I would keep going for it. It wont take too much time out of your day and T15 4p is a big dps increase. You also have to think about how lfr and flex has gated progression in 5.4 so who knows when you'll get anything better.

Quote Originally Posted by Octan View Post
    "The heirloom weapons that drop from Garrosh are personal loot in Flex, Normal, and Heroic difficulty.
    The first heirloom weapon that drops for you will be for your current loot spec, but after that you will get one at random."

From first page, out of the GC interview.
    Good part : you dont have to roll against anyone to get the weapon
    Bad part: if you get the first from Flex difficulty, getting one for ret from normal/hc will be a lottery with a gazillion other specs included.

UGHHHHHHH it really should be PER mode or else you will see SMART players dropping flex/LFR garrosh and punishing heroic raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    UGHHHHHHH it really should be PER mode or else you will see SMART players dropping flex/LFR garrosh and punishing heroic raiders.
    Because the raid experience as a whole depends on your personal loot options?

No wonder everyone talks to you like you're a slobbering girl.

Please, lets refrain from this kind of attitude and posting. Thank you.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-08-14 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles Malarkey View Post
    Because the raid experience as a whole depends on your personal loot options?

No wonder everyone talks to you like you're a slobbering girl.
    No, because if you stay in LFR/Flex for garrosh, you're fucked out of a guaranteed better weapon from normal/heroic?

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont know anyone that would knowingly gimp themselves by getting an lfr or flex garrrosh weapon if they have the means to acquire a normal or heroic version of it. I totally agree with what anaxie is saying especially if your paladin is your main and you have no other max lvl alts you would be better to sit or not do lfr or flex garrosh till you get the norm or heroic version.

Waiting for H Garrosh would be kind of complicated for those of us not in top guilds, but still raiding heroic.
    But I agree, everyone who raids at least in normal mode should pass on Flex Garrosh until they got their weapon from normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Alviarin View Post
    Waiting for H Garrosh would be kind of complicated for those of us not in top guilds, but still raiding heroic.
    But I agree, everyone who raids at least in normal mode should pass on Flex Garrosh until they got their weapon from normal.
    Well that's why anaxie said we're getting fucked. Even people in top guilds will be killing garrosh on normal far before heroic, so you waste your "guarenteed mainspec weapon" on a normal mode kill.

15+ Year Old Account
    Could it be that the loot specialization can come in handy and save ppl from that?At least for the ones that will kill him on flex before normal.

So was testing the new trinkets and cloak on the PTR, I bought the 39% CDR trinket and give or take a few seconds, my wings should be on a 1min12sec CD, however it was on a 1min26sec CD. Divine protection should be 18 seconds but is 21.6 seconds. Guardian should be around 1min50seconds but was around 2min10sec. And it doesn't affect Devotion aura at all anymore.

The cloak, after about 6 minutes did around 3.7% of my damage on single target using normal rotation. Was about 8% for my DK friend. Not a big enough sample to take serious and i'll test some more later but just posting first results.

edit: Cloak doesn't prooc of Censure either.
    Last edited by Faesroll; 2013-08-14 at 02:44 PM.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Allright so apparently it's not a flat 39% reduction, the 39% one is actually 28% and the Heroic Warforged with 50%is actually 33.33333%. Just gonna copy paste how it was explained to me.

Think of it this way. If you increase RATE by 100% you will get your CD back twice as fast. If you DECREASE the duation its on cd by 100%, you have it back instantly.

The cooldown recovery rate increase is currently 39% as stated by the item's tooltip - but this is not the same as a cooldown reduction of 39%. In actuality the cooldown time is reduced by around 28% as a result of the increased recovery time (given by cooldown reduction percentage = 100(1-(1/1.39)).

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Allright so apparently it's not a flat 39% reduction, the 39% one is actually 28% and the Heroic Warforged with 50%is actually 33.33333%. Just gonna copy paste how it was explained to me.

Think of it this way. If you increase RATE by 100% you will get your CD back twice as fast. If you DECREASE the duation its on cd by 100%, you have it back instantly.

