I wanted to follow up on something that I believe Solscara posted a few pages back in regard to Haste / Mastery "Breakpoint" - I'm currently standing at about 16228 Haste, 38.88% Mastery (~540 ilvl with 549 Bo-Ris & Cloak, was lucky enough to obtain both just last week). I've run my sims and Haste is about .4 - .6 ahead of mastery, so at a glance it certainly seems a no brainer to keep that gemming/reforging 100% haste.

Straight haste certainly seems to be the most popular choice up in the 540+ Ilvl range as I check out Anaxie, Rvvo, Bairdy, etc.'s setups - has anyone really seen any substantial difference / feel in a mastery build? The main reason I ask is that I'm typically at/near top DPS (obviously depending on fight, but at/near top amongst our melee group) but I feel like I can & should be doing more. Guild is still progressing so I know a portion of that ("lack" of dps) can be attributed to familiarity/comfort level with each boss. Would love some feedback - I was shocked to see the rankings Solscara was able to obtain in a mastery build.

Oh and Anaxie -- Awe-Inspiring for sure!

Cònan - Stormrage US

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Going to extend this thread for 5.4 because I can. But what shall replace magnificent?
    Totally Awe-Inspiring? Breathtaking? Overwhelming?

/ponder

Was thinking of removing theorycraft from name so ppl don't run in here crying that half stuff midtier isn't serious. Prolly won't though they can just post comments while I sit here amused.

Think at this point though THIS is the ret lounge. no?

Hopefully the next build or 2 puts gear and stats out and the weapon procs/ trinket mechanics. My favorite part of the PTR
    The only thing with that is that this tread is getting so large that is getting harder and harder to locate information in here. Even by using the search it takes a shit ton of time to find what are you looking for. If you do that, a table of contents of some-kind (links to individual posts) or a summary would be very nice.

I got that sweet jinrok ring yesterday lol, still haven't seen a shared wep drop. Still using tforged uroe at 548 ilvl man
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Josh/advanced
    #thunderclub
    [22:04:20.636] Josh Templar's Verdict Lei Shen *825815*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meanor View Post
    The only thing with that is that this tread is getting so large that is getting harder and harder to locate information in here. Even by using the search it takes a shit ton of time to find what are you looking for. If you do that, a table of contents of some-kind (links to individual posts) or a summary would be very nice.
    I'd just start a new one. No point in an unwieldy behemoth where well over a hundred pages of content will be out of date.

After like 12 weeks or something retarded I finally got a feather. Cya valor trinket

Still praying for a TF wep, tbh even a normal heroic uroe or shared weapon would go a long way atm, so much lost stats zzz.

Maybe I missed this somewhere in the post. but I just need to know this. During burst rotation we go How,CS, TV. ( unless I misunderstood forgive me). With the 2 piece set and exorcism increasing damage would that change the rotation a little, or is it still better not to use exorcism during burst phase. I know CS is a must because of the increase to Tv. Just not sure what to do with the Exorcism if anything. Please help a fellow paladin out.

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    I'd just start a new one. No point in an unwieldy behemoth where well over a hundred pages of content will be out of date.
    Anaxie's Totally Overwhelming?

I'll just link in OP to patch lauch. Other then that what really needs to be looked through and read? My random observation's aren't all that important. Another huge portion will prolly be dedicated to the 3000 hit weapon we get as the only alternative prio to heroic garrosh Gorehowl and a random drop weapon all with TF combinations. Excuse me "Bloodforged" must stay then in first legion tier Felforged!!!!!!

Atleast we can go into the patch with a little knowledge. If we see very few "drop source" weapons it may be time to bitch this tier wasn't exactly balanced on a 2H weapon drop PoV.

Non drop source trinkets / weapons will obv be Random. unsourced belts/accessories obviously are going to be trash only with H equivalents on BMAH and not realistic to put into BIS list. Lets keeps this idea when items launch and bosses itemized.

I'm sure someone will peep up rings, belts, ect. could be random loot too! But those are far easily swapped out compared to trinket data. Weapons prolly be a big deal because i BET we see unique procs on multiple class weapons to come. Get ready for some interesting weapons.

Also by multiple i mean several 2H options with seperate procs. Garrosh prolly will EASILY have the BiS in corrupted Gorehowl sadly. I bet the axe even ends up as a slow weapon. AKA Ultra mega RNG for BiS weapon since THAT is the one that must TF.

Pretty likely "launch" will go off with VP upgrades making normal mode drops 562 Ilvl and vastly superior.

