I might be looking at the possibility of never acquiring a heroic weapon this tier, it's not even funny , I've had no luck with my charms or council.

Deleted

Please could I get some advice on trinkets and valor upgrades?

Hey everyone! Please could I get some advice on trinkets and valor upgrades? I mainly PvP and don't have a schedule that allows normal/heroic raiding, just LFR, world bosses so I have limited valor etc but I still like to min/max my PvE set.

My armory is eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/terokkar/williamsson/advanced

I'm currently using Brutal Talisman and Raid Finder Lei Shen's Final Orders.

I just hit Shieldwall revered and now have access to Helmbreaker Medallion and am wondering what to do with my hard-earned valor

OPTIONS:
    A - Buy Helmbreaker to replace Lei Shen's
    B - Save Valor for Spikeshard Greatcloak when I hit Shado-Pan Assault Honored to replace my 496 PvP cloak
    C- Use the valor to upgrade something else while I hope for an LFR trinket drop.
    D - something else!

Your wise advice much appreciated - I don't get much valor so want to spend it wisely!

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsson View Post
    Hey everyone! Please could I get some advice on trinkets and valor upgrades? I mainly PvP and don't have a schedule that allows normal/heroic raiding, just LFR, world bosses so I have limited valor etc but I still like to min/max my PvE set.

My armory is eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/terokkar/williamsson/advanced

I'm currently using Brutal Talisman and Raid Finder Lei Shen's Final Orders.

I just hit Shieldwall revered and now have access to Helmbreaker Medallion and am wondering what to do with my hard-earned valor

OPTIONS:
    A - Buy Helmbreaker to replace Lei Shen's
    B - Save Valor for Spikeshard Greatcloak when I hit Shado-Pan Assault Honored to replace my 496 PvP cloak
    C- Use the valor to upgrade something else while I hope for an LFR trinket drop.
    D - something else!

Your wise advice much appreciated - I don't get much valor so want to spend it wisely!
    Helmbreaker is pretty trash, I'd reccomend grabbing the cloak when you can.

What's the quickest way to start building a BiS list for the T-16 stuff? I was going to go through some gear stuff and build a set but I couldn't find an easy way to do it without messing around with a spreadsheet. I was hoping to use Wowhead but I couldn't figure out how to build item sets with the PTR gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Floross View Post
    I might be looking at the possibility of never acquiring a heroic weapon this tier, it's not even funny , I've had no luck with my charms or council.
    I got a heroic bo-ris drop from Ji Kun if that makes you feel any better so yeah shared loot is (kinda) working. Council hasn't drop a heroic weapon for us yet (4 kills so far) but i wouldn't be too concerned if i was you. You will get a drop.

We (as a 25m guild) didn't get a 2-hand drop in like 5 weeks. Then the dam broke and I rolled a Heroic Sword from Council. Same day I got a Heroic Bo-Ris to drop. Then a couple weeks ago when we killed Lei Shen I rolled a Heroic-TF Axe. You watch, your luck will break and you'll be rolling in weapons, just too bad it'll be at the end of a tier. You could hope it holds out until you get into next tier and then you get rewarded.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...T16-items-list
    ^
    All our T16 items, there's no BiS list atm (hoping Anaxie will poop one out) because PTR is still early on and is now starting to see balance changes to items and tier bonuses.
    I've marked all the items that are best itemized for us as of this patch but with the stat amp trinket we might see a haste cap which might end up pushing us away from haste. Still though we should want to go for haste + mastery items and then gem haste or mastery (or socket bonuses) and then reforge away whatever to get the caps we want.

Couple things about the "bis" items.
    1. trinkets are not final yet so their value isn't set.
    2. increased ilvl items and valor upgrades makes hit and exp less and less of an issue.
    3. Racial bonuses (human, dwarf or draenei?) will be viable. Hit and Exp isn't lacking on items but they're not nearly as common as they were in T15.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2013-08-10 at 10:43 PM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...T16-items-list
    ^
    All our T16 items, there's no BiS list atm (hoping Anaxie will poop one out) because PTR is still early on and is now starting to see balance changes to items and tier bonuses.
    I've marked all the items that are best itemized for us as of this patch but with the stat amp trinket we might see a haste cap which might end up pushing us away from haste. Still though we should want to go for haste + mastery items and then gem haste or mastery (or socket bonuses) and then reforge away whatever to get the caps we want.

Couple things about the "bis" items.
    1. trinkets are not final yet so their value isn't set.
    2. increased ilvl items and valor upgrades makes hit and exp less and less of an issue.
    3. Racial bonuses (human, dwarf or draenei?) will be viable. Hit and Exp isn't lacking on items but they're not nearly as common as they were in T15.
    Yeah, I saw that thread and was keeping up with it. I just like to go through Wowhead and setup gear sets. It's fine, I can just wait until Anaxie gets around to it or do it when Wowhead allows me to. Thanks for the answer tho, Huntingbear.

