Looks like solsacra tried a full mastery build last week, I wonder how it worked out for him. Had something like 47% unbuffed mastery, and 30% haste I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    Looks like solsacra tried a full mastery build last week, I wonder how it worked out for him. Had something like 47% unbuffed mastery, and 30% haste I think.
    pretty sure it's doing ok on some bosses, most bosses haste should win hands down.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Yeah, well he swapped it back, so it must not be that great. :/

Yeah, well he swapped it back, so it must not be that great. :/
    It really depends upon the fight, mostly anything beyond two targets. interestingly enough, just due to the nature of many of the fights in ToT a full mastery build (with atleast 27-30% haste) can compete, and even in several cases surpass a pure haste stacking build. not that the ratings on gear are quite there yet, but it should give a glimpse of how SoO will look. Probably have to swap around stat priorities on a fight by fight bases, atleast for initial progression.

I'm contemplating running a mastery build this week with atleast 30% haste and see how that feels. i'm a little hesitant to go under that point, don't want to loose that fluidity in the rotation, nor the RPPM scaling. But hey, might aswell 'pad' where i can and see how that plays out.

oh god what have i done, i'm sorry Sol, i alerted my protege with a better weapon to your presence

Quote Originally Posted by Solsacra View Post
    It really depends upon the fight, mostly anything beyond two targets. interestingly enough, just due to the nature of many of the fights in ToT a full mastery build (with atleast 27-30% haste) can compete, and even in several cases surpass a pure haste stacking build. not that the ratings on gear are quite there yet, but it should give a glimpse of how SoO will look. Probably have to swap around stat priorities on a fight by fight bases, atleast for initial progression.

I'm contemplating running a mastery build this week with atleast 30% haste and see how that feels. i'm a little hesitant to go under that point, don't want to loose that fluidity in the rotation, nor the RPPM scaling. But hey, might aswell 'pad' where i can and see how that plays out.
    Yeah, it would be amazing on multi target fights I would assume, especially during lust where haste loses values. Might as well mess with different builds while on farm, seems like mastery build could be viable for sure. The only thing would be gaining more rotation gaps, but 30% sounds like a good place to settle.

Deleted
    What should I use with 522 Feather? 530 Brutal talisman or 502 Spark?

Quote Originally Posted by Somali View Post
    What should I use with 522 Feather? 530 Brutal talisman or 502 Spark?
    Brutal talisman.

Regarding 4p t15:

What's ur opinion on changing the rotation under aw to HoW, CS, HoW, TV/Inq, repeat.
    I personally feel that the cs prioritization does lead to a decrease of dmg.
    Last edited by HoRiZzoN; 2013-06-11 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoRiZzoN View Post
    Regarding 4p t15:

What's ur opinion on changing the rotation under aw to HoW, CS, HoW, TV/Inq, repeat.
    Can be great, can be shit depending on proocs.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Regarding 4p t15:

This is the 'high risk high reward' strat. You can just go about your rotation as normal if it makes you uncomfortable with the potential loss of dps. I personally weave in an exo here or there.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Josh/advanced
    #thunderclub
    [22:04:20.636] Josh Templar's Verdict Lei Shen *825815*

Regarding 4p t15:

I personally feel that the cs prioritization is an increase in damage.

Deleted
    Holy shit that Ret PTR, one min Inq and three min CD Guardian.

4 piece: Holy Power consumers have a 25% chance to make your next Divine Storm free.

I don't like the 4 piece. Guardian and inq changes are nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zardox View Post
    Holy shit that Ret PTR, one min Inq and three min CD Guardian.
    I can't see Guardian of Ancient Kings remaining at the same level of power with a lower CD -- didn't GC say in the past that some of the strength of the ability would be removed if the CD was altered?

Also, is the 4pc underwhelming to anybody else? I like DS as much as the next guy but it seems unnecessary unless it's going to pass TV in single target. o_O

Deleted
    That 4pc seems lame. Haven't done PvE as Ret in a long time, but wont that proc be basically last on our priority list? Hits like a wet noodle, and doesn't generate any HoPo, no?

The Inq stuff is so nice. Having a 30 second buff was such a stupid idea. Now they need to add some spell interactions in so the rotation has some actual depth and not just "lol tacked on maintenance".

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless they give us Wrath DS again, yes.

3 minute GoAK and 1 minute Inquisition are pretty nice though.

Guardian change seems awesome. The 4 pce is meh, but hopefully it will get changed(like the DK t15 sets)

10+ Year Old Account
    Guardian change seems awesome. The 4 pce is meh, but hopefully it will get changed(like the DK t15 sets)
    Just convince them to give us wrath DS again and i'll be happy.

What sucks dick is they are going to gut guardian to make it 3 mins but we all fucking know 3 min cd is trash. two minutes or 4 mins Kthx.

4 Pce is dogshit as long as DS still uses a GCD. Compared to current 4 set which is more frequent, Higher chance to proc, and ALOT more damage and it's doesn't take up a extra GCD. Fuck that 4 set.

We need to address 2 major things and a 3rd to an extent as something we would like to see.

#1 Set bonus being worse making upgrading to T16 worthless unless they baseline buff Templar heavily baseline to compensate like DK's were offered this during ToT PTR for their 2 set damage.

#2 Guardian of Ancient Kings at 3 mins is utterly fucking pointless and needs it's power <if they are nerfing for lower CD> to match the cooldown and the CD should make sense for ret 2mins or 4mins.

#3 We need to emphasis and sugguest for the current 4 set to go baseline in some manner. Honestly the Holy tvs and the procs are fun. Something I find lacking from the class overall with our dull dps mechanics. Currently in T15 all our spells are well defined and fullfill their role. CS performs procs, Exo debuffs, Templars feels like a true finisher with procs, Hammer is an execute, Judgement is a debuff attack and bread n butter.

When T15 tier goes bye bye CS, Exo, and most importantly TV lose their identity. If 4 set was to go baseline < maybe at a lower 25% proc chance> CS and Templars would still retain their identity in the rotation.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-06-12 at 05:17 AM.