That was something I wondered also, but sim still shows positive for that and after we lose t15 2pc that could be the thing

Both SimulationCraft and Exemplar's spreadsheet agree that it is a DPS increase, even with 2 piece T15. Can both be wrong?
    For reference, here is Exemplar's explanation on the topic: http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t130889-...0/#post2315105

As can be read in the few post following it, this only applies to single target since our AoE rotation has far more holy damage.

Can't wait to see what the legendary is

Quote Originally Posted by JoeIrish View Post
    Can't wait to see what the legendary is
    I don't know if you're serious or if you're just a spambot, but the Legendary has been datamined for a few PTR builds now.

Gong-Lu, Strength of Xuen
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    I don't know if you're serious or if you're just a spambot, but the Legendary has been datamined for a few PTR builds now.

Gong-Lu, Strength of Xuen
    Or he's just not up to date with the news. No need to be rude.

I actually have Mining and JC as professions. I'm looking to drop JC for another profession. Somebody told me Engineering is gonna be shit in 5.4, is this true? Or can I drop JC and lvl engineering? or is BS better?

Halp.
    Last edited by Colmadero; 2013-07-23 at 09:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by themightysven View Post
    don't forget he who Sargeras fears: Milhouse Manastorm. (Stonecore was merely a setback)
    My armory

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    I actually have Mining and JC as professions. I'm looking to drop JC for another profession. Somebody told me Engineering is gonna be shit in 5.4, is this true? Or can I drop JC and lvl engineering? or is BS better?

Halp.
    Drop them both for Engineering/blacksmithing. Mining is beyond useless.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Halp.
    If you were to drop one of the two, it would have to be mining just out of the sheer bonuses you get from mining compared to jewelcrafting. Engineering is from what I understand the best profession for (at least) PvE. Blacksmithing is also a very solid choice. But yes, unfortunately there really isn't a gathering profession that is great for Ret, other than Skinning which is easily beat out by miles by BS/Engr/JC.
    Exorcising Undead in the name of the Silver Hand!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...homerun/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Dmchomerun View Post
    If you were to drop one of the two, it would have to be mining just out of the sheer bonuses you get from mining compared to jewelcrafting. Engineering is from what I understand the best profession for (at least) PvE. Blacksmithing is also a very solid choice. But yes, unfortunately there really isn't a gathering profession that is great for Ret, other than Skinning which is easily beat out by miles by BS/Engr/JC.
    Say I were to drop JC, which one would you recommend? Eng or BS? I don't want to drop mining yet as I don't have a gathering alt and I'm kind of poor to lvl with the AH
    don't forget he who Sargeras fears: Milhouse Manastorm. (Stonecore was merely a setback)
    My armory

Say I were to drop JC, which one would you recommend? Eng or BS? I don't want to drop mining yet as I don't have a gathering alt and I'm kind of poor to lvl with the AH
    Since you have mining atm,why dont you spend some days to farm the mats for both BS and Engi seeing that buying them from AH isnt an option.

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    Since you have mining atm,why dont you spend some days to farm the mats for both BS and Engi seeing that buying them from AH isnt an option.
    And where could I find a detailed list of the mats that I need to farm? Like a guide of sorts. www.wow-professions.com seems to be down.
    My armory

And where could I find a detailed list of the mats that I need to farm? Like a guide of sorts. www.wow-professions.com seems to be down.
    Hmm I can access it just fine.

http://www.wow-professions.com/wowgu...ing-guide.html

http://www.wow-professions.com/wowgu...ing-guide.html

tailoring+enginneering all the way if you reaaaaally want to pan out your optimisation. Because Hit enchant on cloak ie useless and crit one is meh compared to casters who gain 180int.

Tailoring is just too easy to level up. Engineering can be a pain, but just as much as BS. I don't like JC dps-wise.

I personally roll Tailoring+BS (dropped JC in cata), but couldn't find the strength to abandon BS because A: it's secnd bestbehind Eng, and B: I sweat my ass off during my noobish leveling to get it, and was sooo happy to craft my first epic in naxxramas 2.0 times ^^.

So, pure dps gains :
    1. tailoring+Eng
    2. Eng+BS OR tailoring+BS
    3. Bs+anything else (JC/lLW/Ench/Inscrption/..) that gives you +320str

But that's my opinion. Hope we helped you make a decision

Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    tailoring+enginneering all the way if you reaaaaally want to pan out your optimisation. Because Hit enchant on cloak ie useless and crit one is meh compared to casters who gain 180int.
    To be fair, while Casters get Int on Cloaks, we get Strength on Gloves (Int and Agi have to use secondary stats), and the Agi enchant is for Boots (Blurred Speed), where the rest of us are using Pandaren Step (barring talent-based movement speed bonuses).

Every stat type gets 1 enchant slot with main stat over secondary.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

I agree, but our alternative stat on cloak are our least interesting So with tailoring, you get to have your Str enchant on gloves, AND PA enchant on cloak

Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    I agree, but our alternative stat on cloak are our least interesting So with tailoring, you get to have your Str enchant on gloves, AND PA enchant on cloak
    I think the main advantage to the engineering is that you can determine when you get it rather than having the sod proc off a judgment that you chuck out from range when you're not doing very much.
    Retribution Paladin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Thete#2661

Yeah, if you have to choose between eng+bs or tailoring + bs, go for eng+bs for the control.

I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    What's the uptime on the tailoring cloak?
    BS gives 640 haste all the time so the cloak needs to give something like 300 AP averaged out per second, which means it needs to proc what? every 25 seconds?
    You won't take Tailoring over Engi simply because you can line up synapse springs with ES every single time.
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

Tailoring cloak is 4000 PA for 15sec with 60sec ICD. So 25%uptime and 1000PA average