Quote Originally Posted by Floross View Post

God I know that feel. I watched a dk recruit come in and bonus roll a boris, and our gm rolled for his fury spec and got a htf frozen hells instead of primo trinket. We do 25s and haven't seen one actually drop all tier.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Josh/advanced
    #thunderclub
    [22:04:20.636] Josh Templar's Verdict Lei Shen *825815*

The problem with any "bis" list is that there's too much variables. say full normal mode without valor upgrades you'll need 1 more hit/exp item but in full heroic ilvl increase and valor upgrades you might need 1 or 2 less hit/exp pieces, imo just go with what's best itemized and then reforge around to get the exp caps. On 570+ ilvl I think you'll ignore hit or exp pieces and if you're human/dwarf/draenei you're definitely going to want to take one less hit/exp item.

15+ Year Old Account
    Here is a 10min log of hitting the dummy with the legendary cloak. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...6fu/details/3/
    i have not been able to get it to proc from exorcism but it is proccing from judgment while standing at range
    Last edited by shoeboy4; 2013-08-11 at 12:13 AM. Reason: addiing findings

Deleted
    So with patch 5.4 on the horizon and all the RPPM nerfs etc

What trinkets you guys going with for patch day and probably weeks 1-4 of progression depending on luck with trinkets

Personally im probably going to go for 2/2/ valor and Spark or Lei shens final orders hc so i can get some guaranteed NUmbers on the pull

What you guys thinking?
    Last edited by mmoc3bba8e8efd; 2013-08-11 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    The problem with any "bis" list is that there's too much variables. say full normal mode without valor upgrades you'll need 1 more hit/exp item but in full heroic ilvl increase and valor upgrades you might need 1 or 2 less hit/exp pieces, imo just go with what's best itemized and then reforge around to get the exp caps. On 570+ ilvl I think you'll ignore hit or exp pieces and if you're human/dwarf/draenei you're definitely going to want to take one less hit/exp item.
    Yeah, I get that. Our guild is requiring us to have a BiS list built up when the patch comes out. They will do subs based around our gear needs. I was hoping to do what I did this tier and put up an "ideal" set and then comparable offset pieces, as a just in case. I just have your post listed in my thread currently. I was going to edit it more later, but I was being a lazy jerk and didn't want to manually add up stats to get to the caps, etc. It's all good though. I appreciate the comments/suggestions.

- - - Updated - - -

As a secondary question, are we to assume that valor upgrades are staying in the game when the patch comes out? I hadn't heard anything so I assumed they were.

Deleted
    Dark animus kill count: 14 on LFR, 1 on normal, likely 6 coins so far. 20 loot changes at least and I have yet to even see the tier chest drop...

should I just give up on solely trying for my best tier piece and also go for council gloves?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    Dark animus kill count: 14 on LFR, 1 on normal, likely 6 coins so far. 20 loot changes at least and I have yet to even see the tier chest drop...

should I just give up on solely trying for my best tier piece and also go for council gloves?
    From my experience after 36 chances to get it, not counting coins (approx 8-10):
    It doesn't exists. Give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanyn View Post
    are we to assume that valor upgrades are staying in the game when the patch comes out? I hadn't heard anything so I assumed they were.
    There's no other valor dump on PTR yet, no valor vendors for valor gear, no valor for epic gems, no valor for gold, no nothing... I'm going to be annoyed if it's ONLY valor upgrades that we're supposed to use valor on next tier... I'm already valor capped and unless I somehow manage to get 2 item upgrades every week I'm going to be capped at valor forever...

10+ Year Old Account
    There is the SPA gear for reduced valor cost, but it is irrelevant for people who have done ToT normal at least. There will probably be crafting materials like orbs and stuff or SoH for sale. I hope. Did anyone notice any vendor like armor pieces in those huge gear lists?

Deleted
    So if the tooltip is to be trusted they doubled the RPPPM on feather to "compensate".

Is this enough to at least keep the feather until one gets another trinket from the new raid or will we really have to replace a HCTF feather with brutal talisman when the patch hits?

10+ Year Old Account
    "The heirloom weapons that drop from Garrosh are personal loot in Flex, Normal, and Heroic difficulty.
    The first heirloom weapon that drops for you will be for your current loot spec, but after that you will get one at random."

From first page, out of the GC interview.
    Good part : you dont have to roll against anyone to get the weapon
    Bad part: if you get the first from Flex difficulty, getting one for ret from normal/hc will be a lottery with a gazillion other specs included.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    From my experience after 36 chances to get it, not counting coins (approx 8-10):
    It doesn't exists. Give up.
    doesn't solve the issue that we're closing in on the next patch and I've yet to acquire my 4PT15. should I just give up and prepare for 5.4 and get 4PT16 when it arrives? especially given that I'll be unable to get anything past LFR in this patch and possibly flex the next.