/end speculation
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-07-03 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by will32 View Post
    Maybe I missed this somewhere in the post. but I just need to know this. During burst rotation we go How,CS, TV. ( unless I misunderstood forgive me). With the 2 piece set and exorcism increasing damage would that change the rotation a little, or is it still better not to use exorcism during burst phase. I know CS is a must because of the increase to Tv. Just not sure what to do with the Exorcism if anything. Please help a fellow paladin out.
    You either go with the risky HoW, CS, TV rotation, or the consistent HoW, Exo, TV rotation. CS can give you big burst if you get TV procs, but exo will give you consistent numbers. It's an RNG battle.

Why not the HoW, Exo, Cs, then Tv? Or is that to much extra stuff because of the Cd of HoW?

With SW you get HoW > HPGen > HoW > TV > HoW > HPGen > HoW > TV.

Is 2/2 heroic blade lord ring better than the regular Primordius ring with a 2/2 upgrade if the hit is completely unused?? My other ring right now is the VP one and I am at 15k haste if that matters at all.

Quote Originally Posted by will32 View Post
    Primo is better. It has a socket and a viable color which dilutes the base hit ilvl budget of wasted stats since budget points are taken out for sockets.

The non upgraded primo should BARELY beat it too.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-07-03 at 05:38 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i myself am looking forward to next tier. like hello? half of the HP cost on INQ during the fight guardian nearly getting double the up time for his big ass damage spikes ( he does like 900k damage on his own + the 12% str buff so he is VERY EFFICIENT for a single ability use just like combustion is for mages. not to mention that new CDR trinket next tier and i think someone did the math already to where our 6 abilities on a heroic "TF" version is like 45% to 50% reduction or something like that. not to mention our 4set is AOE based and does tons of damage in AOE cases when half the fights next tier are cleave and AOE. i could very well see us being in the top rankings for dps next tier.

As for the HERR IM THE BEST ret talk. No your not, I am, and you know nothing of my work..... jk. but in all seriousness, who give a flying fuck. long as you dont stand in the bad shit, and provide your raid with great utility and leadership skills. who cares? doing good dps is just a bonus. just do more than the smite priest, the derpstar that every guild has, and save your fail guildies and you will kill the heroic bosses no problem.

The motto that has kept me raiding and doing good damage since forever. dead dps.... DO NO FUCKING DPS!

EDIT: the 6 abilities are on WoWhead PTR from what i heard from a guildie. apperently its like GotAK, wings, and some utility spells dunno the full 6 but that much reduction on out big booty burst? YES PLZ!

15+ Year Old Account
    on the new ptr build it allows you to equip the cd reducing trinket and the amplification trinket at the same time. the cd reduction one makes wings 1.44 min cd, goak 2.16 min, bubble 1.8, divine prt 21.6 sec, and dev 2.16min. the amplification one is based off of the number of each stat you have not just raising each ones percent by 14% eg. if you have 15k haste is raises it by 2100.
    just from beating on the dummy's the stacking crit trinkets uptime is quite high and it refreshes a couple seconds after it falls off
    Last edited by shoeboy4; 2013-07-03 at 08:41 PM.

Deleted
    yeah total overpowered

That is a pretty big change on the % rating trinkets. I would assume. Being over hitcaps like this tier would result in larger dps drop then ever. Also Feather is... looking pretty good again by comparison. CDR trinket not looking bad either since the stats trinket isn't as OP we would had liked at first glance.

Anywho the procs themselves need to be checked for accuraccy we all know how notorious trinket tooltips are for false information. Check all the procs especially the strength ones. 11k sounds too low for a 10 second buff.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodrogue View Post
    Bairdy isn't that good, only thing he had going for him this tier was gear.
    Damn someones mad

Hi cuties ♥

Quote Originally Posted by shoeboy4 View Post
    on the new ptr build it allows you to equip the cd reducing trinket and the amplification trinket at the same time. the cd reduction one makes wings 1.44 min cd, goak 2.16 min, bubble 1.8, divine prt 21.6 sec, and dev 2.16min. the amplification one is based off of the number of each stat you have not just raising each ones percent by 14% eg. if you have 15k haste is raises it by 2100.
    just from beating on the dummy's the stacking crit trinkets uptime is quite high and it refreshes a couple seconds after it falls off
    No surprise if this ends up BIS next tier. a single clump aoe = full stack. Whats the full stack crit %?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BAIRD View Post
    Damn someones mad

Hi cuties ♥
    Get Roped. Goddamn you have been playing this game forever.

SWP rets are almost dead.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-07-03 at 10:14 PM.