Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    I thought I did notice something weird about HoL.

Also, 2 Ji-Kun trinkets dropped this week. Got one of them finally. God, I feel the power.
    Do you squeal with glee like a 8 yrd old little girl everytime you can do an ES with 10 stacks of it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Todyn View Post
    Do you squeal with glee like a 8 yrd old little girl everytime you can do an ES with 10 stacks of it?
    For me, it's the reverse. 99% of what I do is LFR, so I have LFR feather as well. I've lost count of how many 10ES I missed because the tank decided to move the boss right during that 2 second window.

---------- Post added 2013-05-31 at 12:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Still sizeable. For rets pushing the 50% mastery range its a 4-5k Dps boost atleast.
    no ret is currently pushing the 50% mastery range. Revvo is closest with 38%, and he has a 2/2 hc tf bo-ris and 538 itemlevel. and even if you have 50% mastery, the math still checks out. at that gear, you're pushing 200K. 2% of 200K is 4K. even if you're going to 50% mastery, Hand of Light isn't going to be more than 25% of your damage. 10% of 25% damage = 2.5%.

and Revvo sims for 22.4% mastery-related damage and 214K DPS. for him, one of the best geared rets in the game, it's 5K DPS. on 214K. it's a 2.24% DPS increase. you're not going to magically top meters from it if you weren't already. for comparison: his DPS range is 10.6K, double the gain.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems Revvo has a fan girl

5k is still 5k, it'll be great regardless.

I would take any buff. Regardless of how small. Playing this class & spec for years will let even these small "fixes" improve your day

Quote Originally Posted by Tanyn View Post
    Know how to make a small aura for just my attack power? Nothing fancy, just my attack power.

Edit: From a response in the Interface / Macro post.
    Text: %c

Custom Function:
    function()
    return UnitAttackPower('player')
    end
    If you haven't gotten it by now here's mine
    Code:
    d4dXcaGEvI6LOe9yqETkj7tjQoSu2gaMnOopQQtROlt6BQK6skrANa1EP2Te7xvJcLQHPKghaTivknuuHblvdxPCqa5uOIogqohGAHOswkQulwLGLlQhQeLNcTmIYZfAwOeMQkMmHMoYfrjDvLWZiW1fzJQu8tIQnlP2ob9rvQ6RQezAssFxLk)vqFwPA0cmEjXjvI4wOuUgQY9uj0krXTjYVvydYhJsgfnk6JX6rHW5Lvdw2QrXzCdUX)OviJFFPqgHsrAiD0kKX6ubIMJc7C(mF)7F)7WdOg83BBS47HSi87x87lktciIAqxXX4onZ(TBWn(A(woFMV)9V)9SsPC57TTNrlIg5lVUoQKbZMSRxnM195OC4VPgjTczekfPH0rRql2eBKAufQfYiLN77A2hJqPinKcdMIQrOuKgsgj(BQrOuKgsgtrnmqBWuG5YiuksdPqI)MAmsnkfngOnykiCSP5gnYgxUXurfQfYylrdJPOgMktYCzufQfkACb4LCcb6CaAzSmKd5xIvUncfOqxzufQfYyG2GPaJRgHsrAizSovGO5OWoNpZ3)(3)EwPuU8DkN0NrlIpZZ8mpZZ8mpZZyY4u0iqCySo3KuKYnQzW8mE3uKc8n8eaceWcUgeaaYtaWaufqxZwvamwssN8CFxZrdgKXkYRRJkzWYwngOZ9aY3WJxvzacSaqYawWQSvqa4A2QcOr4rt0hJ5bS6JrPemn9XKjJPOgwuHA2xWieClg9XyCw2HvJCl)(fSAukbttFmYT87xWQ5YKjtgBIItAokn4qkp331C0htMmgnMfSYZOqdgu11vt2a
    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheous View Post
    It seems Revvo has a fan girl

5k is still 5k, it'll be great regardless.
    /blush

Quote Originally Posted by Don Vito Corleone View Post
    For me, it's the reverse. 99% of what I do is LFR, so I have LFR feather as well. I've lost count of how many 10ES I missed because the tank decided to move the boss right during that 2 second window.

---------- Post added 2013-05-31 at 12:21 AM ----------

no ret is currently pushing the 50% mastery range. Revvo is closest with 38%, and he has a 2/2 hc tf bo-ris and 538 itemlevel. and even if you have 50% mastery, the math still checks out. at that gear, you're pushing 200K. 2% of 200K is 4K. even if you're going to 50% mastery, Hand of Light isn't going to be more than 25% of your damage. 10% of 25% damage = 2.5%.

and Revvo sims for 22.4% mastery-related damage and 214K DPS. for him, one of the best geared rets in the game, it's 5K DPS. on 214K. it's a 2.24% DPS increase. you're not going to magically top meters from it if you weren't already. for comparison: his DPS range is 10.6K, double the gain.
    You certainly will push 50% mastery with might It just requires a bo-ris, basic gear, and lastly legendary cloak.

You certainly will push 50% mastery with might It just requires a bo-ris, basic gear, and lastly legendary cloak.
    I'm at 47.26% with might.

Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    I'm at 47.26% with might.
    Aids belt and no Legendary cloak.

Like I said 50% in the basic gear + legendary.

Btw noob you are trading 40 haste for 120 stamina. Fix your belt gems.
    Feet match would be dps boost too. Every single socket is a gain unless you are using stamina gem and its a bonus lower then +80 strength or 140 rating.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-05-31 at 02:40 AM.

Yup. Fucking belt.

So finally came back to playing my Ret after months of just sort of lazing around enjoying my monk and taking a break from raiding. First LFR ToT JiKun kill and got the feather. Nom Nom Nom. So happy.

Heroic Gaze of the twins vs 510 LSFO?

43% mastery with sha axe :O

Deleted
    Simmed my char today and found out my mastery was at 0.60 compared to STR 1. And even at 0.74 with 2+ targets. does it mean that exp/haste is better than Str/haste in red sockets (it "sims" like to me hehe) especially for fights like council, horridon and other cleaving shit ?

(30k iterations and all buffs/debuff toggled on of course)

Remember a post where Anaxie saif that mastery would surpass str in a way, and I have only a 530 weap ;'( , oh and I have 5700 mastery only, maybe that's why ?
    I guess for people with better weapon it will be even more true ?

Thanks for your insight and thoughts on this

Quote Originally Posted by etsumii92 View Post
    Mastery bug has been hotfixed already.

With Mastery buff (44.11%) and no inq

42605 CS --> 18793 HoL

18793/42605 = 0.44109
    Cool, thanks for checking.

Btw noob you are trading 40 haste for 120 stamina. Fix your belt gems.
    Feet match would be dps boost too. Every single socket is a gain unless you are using stamina gem and its a bonus lower then +80 strength or 140 rating.
    Yeah belt was an oversight. As for the boots, considering the bonus is under 140 rating....lol? I suppose from a mathematical standpoint it should be better, just using napkin math and stat weights, but 60 crit is pretty shit. RNG stats, meh. The difference is...negligible at best.

EDIT: Somthing that I found interesting when going over some KR, TW, and CN Rets is that some of them, specifically Aceret(who is a chinese ret, and is one of the most consistently high parsing Rets in the world, check out his Horridon parse, it's nuts) are totally ignoring socket bonuses. All haste gems, I think he matches two socket bonuses, and they're chest and belt. Obviously they have a much higher ilevel which leads to inflated stats, but it's pretty interesting nonetheless. He has about 40% haste unbuffed(with no spark) and 47% mastery.
    Last edited by Revvo; 2013-05-31 at 04:09 PM.

Ugh Horridon, nr boss to cheese... No telling what they did. For all we know they could've pulled adds / tanked horridon on top of the adds and just have him (or a few people) 100% on horridon using cleave to inflate thier numbers.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Ugh Horridon, nr boss to cheese... No telling what they did. For all we know they could've pulled adds / tanked horridon on top of the adds and just have him (or a few people) 100% on horridon using cleave to inflate thier numbers.
    If you actually look at the log, he does good damage to adds as well. Top 5 damage on almost every type for the most part, and even topped damage on others. And is that not how the fight is done? Lol we tank the adds on horridons side so we can cleave, been doing it since the kill. Not to mention the fact that he beat the rank two parse by literally 107 million damage and 60k dps. That's a pretty huge discrempicy.

EDIT: for example look at the rank 2 parse. That guy tunneled Horridon. 96% of his damage was on Horridon, whereas Aceret had 74%
    Last edited by Revvo; 2013-05-31 at 06:43 PM.

Eight Ilvls is alot and that is him cleaving off the main boss. Not hard to cheese.

Estu we finally saw a 541 weapon drop.... and it was your spear and the monk tank took it . I don't believe they took me seriously.

---------- Post added 2013-05-31 at 06:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    Simmed my char today and found out my mastery was at 0.60 compared to STR 1. And even at 0.74 with 2+ targets. does it mean that exp/haste is better than Str/haste in red sockets (it "sims" like to me hehe) especially for fights like council, horridon and other cleaving shit
    Can someone else get results like this. This actually would be the same as doing Mastery/Haste hybrid gemming <if it existed> because expertise directly eats mastery on gear until you get the needed items.

Next tier this almost certainly will be the gemming route assuming next tier starts at 550ilvl ish for normal mode which i kinda expect.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-05-31 at 06:57 PM.

Eight Ilvls is alot and that is him cleaving off the main boss. Not hard to cheese.

Estu we finally saw a 541 weapon drop.... and it was your spear and the monk tank took it . I don't believe they took me seriously.
    Even so, you can take a look at any of his other parses. Ranked 1-3 on pretty much every boss this teir. Ret scaling just seems brokenly good with those ilevels.

Same boat ZERO heroic weapon drops outside Zerat and NO tfs. Then I see the 1/12H ret with a 549 spear and end my life.

I hope final legendary is a weapon just so i don't have to go one tier without some sort of awful 2hand rng ass fucking by blizzard. Hello Sulfuras!