The cooldown recovery rate increase is currently 39% as stated by the item's tooltip - but this is not the same as a cooldown reduction of 39%. In actuality the cooldown time is reduced by around 28% as a result of the increased recovery time (given by cooldown reduction percentage = 100(1-(1/1.39)).
    From my personal observation; which you may want to take into account. The cooldowns remained the same with items upscaled to ilvl555 (gal10H) and downscaled to ilvl520 (prots25N). So I'm pretty sure its quite buggy, not to even mention that if you use that trinket in slot1 you have to re-equip each time you die/zone while in slot2 the cd reduction remains w-o needing to re-equip.

Thumbs up

MIGHT have time tommorrow to mess with OP and put a list up. BIG maybe I don't even have time for farm raids nowadays.

Hmm, how well will ret compete with the rest of the classes? Considering most DPS specs are getting buffs here and there, and ret's only changes have been GOAK's reduced cd/stacking buff.

What amazes me is that they found time to increase Hunter's Beast Cleave AoE range from 8 to 10 yards but still didn't deem necessary to have a look at HotR's crappy usage and range. Oh, and more Rogue and Lock ups, because why the hell not. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Alviarin View Post
    What amazes me is that they found time to increase Hunter's Beast Cleave AoE range from 8 to 10 yards but still didn't deem necessary to have a look at HotR's crappy usage and range. Oh, and more Rogue and Lock ups, because why the hell not. Go figure.
    I'm less concerned with lock/rogue buffs, but dk and spriest?

Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    I'm less concerned with lock/rogue buffs, but dk and spriest?
    I can understand DK and buffs to an extend, the only viable DK spec was festerblight and after feather got destroyed they needed some compensation. Not gonna judge Spriests as I don't really know how good/bad they are.

What boggles me is Warlock and Rogue buffs, rogues are arguably the best melee class already and get absurd buffs, and warlocks are the most versatile class you can have, incredible raid utility with portals and healthstones, absurd damage on both single and multi target and an immense amount of personal cool downs.

We're probably down to the bottom of the melee together with enhance and warriors, although I expect enhance to get some compensation for the(pvp) burst nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    I can understand DK and buffs to an extend, the only viable DK spec was festerblight and after feather got destroyed they needed some compensation. Not gonna judge Spriests as I don't really know how good/bad they are.

What boggles me is Warlock and Rogue buffs, rogues are arguably the best melee class already and get absurd buffs, and warlocks are the most versatile class you can have, incredible raid utility with portals and healthstones, absurd damage on both single and multi target and an immense amount of personal cool downs.

We're probably down to the bottom of the melee together with enhance and warriors, although I expect enhance to get some compensation for the(pvp) burst nerf.
    Yeah enh got destroyed, and warriors are pretty bad too. With theses crazy buffs to other classes, we're riding pretty low on the totem pole.

Just to toss this out there, almost all of the warlock specs have been largely gutten on the PTR so far, to the point that some of the specs don't even work right now, so these may seem like buffs if you consider them from the live standpoint, but it's in an attempt to fix their brokenness. So comparing out DPS to their buffs might not be the best idea.

DK's overall are just crap and need buffs. Spriest as a spec is probably in its worst state ever. Only reason to bring a Spriest in 10man atm is if you are missing spell haste and/or are 2-healing with your Disc going Shadow. How they do compared to Ret I can't tell other than that I know my 530 Ret in almost no normal gear can do higher DPS than my Spriest in full normal BiS + some TF/HC pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    DK's overall are just crap and need buffs. Spriest as a spec is probably in its worst state ever. Only reason to bring a Spriest in 10man atm is if you are missing spell haste and/or are 2-healing with your Disc going Shadow. How they do compared to Ret I can't tell other than that I know my 530 Ret in almost no normal gear can do higher DPS than my Spriest in full normal BiS + some TF/HC pieces.
    I know you're not talking about spriest vs. ret on live, cause spriest is ahead of ret on all but three fights, Jin'rokh, Ji-kun and Lei Shen. The first two we're able to augment our burst, and the third is only a 3k difference. Every other fight spriest is blowing ret out of the water, and they've only otherwise gotten buffs in the patch notes. So if you're able to out-perform your spriest on your ret, you're just a better ret than you are spriest.