rets pull by pull then the numbers can be entierly different but over a full night, say 4hrs they'll be close

Question for everyone: Primordius, which buffs do you like the most?
    I think stats is the worst since the scaling is so low.
    Haste above 2 stacks (got 48% haste raidbuffed) seems to do nothing. Insane fun with 5x haste and hero though, 180% haste!
    That leaves me with 3/5 buffs to fill out. If I had the choice I'd go with 3 mastery but a co-raider made a fair point about crit scaling insanely good if you crit reliably. So, 30% to do double damage (more or less our 4set) or 30% mastery which is consistant damage. I really want to hate the crit buffs for the same reasons i gave further up but it's kinda mad when you do good tries and end up with abilities having critted 50-60% of the time!
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

When I simmed my 505 ret paladin over 50000 times, it simmed for me for the first time of mastery > crit > haste, which was the first time I had over 10000 haste. Anyone want to take a stab at that, or did I do something retarded?
    Last edited by Larthin; 2013-04-29 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Question for everyone: Primordius, which buffs do you like the most?
    I actually hope for as many stacks of crit as possible, after that mastery is my second favorite. Having 66%~76% crit chance for 2 minutes is amaaaazing.

@Larthin
    I know there are a few points, depending on your gear and current stats that that priority can happen. I'd have to see what your gear is to be 100% sure. It is a very short term "problem." Also, I would highly recommend posting images via a public resource like imgur or, at least, change your photobucket to private.

Deleted
    actually, is it possible to choose what stats you get from primordius? or is this just mental exhilaration over a fantasy?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge McDuck View Post
    actually, is it possible to choose what stats you get from primordius? or is this just mental exhilaration over a fantasy?
    you can't pick them, just people hoping for certain buff rng.

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbringer View Post
    you can't pick them, just people hoping for certain buff rng.
    Hoping, selling your soul, sacrificing goats... anything. Same thing with the haste/crit sword.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Mastery is the best buff by 10 miles on primordius for ret as for almost any other dpser tbh (due to the amount you get out of it per stack).

Is Hydra-Scaled Bloodcloak http://www.wowhead.com/item=94942
    really better than
    Spikeshard Greatcloak http://www.wowhead.com/item=95114
    ?

I just got Hydra-Scale cloak tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    Is Hydra-Scaled Bloodcloak http://www.wowhead.com/item=94942
    really better than
    Spikeshard Greatcloak http://www.wowhead.com/item=95114
    ?

I just got Hydra-Scale cloak tonight.
    Yea, that gem slot. Don't enchant your cloak with hit btw.