Quote Originally Posted by Otul View Post
    read the first paragraph of the first post of this thread please!
    thank you friend and this bad then..

Deleted
    Got a couple questions if anyone can enlighten me please:

the 40% haste 'cap' is only something you'd want once you get t16 4pc, correct?

what exactly is the new ranking list for the trinkets? example, I just got a Galakras 528 (LFR) and am using 549 Spark and 549 Feather, is it worth upgrading the Galakras to 536 and using it over... Spark? If anyone can answer this or even provide the rankings for all the trinkets (5.2+5.4 together) I'd appreciate it, thanks.

Well hello there Ignite bro
    as far as I'm concerned the 40% "cap" is with T16 4set yes, putting in 4set proc in your priority chain makes you less likely to run out of crap to hit and also increases the value on mastery. More haste isn't "bad" it's just not as strong (theoretically) as mastery.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2013-09-26 at 12:40 AM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Well hello there Ignite bro
    haha sup :d 3.8k posts woah you been active bra

And thanks for enlighting me on that part

now i gotta know wtf im gonna do with this trinket
    Last edited by mmoce61482dce7; 2013-09-26 at 12:43 AM.

I'm getting quite a bit non-teir pieces. Its tempting to break my 4 set to wear all of them.
    Anyone else run into this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Calimon-ZJ View Post
    You read wrong. 1st one is guaranteed to drop for your current spec. Said nothing about drop chance.
    Current spec, or current loot specialization selected. I mainspec prot in my raids but I don't care about the prot heirloom, I want a ret weapon. Hope it's specialization selected. Can anyone 100% confirm this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calimon-ZJ View Post
    You read wrong. 1st one is guaranteed to drop for your current spec. Said nothing about drop chance.
    Yeah has been answered now, thanks. Got another Q considering red sockets. Method ret paladin seems to be using Str / Haste gems in red,
    I was thinking exp / haste should be better, so I ran my character through simcraft.

Q1 : Am I correct using 160 exp / 160 haste instead of 80 str. / 160 haste due to the scaling factor str : exp = 5,56 : 4,7 ?
    Q2 : Is simcraft working correct? Crit only 0,01 behind haste and better than mastery?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lychnuchus View Post
    Yeah has been answered now, thanks. Got another Q considering red sockets. Method ret paladin seems to be using Str / Haste gems in red,
    I was thinking exp / haste should be better, so I ran my character through simcraft.

Q1 : Am I correct using 160 exp / 160 haste instead of 80 str. / 160 haste due to the scaling factor str : exp = 5,56 : 4,7 ?
    Q2 : Is simcraft working correct? Crit only 0,01 behind haste and better than mastery?
    the weight of expertise has no meaning if you can cap. the only weight you should give to expertise is your 2nd best stats : crit or mastery. both are at 3.xx+ VS Str at 5.xx so whichever your choice is between crit and mastery best after haste, your gemming looks valid with expertise/haste, as long as you gain the same amount of crit/mastery via reforging.

@ingite : about trinket galakras is so OP than it trumps spark imo. have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Dexyn View Post
    Unless you're wearing LFR t15 4p and you're breaking for a full set of heroic non-tier pieces, it's probably not worth it.
    Nah, its a mix or normal and heroic t15 and normal warforged non-teir items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still not worth as far as I know, last numbers I saw said the t15 4pc was like a 8-10% dps increase (or something, it's back in this thread somewhere), and I'm pretty sure no non-tier pieces are worth that much. Also, I could be wrong about the exact % increase of the 4pc, but the idea is still the same.

Since I'm a baddie who didn't do PTR new 4 set I got last night is spinning my head. Partially frantic soaking, adds slowing me, and Chain taunting every 10 seconds isn't making my new rotation easy to slip into while i forget the T15 one . Prolly be good by next raid though, gotta replace some muscle memory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Since I'm a baddie who didn't do PTR new 4 set I got last night is spinning my head. Partially frantic soaking, adds slowing me, and Chain taunting every 10 seconds isn't making my new rotation easy to slip into while i forget the T15 one . Prolly be good by next raid though, gotta replace some muscle memory.
    Yep I know EXACTLY what you mean.

When sitting on a DP proc and 5hopo, i'm having to wait a split second to confirm a tier proc before I know how to dump everything, that and learning mechanics and everything else is super fun

Also, for fun tried mastery>haste (60% mastery un-buffed and 30% haste) just to see how it feels, almost no downtime on rotation.

2 facts are that i'm not a theory crafter, and that whilst decent there are many better rets reading this right now.

Considering If my GCD is full (and from limited testing it seems it mostly is)

Haven't I just basically gained 8% mastery damage for basically no cost?

I feel im missing something major of course because if this was the case im certain someone would have said it by now.

EDIT: I should think this through properly the major thing i have missed is the GCD reduction yay, time for a public excecution!

Still, going to try it tho, curious how it will work in a raid environment.

EDIT 2: seems its not worth it, was worth a look XD
    Last edited by mmoc058bdfc1cf; 2013-09-26 at 05:04 PM.

Deleted
    i ran with 30% haste most of ToT and found the rotation fluid enough, now up at 35%haste and 53% mastery un buffed and really feel like dropping to 30% haste again,(Note i have t16 4 set)
    Last edited by mmoc3bba8e8efd; 2013-09-26 at 05:15 PM. Reason: dumb

I almost wonder how many plate DPS will attempt to taunt General Nazgrim to pad rankings by cheesing Sundering Blow/Defensive Stance...

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderhuge View Post
    I almost wonder how many plate DPS will attempt to taunt General Nazgrim to pad rankings by cheesing Sundering Blow/Defensive Stance...
    Who needs sundering blow when you can wait a few weeks of gear and just ignore the fight mechanics while you zerg.

Just had a comment on not breaking the T15 4pc set. I currently have 2pc T16 and 2pc T15 and honestly I am during more damage. That Tv buff that we get was very nice but so is 5% increase damage on top of the 2piece T15 set. This is just from my own personal play but it seems that everyone is agreeing to saying not to break it but to scared to actually try it. Spoke with other rets as well from Overture, BLood Legion and they have tried it and seem to be doing just fine. Its not really a dps lost unless the dreadful word IF comes into play with the procs you get from T15 4pc but thats IF. Its not like we are guranteed that proc. Some people may bash this post, but you never know until you actually try it.

So I picked up Galakras' normal cdr trinket and I have a 549 Primordius and a 543 Feather , but I also have 566 Immersius Hit Bracers I haven't put on yet. Now I figure the logical thing would be to drop the Feather trinket since well , I'm already over hit cap by about two haste stam gems before I do anything. Thoughts ?

Quote Originally Posted by will32 View Post
    Just had a comment on not breaking the T15 4pc set. I currently have 2pc T16 and 2pc T15 and honestly I am during more damage. That Tv buff that we get was very nice but so is 5% increase damage on top of the 2piece T15 set. This is just from my own personal play but it seems that everyone is agreeing to saying not to break it but to scared to actually try it. Spoke with other rets as well from Overture, BLood Legion and they have tried it and seem to be doing just fine. Its not really a dps lost unless the dreadful word IF comes into play with the procs you get from T15 4pc but thats IF. Its not like we are guranteed that proc. Some people may bash this post, but you never know until you actually try it.
    whats your armory?
    do you have logs demonstrating these findings?
    which rets did you talk to? Grant? Lip? Because Lip is still using t15 4pc, whereas Grant is now using 2pct16 and other offpieces.
    Also, define doing "fine"?

Not saying what you suggested is wrong or anything, I just wanted to see if you have any hard evidence or if what your saying is based on anecdotal evidence

Here's something else I'm wondering: So with Galakras normal non-TF ( upgr. 561 , 42% reduction ) I have guardian at 2.11 minutes and AW at 1.41 minutes. Not delaying either lets them line up again on the 3rd guardian which is approximately at 4mins and 13 seconds mark. So in conclusion , don't delay ? Or depending on the fight ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexyn View Post
    RE:Will32

Does anyone know if GoAK follows you back down out of the Heart on Garrosh? I've been skeptical of it, but haven't noticed.
    Nope, you lose the buff and pet disappears :[